RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

30,381 to 30,400 of 37,355 messages
24/05/2013 at 11:46

Ant - Bloody drivers, you should of rolled around on the ground holding your back, and sued him/her

2old - Yes Northcote manor is nice and posh for afternoon tea. I went up A6 to the other side of Garstang, then turned into 'The Trough', and back down thru Longridge and Goosnargh. I hope you didn't feel guilty stuffing your face, whilst I was out toiling away

Freemers - it's a large organised event, broken down into 6 stages of about 40-45miles. 3 stops just snacks and drinks, then 2 stops at mile 90 and 170 with hot food as well. Your allowed a bag which is taken to each stop for you, with extra clothes/lights/food/Paracetamol/pro plus/batteries etc. There's also mechanical and medical support along the route, and pacers, and a sweeper wagon that can pick you up and take you to the next stop or finish if your struggling. So it's quite easy really

Edited: 24/05/2013 at 11:54
24/05/2013 at 11:46

Ant - crikey . Hope no lasting damage...to the bike I mean .  Ahh Dunwich - one of my favourite places. Nice pub there

24/05/2013 at 11:58

Ant - Yes they do quite a few night rides for some reason, normally arriving in your destination as the sun comes up. I think they do a big one in London, were all the streets are closed to cyclists during the night

24/05/2013 at 12:31

Looking at the official results for the 10K race last night: out of the 385 men racing - 70 got under 40 minutes! My 43:22 got me 122 place only.

PS on the Dunwich Dynamo, I forgot to add that it was an overnight ride! So sunrise on the beach and recovery in Freemers' favourite boozer 

http://southwarkcyclists.org.uk/dunwich-dynamo-ride

Edited: 24/05/2013 at 12:32
24/05/2013 at 14:25

Carrot - well done on your 10k. That was a very quick time, and always good to negative split

Ant - 2 minutes faster than last year shows great improvement. Everything is going in the right direction and points to a good pb in the near future. I hope you are ok after this mornings accident.

Brolish - a first place is awesome. Don't be worrying about time, you were top of the podium!

Minni - glad to hear that your calf is on the mend.

24/05/2013 at 14:40

Simon - lovely area for a ride and an indulgent long lunch. No guilt here 

Ant - just shows how mad runners are- You were just relieved you'd raced last night not today. Looks like it was a qualityl bunch of runners Last night 

got the swim done so will I get a run done ?

24/05/2013 at 15:07

blimey Ant. I hope you are ok.  Idiot.  (The drive, not you).

I'm going to run tonight and see how the calf is.  I still have a bit of pain in a specific area, which feels as if it could be bone, when I move in a certain way.  ie if I put pressure on the ball of my foot I can feel it but its not massively painful.  Do you think I've got a stress fracture?  Anyone?

24/05/2013 at 16:06

Minni - I had pizza for lunch and will have steak and red wine for tea  And luckily because I am a runner I have a bag of frozen peas already at work. 

No idea about stress fractures, sorry - but aren't they caused by repetive strain - whereas you've hardly run at all recently?

24/05/2013 at 17:18

Hope you're OK Ant

24/05/2013 at 17:58

O4S: sorry to hear about BA's cataract surgery. That's rotten timing but I guess you have to grab the opportunity and get the op done or else it's another long wait.

AA: nice 600s. I keep asking myself the same question - how did I run 7:50s for an entire marathon when 9mm feels almost impossible right now ... and let's better not talk about speedwork

2old: great news from the physio. Enjoy the build up

spoons: nice trendy 5 miler and well done to your GF for proper chicking you

BarryB: that's good news then, isn't it? If they can't find anything wrong with the xray things must be alright I hope.

Carrot: brilliant 10k ! I wish I could be anywhere near that! And you got a negative split too - EXCELLENT

Bro: well done on 1st lady . Don't despair if you didn't get the time you wanted. It's pretty normal after a marathon. I'm exactly the same and I know it's a rubbish feeling but unfortunatly we seem to be those that take months rather than weeks to recover . Onwards and upwards. TBH, if I can get around in 45ish on Sunday I'd be having a good day. I'm thinking more 46 or 47 mins given the precious little running that I've done. I feel like my fitness has completely disappeared .

