RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

30,401 to 30,420 of 37,209 messages
25/05/2013 at 15:42

Carrot - have an awesome time tonight 

bro - well done on first place. Brilliant 

minni - hope the calf is godson today's test. 

Freemers - have fun Today. I haven't seen les MIS yet either. 

Yesterday was 5 miles and I though I was really pushing it. Ave pace 7:29. Where's my speed gone? Felt like half marathon effort too    Today I braved the lake. 1.5 km was all I could managed. It was 13.1 degrees. What's going on? Colder than ever. This tri training is killing me. I feel so tired all the time. Must be my body getting used to cycling and swimming. 

25/05/2013 at 17:08

Ant - sorry I forgot to say I hope you're ok now. 

25/05/2013 at 17:58

Carrot - long run planned for tomorrow post-hen do?

Minni - sounds like the calf strain is hanging around, mind you I think they can take quite long to recover.

Chick - best of luck on the 10K tomorrow - you may surprise yourself

Lovely 4 mile recovery in the sun this morning. Feeling pretty good despite race and bike accident. I even managed an hour's workout in the gym beforehand, so everything seems intact.

Out for my wedding anniversary dinner tonight, with a 8 miler slated for tomorrow AM followed by an afternoon of bbq and sun - if the forecast is to be believed!

25/05/2013 at 18:48

AA- well done braving that pond. I'm finding the non running stuff tiring too. Probably our bodies aren't conditioned for it and the intensity too

Ant - nice recovery From that accident . Enjoy the barbecue run combo tomorrow

Chick - good luck with the 10k

Kiwi - hope knee ffixes 

minni - hope your 2times 2 goes well

no exercise today Nor tomorrow ...time for some sun

Edited: 25/05/2013 at 18:49
26/05/2013 at 12:54

I did indeed surprise myself ...   44:11 - it's a PB . It's also what the calculators predict I would do off my recent marathon time. So yeah, it's not a brilliant time but considering the non-existent build-up I'm well happy.

2nd lady including some bling, flowers and best of all: free entry to a 15k night run on June 14 .

Ran with a group of 2 girls and 2 boys till about 5k when one girl pushed on (she won in 43:43). Managed to shake the boys (they didn't like that and were trying to stick around) and had to sprint for about 100m to get rid of the other female. Picked up a few more boys that had gone out too hard but the last 2k hurt like hell.

Ran naked so no idea about splits. I hate 10ks 

26/05/2013 at 13:04

Chick - yay well done! Just shows you that marathon training affects speed less than people sometimes think.

Just come back from my 9 mile long run and it is absolutely gorgeous out there. 33 miles for the week, 2 races this week, feeling back in the game. Shortly to spark up the BBQ. Have a great weekend y'all

26/05/2013 at 15:11

Chickadee - well done on your 10k. That's a good time and finishing 2nd lady is brilliant.

This morning I had a half marathon race. I knew there was no chance of a pb but thought it would be useful to see where I am post marathon. My race plan was to start out at 1:30 pace and see where that got me. I was going well enough until a big hill at 6.5m which really took it out of me and after the hill i never got back on pace.  I finished in 1:31:50 by my garmin. I have another half in 2 weeks time where I would hope to see some improvement.

26/05/2013 at 17:15

YES! Finished the Edinburgh marathon in 3:27:47 

My first marathon even pacing - made a huuuuge difference, no wall, no walking and a sprint (ish) finish, plus over £700 for my charity. All in all - a good day.

Big thanks to FRC for sending me some really useful race info!

26/05/2013 at 19:04

Congratulations Dale  that's a great result for a first marathon.

Col, good half time. Is that a new PB?

Some great 10ks. Carrot, I like the way you talked your time down and then went on to beat your initial goal anyway. Plus the way you finished off the men trying to hang onto you . Hope you enjoy/survive your hen night.

Ant, very promising for a PB soon given how much ahead you are of where you were last year. Hope all is okay after the accident, there are some drivers who are just idiots when it comes to bikes.

Bro, first lady . That's something to enjoy regardless of the time, although I'm sure the times will improve soon.

Chick, well done on 2nd and a PB  particularly as you weren't expecting it and you've been having problems lately.

Simon, some amazing long cycles for you. Are you into the taper now? I'm with kfc in betting that you buy that bike at the end.

Minni, I hope the runs today went okay.

A very frustating week for me with long days including travelling with work leading to very limited time for running or any training. Possibly a good thing for the knees as they were quite sore at the start of the week. Finally a chance to run today and I loved getting out there in the sun as there was enough shade to enjoy the weather without overheating. I'm very slow at the moment, but things seem to gradually be heading in the right direction.

26/05/2013 at 20:51

Haha chick us girls all hate 10ks but you must be thrilled with a Pb?!  Well done.

col - very impressive HM time and definitely something to build on.  It'll be good to see what you do in two weeks. Well done. 

Glad to see its all coming on becs.  mr Minni has started training for the Olympic run - I think he'll be looking around the hour mark.  

No running yesterday it today as the calf is sore again. Stuck to alcohol instead. Mood hasn't been good today. 

Edited: 26/05/2013 at 20:51
26/05/2013 at 21:00

Chick, great p.b + bling!

Minni, boo re the calf

Onto wine bottle nmbr 3 of the weekend, had to switch allegiance as ran out of wine + the off licence only stocks Australian Sauv blanc..... 

26/05/2013 at 21:36

Becs - Glad its heading in the right direction for you. Yes the bike's great.

Dale - Great first marathon.

Col - Great half.

Chick - Well done on second lady

Minni - Sorry to hear your calf is still playing up, yes just get pissed.

Edited: 26/05/2013 at 21:51
26/05/2013 at 22:10

Popping in briefly.  Found some sun and swam a hot 1.8 k.Lots of Rioja too

minni- see a professional asASAP!!!!

chick - a very good naked 10 k . Have to try it myself. Looks like you've fixed your post   marathon niggles

27/05/2013 at 00:13

Just popping in - I'm 24 hours plus into a 36 hour stint of cleaning showers, carrying bags and generally making myself useful. Nice to see other people suffering on the 100 when I have already completed it. 

Minni: this time Pam's PB was not alcohol fueled!

will catch up when I get home

27/05/2013 at 09:56

Chick - Brilliant, where did that come from,  thought you were struggling with your running.  Congrats on the PB and 2nd place.

Col -  Very decent time for your HM , is the next one a quicker course?

Dale - Congrats on the sub 3:30. PB?

Minni - Rubbish news, join the pissed off club.

27/05/2013 at 10:22

(((Minni))) - time for xrays to rule out stress fracture?

Col: excellent HM time

Dale: congrats on a great marathon

Becs: things seem to be looking up for you - slowly but surely.

27/05/2013 at 15:32

So after yesterday's glorious sunshine, we're back to normal b/hol weather, wet and windy. Just a quick 34m ride today, most of it dry, but chucked it down at the end. 

Anyone racing on the b/hol?

27/05/2013 at 16:03

no BH here, Si   stuck at work intead

27/05/2013 at 16:16

Chick - Don't worry your not missing anything as its crap weather. I expect the guys in your office were all talking about the all German euro final at Wembley at the w/end?

27/05/2013 at 16:43

Blazing sunshine down here in London  

Minni fingers crossed for some sort of resolution.

Killer workout for me tomorrow from this 10k program so just doing an easy run this evening. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.