RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

30,401 to 30,420 of 36,985 messages
24/05/2013 at 17:18

Hope you're OK Ant

24/05/2013 at 17:58

O4S: sorry to hear about BA's cataract surgery. That's rotten timing but I guess you have to grab the opportunity and get the op done or else it's another long wait.

AA: nice 600s. I keep asking myself the same question - how did I run 7:50s for an entire marathon when 9mm feels almost impossible right now ... and let's better not talk about speedwork

2old: great news from the physio. Enjoy the build up

spoons: nice trendy 5 miler and well done to your GF for proper chicking you

BarryB: that's good news then, isn't it? If they can't find anything wrong with the xray things must be alright I hope.

Carrot: brilliant 10k ! I wish I could be anywhere near that! And you got a negative split too - EXCELLENT

Bro: well done on 1st lady . Don't despair if you didn't get the time you wanted. It's pretty normal after a marathon. I'm exactly the same and I know it's a rubbish feeling but unfortunatly we seem to be those that take months rather than weeks to recover . Onwards and upwards. TBH, if I can get around in 45ish on Sunday I'd be having a good day. I'm thinking more 46 or 47 mins given the precious little running that I've done. I feel like my fitness has completely disappeared .

Ant: another great 10k for the thread . You guys put me to shame. Glad you are still in one piece after the incident !

Simon: great riding - you really knock those 100 milers out on a daily basis it seems!

Minni: hope it's not a stress fracture ! Shouldn't fractures hurt when you are running?

24/05/2013 at 19:15

Minni- hmmm. ...think you'd be better getting a professional opinion. I think it's improved recently because the swelling  inflammation has gone down but left the damaged area more identifiable .

managed a run- just over 8 miles in a little over an hour. Very windy too. Heel not 100% but despite a couple of miles at near 7.15 pace it isn't break down. So that's 40 miles of running this month. ....mega mileage eh?

24/05/2013 at 20:03

Excellent trio of 10k's:

Ant -  Good racing and shows you are coming in to  good form.

Carrot - Congrats on the PB. Very well raced.

Brol - Congrats on the first place, not the time you wanted but a win is a win.

Minni - They've delayed the restructure at my work til the middle of June, so no change for me yet and making the most of it getting some OT in this weekend.  Take care with your calf/shin I know when I ran on mine the pain would disappear after about 3 miles but come back with avengeance the following day.

2old - Good news but don't push too hard too soon, that's 40 miles more than me.

Simon -  Impressive cycling in naff conditions, many taking part in the main event?

24/05/2013 at 20:59

Barry - There were upto 500 slots available, but I don't know what the uptake was, maybe a few hundred, shit I could be the only mad/crazy person doing it.

24/05/2013 at 21:06

Ant hope you're OK after this morning, some drivers shouldn't be on the road. That's a fantastic 10K improvement since last year, bring on the next 10K in two weeks!Congratulations on the first place Bro!   Brilliant, I've never come first before  

Free sounds like he was attempting to chat you up...

How did the run tonight go Minni?

2old great 8 miler, you're getting your speed back.

Simon it sounds like it'll be an epic event to remember, I'm sure there'll be plenty of other crazy folk taking part!

My hen do is tomorrow

24/05/2013 at 21:21

Have fun tomorrow carrot. 

2old - yes I'm thinking I perhaps need to get a professional opinion.  It's definitely much better and not going into spasm but it's still a bit up and down.  I've hardly run in the past 5 weeks  and I guess I'm just like you and Barry and want answers but we all know that really rest is the only thing that will help

24/05/2013 at 21:26

Tonight's run was 4 miles and a bit less comfortable than the same on Wednesday but not enough to make me stop and again speeding up didn't make it worse, if anything  it eased - probably because my stride was a bit different. 

I think tomorrow I'll try a double of 2 x 2m and see what that brings.!

24/05/2013 at 22:12

Carot - Enjoy the strippers tomorrow night

Minni - Hope the calf behave's itself.

25/05/2013 at 09:27

Carrot - have a great time tonight....and I hope you survive to come and tell us all about it  

Minni - Have you done the first of today's double yet? Hope the calf is OK.

