RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

31,181 to 31,200 of 36,101 messages
17/07/2013 at 13:20

Chick - No P&D for me. Making my own plan up at the mo, one tempo run a week, one midweek run 13 or just over and ramping up the long one at the weekend, with insanity on the days inbetween. Working OK at the mo but the true test will come in September.

17/07/2013 at 13:45

Barry, MIUAYGA served me very well for London so stick with it!  I think that when coming back from injury it is a very sensible strategy as you are completely in control and can listen to your body.  I know you can jig a training plan around, but I think this way gives you more mental freedom as you don't get as obsessed about slavishly following a schedule or feeling guilty if you change things.  Now that my calf injury from last year is well and truly better, I'm going to give P+D a try for my next campaign - assuming my post-London hip niggle is OK.  I'm just falling apart !!

17/07/2013 at 14:36

2old/Becsa - I see Paula Radcliffe is going to be stalking us on Sunday. 

17/07/2013 at 17:08

Minni - running out on the coast and lunch at the Ship sounds perfect! The hills don't at least for running!  Plus our OH's can meet us there too (with the dogs!) - so I don't get into too much trouble for abandoning him on holiday.  I'll text you my dates.  BTW - I need to get friendly with my local running shop....oh, and if you ever get any gear you don't want, you know where to pass it onto...

17/07/2013 at 17:10

Hey everyone

Struggling a bit to keep up at the moment, new job is keeping me busy. On the train now from a conference in Birmingham so will try to catch up.

Minni- whoop whoop, sponsored athlete, get in!

SSheep- sounds like you're back in the game, glad to hear the hip is behaving. Some other impressive killer sessions as always.

Barry- glad to hear your training for Berlin is in full swing. 

2Old, Becks and Minni- good luck on Sunday, better you than me, it's going to be baking. Anyone else doing it?

AA- great running and swimming from you, good luck with the 50 miler.

17/07/2013 at 17:15

With TdF on and also Thunder Run team next week, have also thought of Shaggy Cricket tomorrow too..

Minni, is the Olympic 5miler with you all being stalked on televsion? Sponsored athlete thing sounds fun, is there a thread discount?. Sensible decision on the autumn marathon too.

Carrot Nice 17m.

AA nice swim/ run. open water must've been lovely.

O4S championship entry! nice. How is BA? not had any mentions recently.

Barry, you're training well at moment.. insanity and own plan definitely working.

Speed Sheep, Getting some guns eh! yep, we do those spider press ups. nasty.

Ant, Is everyone doing a tri at the moment? Ultra, didn't use camelbak, just refilled 2 bottles from cp2 to cp7 and drank a few cups at each, guess 6 litres some with electrolyte I reckon in the 9 hours. Have drunk 3-4 litres a day since though.

Weird. Legs are in really good nick.. Actually better than that. Went to club last night, planned a slow shuffle recovery run, did the group Pyramid session instead

Took the first 5 efforts careful maybe 80% stayed to middle of 30 runners, but felt fine so pushed on, maybe 90%, so not flat out, but went past most people even some fasties. Not entirely sure how I did that so soon after ultra, Trail running I know has less impact but good for improving efficiency/ breathing/ oxygen usage too?

Edited: 17/07/2013 at 17:17
17/07/2013 at 17:33

FRC- great ultra running and sounds like you you're fully recovered. Look forward to some TR fun next weekend.

Ant- good luck tonight, hope its not too hot for you!

O4S- my VLM entry also said championship...  No idea why.

17/07/2013 at 17:40

My running has been ok. No speed to speak of just yet but then in this weather I'm happy not to be slowing down too much. Did another 10k last Sunday (hot hot hot) in 45:30, finishing 7th lady and even got a trophy so didn't really complain

Easy double today. 30min am done and another 30min planned for tonight. The next 10k on 3rd August.

17/07/2013 at 18:23

BA is fine (thanks for asking). We are both slightly scarred from the kayak experience, but we should have expected it.  Advised to have person who could multi task in the back seat paddling and doing the rudder, while patient person was to take the front seat - you can probably see where this is going

Because of the difference in height I insisted that BA (a man who struggles to single task never mind multi task) sat in the back, while I, with an Olympic gold medal in impatience, sat in the front.  All I am prepared to say is that it wasn't pretty 

Cycling to and from work but not much exercise otherwise except sorting out the garden after being away. Supposed to be doing a 10k mob match on Friday but forecast is 28 degrees so will Wait and see

17/07/2013 at 20:20

Blimey it's hot today. Not sleeping at all.  I managed 34 miles in 2:02 today. (Bike!) Flat route. With a couple of beers and a pub lunch half way 

o4s - when's your real holiday?

bro - great time for a 10k in this heat. 

