RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

30,381 to 30,400 of 36,171 messages
24/05/2013 at 07:37

Ant - great running. 

carrot - bloody amazing. Well done grill. You're on fire 

minni - another run on road to recovery. 

Spoons - fantastic 5 miler. A major confidence boost. 

Simon - I absolutely take my hat off to you. You've been so dedicated With your training. 

i stepped up my cycling yesterday and managed 40 miles with one of the big 3 peaks round here. Can't face them all in 1 ride yet! And my legs were mashed when I got home yesterday. Lots more work to do yet 

minni - how's the head?

24/05/2013 at 08:25

Ant - 2 minutes is huge improvement over a year.  Well done.

The head is not good today.   Why the hell I moved onto Jack Daniels I'll never know.

24/05/2013 at 08:39

Minni - admittedly I had a stinker last year when I did that race  But still my 10K PB this time last year was 44:13, so I will take nearly a minute's improvement.

Simon - 21 hours in the saddle! Ouch. You planning on setting off or arriving in the dark - or both?

How did Bro do?

24/05/2013 at 08:54

Carrot - brilliant  Loved your report - some men just hate to be chicked .  Mind you, I had the opposite in a race recently - a guy who I'd overtaken late on came up to me and said something like "I love to see a lady come past me...I like strong women"...which was - err - slightly creepy

Ant - great result, amazing to take so much time off last year

Minni - oh dear .  JD is the work of the devil!

24/05/2013 at 08:56

Carrot / Ant - brilliant well done

24/05/2013 at 09:20

Hi everyone.

Ant- amazing improvement, congrats!

Well I'm back to square one as I am after every mara. 45min so @ slower than my half mara pace... I know I'll get it back in a few weeks but at this point in time I'm rather frustrated.

It did make it a bit better that I came first lady and have a trophy to show for it.

24/05/2013 at 09:26

Bro - Well done on 1st lady

Ant - 2min improvement is great, and close to your Pb time.

The ride starts between 11-12 am, and so with a 21hr ride I should finish about 8-9am the following morning.

24/05/2013 at 09:51

Bro - 1st lady is amazing...not many of us have ever had that (I definitely haven't). So just put the time behind you and enjoy the bling  

Simon - I can't even contemplate 1 hour on a bike let alone 21!  How many stops and rest would you have in all that?

24/05/2013 at 10:25

Arrgh. Knocked off my bike on the way in this morning.  Was quite a slow speed side swipe (someone turning right while I was braking) so I think I have escaped with just a bruised hip. Luckily the race was yesterday I was thinking!

24/05/2013 at 10:30

Morning

Some impressive stuff yesterday

Carrot-42mins-pretty damn quick and well done winning your private race with the token male

Ant-2minsfaster is excellent. Was the 3k still in your legs?You are only going to get faster

AA-40 miles is great going -soon be at Half IM distance.Isnt the race flat? Do you need those hills

Bro-1st lady Who cares about the time

Simon-another outstanding ride there in horrible conditions.You must be ready for that mega challenge now. Hope you do some running after as Im interested to see how this translates into running performanceDid you ride near Northcote Manor Near Whalley yestrday? I was having a nice lunch there whilst youu were slogging away

Minni-glad your calf is 98% there-when is its  baptism of fire?

Free-Think I will give your suggested marathon a miss..pity

O4S-another 100m ? Respect..Have fun

Swim again today and maybe a run later.

24/05/2013 at 10:33

Ant-sorry about the accident, hope the bruising is not too bad.

24/05/2013 at 11:11

2old - damn deaf and blind drivers. I was yelling at him not to turn - to no avail. Dunno about the 3K in my legs. Possibly, but they do reckon a day of recovery per mile - and that was just 2 miles. 

Bro - well done on the blingtastic bling

Simon - riding through the night. Be nice to see sunrise. There's a annual ride from London to the Suffolk coast - the Dunwich Dynamo - which is meant to be fun - but I have never done it.

24/05/2013 at 11:46

Ant - Bloody drivers, you should of rolled around on the ground holding your back, and sued him/her

2old - Yes Northcote manor is nice and posh for afternoon tea. I went up A6 to the other side of Garstang, then turned into 'The Trough', and back down thru Longridge and Goosnargh. I hope you didn't feel guilty stuffing your face, whilst I was out toiling away

Freemers - it's a large organised event, broken down into 6 stages of about 40-45miles. 3 stops just snacks and drinks, then 2 stops at mile 90 and 170 with hot food as well. Your allowed a bag which is taken to each stop for you, with extra clothes/lights/food/Paracetamol/pro plus/batteries etc. There's also mechanical and medical support along the route, and pacers, and a sweeper wagon that can pick you up and take you to the next stop or finish if your struggling. So it's quite easy really

Edited: 24/05/2013 at 11:54
24/05/2013 at 11:46

Ant - crikey . Hope no lasting damage...to the bike I mean .  Ahh Dunwich - one of my favourite places. Nice pub there

24/05/2013 at 11:58

Ant - Yes they do quite a few night rides for some reason, normally arriving in your destination as the sun comes up. I think they do a big one in London, were all the streets are closed to cyclists during the night

24/05/2013 at 12:31

Looking at the official results for the 10K race last night: out of the 385 men racing - 70 got under 40 minutes! My 43:22 got me 122 place only.

PS on the Dunwich Dynamo, I forgot to add that it was an overnight ride! So sunrise on the beach and recovery in Freemers' favourite boozer 

http://southwarkcyclists.org.uk/dunwich-dynamo-ride

Edited: 24/05/2013 at 12:32
24/05/2013 at 14:25

Carrot - well done on your 10k. That was a very quick time, and always good to negative split

Ant - 2 minutes faster than last year shows great improvement. Everything is going in the right direction and points to a good pb in the near future. I hope you are ok after this mornings accident.

Brolish - a first place is awesome. Don't be worrying about time, you were top of the podium!

Minni - glad to hear that your calf is on the mend.

24/05/2013 at 14:40

Simon - lovely area for a ride and an indulgent long lunch. No guilt here 

Ant - just shows how mad runners are- You were just relieved you'd raced last night not today. Looks like it was a qualityl bunch of runners Last night 

got the swim done so will I get a run done ?

24/05/2013 at 15:07

blimey Ant. I hope you are ok.  Idiot.  (The drive, not you).

I'm going to run tonight and see how the calf is.  I still have a bit of pain in a specific area, which feels as if it could be bone, when I move in a certain way.  ie if I put pressure on the ball of my foot I can feel it but its not massively painful.  Do you think I've got a stress fracture?  Anyone?

24/05/2013 at 16:06

Minni - I had pizza for lunch and will have steak and red wine for tea  And luckily because I am a runner I have a bag of frozen peas already at work. 

No idea about stress fractures, sorry - but aren't they caused by repetive strain - whereas you've hardly run at all recently?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.