So one solitary run so far this week which is not good enough! So I'm going to hit the gym this morning and do my own "double" - will park up and do a run first, about 6-7 miles, and then do my weights session.  This afternoon I plan on watching the Les Mis DVD - never saw it in the cinema and it is not OH's cup of tea at all, but he is out all day so I can indulge myself

25/05/2013 at 11:49

have fun, carrot

Freemers: enjoy Les Mis - watched it in the cinema with my goddaughter and we both loved it. Helena Bonham-Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen are a hoot

Minni: good luck with the double

Ran 3 miles to test the quad and it seems alright. Did some strides too and I think everything is back to normal. Wet 'n windy here

25/05/2013 at 12:44

Carrot awesome p.b, well done!  Enjoy your hen do

Ant - ouch, some drivers are such idiots! Hope you are ok now!

Brol - awesome 1st place, wahoo!

Minni - hope the calf is better.

2Old - great running from you, must be good to get back into it.

Second week of no running, and knee still swollen.. going to go out tomorrow anyway, figuring  resting isn't helping the swelling so sod it!

Enjoy the bank holiday peeps

25/05/2013 at 15:42

Carrot - have an awesome time tonight 

bro - well done on first place. Brilliant 

minni - hope the calf is godson today's test. 

Freemers - have fun Today. I haven't seen les MIS yet either. 

Yesterday was 5 miles and I though I was really pushing it. Ave pace 7:29. Where's my speed gone? Felt like half marathon effort too    Today I braved the lake. 1.5 km was all I could managed. It was 13.1 degrees. What's going on? Colder than ever. This tri training is killing me. I feel so tired all the time. Must be my body getting used to cycling and swimming. 

25/05/2013 at 17:08

Ant - sorry I forgot to say I hope you're ok now. 

25/05/2013 at 17:58

Carrot - long run planned for tomorrow post-hen do?

Minni - sounds like the calf strain is hanging around, mind you I think they can take quite long to recover.

Chick - best of luck on the 10K tomorrow - you may surprise yourself

Lovely 4 mile recovery in the sun this morning. Feeling pretty good despite race and bike accident. I even managed an hour's workout in the gym beforehand, so everything seems intact.

Out for my wedding anniversary dinner tonight, with a 8 miler slated for tomorrow AM followed by an afternoon of bbq and sun - if the forecast is to be believed!

25/05/2013 at 18:48

AA- well done braving that pond. I'm finding the non running stuff tiring too. Probably our bodies aren't conditioned for it and the intensity too

Ant - nice recovery From that accident . Enjoy the barbecue run combo tomorrow

Chick - good luck with the 10k

Kiwi - hope knee ffixes 

minni - hope your 2times 2 goes well

no exercise today Nor tomorrow ...time for some sun

Edited: 25/05/2013 at 18:49
26/05/2013 at 12:54

I did indeed surprise myself ...   44:11 - it's a PB . It's also what the calculators predict I would do off my recent marathon time. So yeah, it's not a brilliant time but considering the non-existent build-up I'm well happy.

2nd lady including some bling, flowers and best of all: free entry to a 15k night run on June 14 .

Ran with a group of 2 girls and 2 boys till about 5k when one girl pushed on (she won in 43:43). Managed to shake the boys (they didn't like that and were trying to stick around) and had to sprint for about 100m to get rid of the other female. Picked up a few more boys that had gone out too hard but the last 2k hurt like hell.

Ran naked so no idea about splits. I hate 10ks 

26/05/2013 at 13:04

Chick - yay well done! Just shows you that marathon training affects speed less than people sometimes think.

Just come back from my 9 mile long run and it is absolutely gorgeous out there. 33 miles for the week, 2 races this week, feeling back in the game. Shortly to spark up the BBQ. Have a great weekend y'all

26/05/2013 at 15:11

Chickadee - well done on your 10k. That's a good time and finishing 2nd lady is brilliant.

This morning I had a half marathon race. I knew there was no chance of a pb but thought it would be useful to see where I am post marathon. My race plan was to start out at 1:30 pace and see where that got me. I was going well enough until a big hill at 6.5m which really took it out of me and after the hill i never got back on pace.  I finished in 1:31:50 by my garmin. I have another half in 2 weeks time where I would hope to see some improvement.

26/05/2013 at 17:15

YES! Finished the Edinburgh marathon in 3:27:47 

My first marathon even pacing - made a huuuuge difference, no wall, no walking and a sprint (ish) finish, plus over £700 for my charity. All in all - a good day.

Big thanks to FRC for sending me some really useful race info!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.