SS - good to see you're coming back well. 

Edited: 17/07/2013 at 20:22
17/07/2013 at 21:24

AA: we leave on 10th August, but really need to do some serious hill training first - not an attractive option in this weather 

17/07/2013 at 21:55

Minni you need to remind me on to enter Coastal next year, I'd like to give it a go Loving the sponsorship and the research study, how exciting!  Free running kit!  And a VO2 max test!

Red I think it's hotter down your way than it is up here, I think the week running on holiday helped too as that was seriously hot.  I didn't say that I wasn't bright red on Sunday though

Barry I've just been using water in the camelbac but I have a load of electrolyte tablets so might chuck one in on Sunday before the next long run.  I find that the first few long runs of training do stay in my legs a few days, I wouldn't be worrying about the tempo.  Tempo runs are good if they're pain free.

Hope the 9K went well tonight Ant.

Great stuff on the Champs start O4S! Get those windows open!

Good work getting some 400s in early morning Chick, I like 400s

All those spin and circuits classes will have you strong as an ox SS, keep it up! Glad to hear the running is coming back.

Hope work improves Free, and you get some time to run.  No time to run when work is manic really does suck

Can't miss out on a pyramid session FRC, ultra or no ultra!

Well done on the bling Bro! Sounds like you're enjoying the new job?

AA stop fretting about the HIM, you're going to do great. 

5K tonight done in 20:37 (tbc), nowhere near a PB but a good training run I guess. 

17/07/2013 at 22:05

I'm back! I was pleased with last month's 3-mile club run in 20:04 as it was better than I'd expected. Tonight's 3-mile club run on a very hot, humid night and a hilly route (for a Norfolk boy anyway!) was completed in...19:08 Absolutely delighted, really feel the hard work is paying off now and I'm getting back towards where I was before the injury.

Had a quick read back and there's been some great efforts in the heat. Decent 10ks in the conditions Ant and Bro, a great 10-miler Spoons, a good 5k from Red and FRC - an ultra in this weather?! Madness! Well done everyone and to Shildon and Minni on your coast run - great time Shildon and Minni, you'll be back to your best in no time. 

17/07/2013 at 22:10

Some excellent cycling too from Simon and AA (sounds like your training is going great!). I did a nice 30-miler on Monday evening - much nicer cycling than running in this weather. 

O4S, envious of your trip. The wildlife sounds amazing!

Kiwi, good luck with your comeback and hope to see you at the Trotters soon!

Good luck to the Olympic park runners and any other racers this weekend.

17/07/2013 at 22:23

Daren - brilliant to hear you're getting back to your former glory and falling in love with running again. I knew you'd come back!

carrot - still very speedy. Yes I will remind you when the Coastal opens. Are you going to do BM in January? 

AA - I agree you're going to do great in the tri. 

Plan was 8m tonight with 5 @ mp. Went for a two mile walk with dog and kids then 1m warm up and 5 @ 7:25, 7:41, 7:23, 7:25, 7.19. I left it as late as possible and although it wasn't really hot i would have struggled to go much faster.  Sunday will be very interesting....   I could do with losing about 4lb between now and then. 

17/07/2013 at 22:38

That's great Daren well done

FRC - speedy recovery!

I did Wroxham 5km tonight in 21:45. Happy with that as it was scorchio and my training has been lacking of late. 

17/07/2013 at 23:02

result spoons! You're on you way back too. Fantastic. 

18/07/2013 at 08:09

Morning!

Wow, some seriously speedy running there spoons, carrot and Daren

Bro: great stuff on 7th lady & bling - 45:30 is a good time in the heat

Minni: haha, with you on the weight loss

11 and a bit miles done this morning - it was hot and humid and I sweated like a pig. Not priddy , av. pace 7:59 and it felt like hard, hard work

18/07/2013 at 08:52

Managed to get myself out to run at 6.30am today after a night sleeping on the tiled floor of the bathroom - the coolest place I could find! Was able to keep in the shade for almost the full 45 minutes and felt surprisingly good, probably because I haven't done much for 3 weeks. I lost 3lbs in weight on holiday despite unlimited free food being available so might try a few shorter races if it ever cools down.

Daren: impressive return, nice to have you back

Minni: is it 'Gear for Girls' that are sponsoring you? If so could you ask them to stop sending advertising e-mails every day 

Spoons: don't know how you do it in this heat, but congrats

18/07/2013 at 09:51

Top 5k running Carrot and Spoons

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.