Ant: another great 10k for the thread . You guys put me to shame. Glad you are still in one piece after the incident !

Simon: great riding - you really knock those 100 milers out on a daily basis it seems!

Minni: hope it's not a stress fracture ! Shouldn't fractures hurt when you are running?

24/05/2013 at 19:15

Minni- hmmm. ...think you'd be better getting a professional opinion. I think it's improved recently because the swelling  inflammation has gone down but left the damaged area more identifiable .

managed a run- just over 8 miles in a little over an hour. Very windy too. Heel not 100% but despite a couple of miles at near 7.15 pace it isn't break down. So that's 40 miles of running this month. ....mega mileage eh?

24/05/2013 at 20:03

Excellent trio of 10k's:

Ant -  Good racing and shows you are coming in to  good form.

Carrot - Congrats on the PB. Very well raced.

Brol - Congrats on the first place, not the time you wanted but a win is a win.

Minni - They've delayed the restructure at my work til the middle of June, so no change for me yet and making the most of it getting some OT in this weekend.  Take care with your calf/shin I know when I ran on mine the pain would disappear after about 3 miles but come back with avengeance the following day.

2old - Good news but don't push too hard too soon, that's 40 miles more than me.

Simon -  Impressive cycling in naff conditions, many taking part in the main event?

24/05/2013 at 20:59

Barry - There were upto 500 slots available, but I don't know what the uptake was, maybe a few hundred, shit I could be the only mad/crazy person doing it.

24/05/2013 at 21:06

Ant hope you're OK after this morning, some drivers shouldn't be on the road. That's a fantastic 10K improvement since last year, bring on the next 10K in two weeks!Congratulations on the first place Bro!   Brilliant, I've never come first before  

Free sounds like he was attempting to chat you up...

How did the run tonight go Minni?

2old great 8 miler, you're getting your speed back.

Simon it sounds like it'll be an epic event to remember, I'm sure there'll be plenty of other crazy folk taking part!

My hen do is tomorrow

24/05/2013 at 21:21

Have fun tomorrow carrot. 

2old - yes I'm thinking I perhaps need to get a professional opinion.  It's definitely much better and not going into spasm but it's still a bit up and down.  I've hardly run in the past 5 weeks  and I guess I'm just like you and Barry and want answers but we all know that really rest is the only thing that will help

24/05/2013 at 21:26

Tonight's run was 4 miles and a bit less comfortable than the same on Wednesday but not enough to make me stop and again speeding up didn't make it worse, if anything  it eased - probably because my stride was a bit different. 

I think tomorrow I'll try a double of 2 x 2m and see what that brings.!

24/05/2013 at 22:12

Carot - Enjoy the strippers tomorrow night

Minni - Hope the calf behave's itself.

25/05/2013 at 09:27

Carrot - have a great time tonight....and I hope you survive to come and tell us all about it  

Minni - Have you done the first of today's double yet? Hope the calf is OK.

So one solitary run so far this week which is not good enough! So I'm going to hit the gym this morning and do my own "double" - will park up and do a run first, about 6-7 miles, and then do my weights session.  This afternoon I plan on watching the Les Mis DVD - never saw it in the cinema and it is not OH's cup of tea at all, but he is out all day so I can indulge myself

25/05/2013 at 11:49

have fun, carrot

Freemers: enjoy Les Mis - watched it in the cinema with my goddaughter and we both loved it. Helena Bonham-Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen are a hoot

Minni: good luck with the double

Ran 3 miles to test the quad and it seems alright. Did some strides too and I think everything is back to normal. Wet 'n windy here

25/05/2013 at 12:44

Carrot awesome p.b, well done!  Enjoy your hen do

Ant - ouch, some drivers are such idiots! Hope you are ok now!

Brol - awesome 1st place, wahoo!

Minni - hope the calf is better.

2Old - great running from you, must be good to get back into it.

Second week of no running, and knee still swollen.. going to go out tomorrow anyway, figuring  resting isn't helping the swelling so sod it!

Enjoy the bank holiday peeps

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.