RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

31,201 to 31,220 of 36,984 messages
18/07/2013 at 11:13

Hello all!  All this talk of the Thunder Run on here and on MT is getting me all nostalgic.  It also reminded me that I've never used my Adidas trail shoes   Not really much call for them out here.  Must use them when I'm in the UK in Sept.

Bro, nice one on the bling front!!  I hope the job is working out well and you're managing to balance it with your training.

FRC, I'm really sorry, I must have missed your ultra   Many apologies.  I hope you had a good one.  Sounds like you are recovering well though so good on you.  I thought of you this morning as I did some more spider press-ups.  Do you reckon they are harder/better for you than TRX with a crunch?  What about doing them on the TRX?  I'm always looking for ways to challenge my S+C

AA, that sounds like my kind of bike ride   Which pub did you go to?

Carrot, nice 5K!  Are you back into the swing of things after your wedding/honeymoon?  Sounds like you had a lovely time, that's great

Hi Darren!  Lovely 3 miler there, nice and speedy.

Minni, nice session.  Don't forget, even if it's not hot when you actually run, you've spent all day in the heat which is draining in itself so that can have an impact.  That's also a positive you can take with you into the race on Sunday, i.e. it may be hot when you run but at least you've not spent all day wilting in the heat before you race.  Any wilting can be done later on with shades on and a beer in hand celebrating

Spoons, awesome racing, well done!!

Chick, well done for a solid 11+ miles.  Nice work.

O4S, loving your kayaking description!  What an adventure.  Glad you had a nice shaded run this morning.

I'm loving my training at the moment.  I'm working really hard, but varying everything which is keeping me motivated.  I've managed a full week of sessions at 6:30am and then something in the evening too.  I think also that training for max 45 mins per session (apart from circuits and extreme spin class at the weekend) is keeping me from getting tired.  I've been really surprised how energised I feel and it's definitely helping me to shift the post-marathon cider-fuelled poundage   Last session of the week for me tonight, spin, and then rest day tomorrow which includes a nice meal out with OH which may well have to be accompanied by some fine wine...  Bring it on!!!

I also worked out my marathon schedule today.  I start training the week beginning Sunday 22nd Sept (don't forget my weeks are a day out over here) which is the second week of our holiday.  So my first P+D long run is Sat 28th Septwhich means, Bro, I will have worked up a good appetite for our breakfast when we get together.  Bring on those breakfast martinis

18/07/2013 at 14:18

Minni / Sheldon - well done on the coastal race

Ant - that's a good 10k time. More to come in cooler conditions

FRC - great ultra running and a super fast recovery with the pyramid session

Redwood - that's a very good time in your 5k

Carrot - nice 17m run, and an excellent 5k time too

Minni - well done on both the research opportunity and the sponsorship. Both will make very interesting reading.

Simon -  the tdf has been amazing this year. I think today's stage could be very interesting.

AA - good bike sessions from you. I have managed to get out on the bike twice in the last week, although only about 15 miles.

O4S - welcome back from your holiday

Brolish - that's a good time for the 10k, and well done on the trophy

DarrenF - that's very good progress over the month. You are getting back into shape

Spoons - nice 5k

Speed Sheep - you are making excellent progress.

18/07/2013 at 15:37

So 9K done last night in baking conditions again. And with loads of hills! Suffice to say I was drenched at the end of it. Happy with my 40:42 time - done in 25 degrees and only 3 days after a 10K - and actually 20 seconds faster than last year. Good season from the club - we finished second, just behind St Albans - who have a stack of fast runners.

Daren - that is some improvement in only a few weeks. Smoking!

O4S - your holidays always sound eventful!

Bro - more bling! Not bad at all. 

FRC - they do say that off-road running is best - I heard that Salazar doesn't let his athletes train on tarmac. 

Speed Sheep - extreme spin?! I shudder to think what that is

18/07/2013 at 16:13

Hi all. Another brief visit - limited access again . Minni sorry won't make Olympuc run - gutted! Done a couple of beach runs but not ready to risk running on concrete. Have a great one . Miss 2O is in but wonder if shell drop out. 

Carry on the fine running gang 

18/07/2013 at 18:58

Daren - Welcome back and a great 5k time.

Col - Yes TdF should be good tonight, just about to watch it.

2old- All the top athletes go to warmer climes to recover, enjoy your beach running.

Ant - Nice 9k

Spoons/Carot/Redwood - Great 5k's

SS- Sounds like your're well back into things,  and ready for P&D

18/07/2013 at 20:44

Well done to all of you who have raced in this weather, let alone run anything like a half decent time.

Minni, congrats on the sponsorship. I'm in the green wave on Sunday. I think you'll be pissed by the time I finish as well, legs feeling very heavy in this heat.

Simon, Col, I've got today's highlights recorded to watch later this evening, but I've heard it's a good one. The tour so far this year has been cracking! Come on Froome!

18/07/2013 at 22:00

I'll enter Brass Monkey Minni, the weather gods will decide if I will run it It's hard in the heat, don't fret about the run last night.  It wasn't long ago you couldn't run at all.  Good luck for Sunday, you might just surprise yourself

Well done on the 5K last night Spoons, do you hate 5K as much as I do?  Give me long distance any day.

SS you are probably finding it hilarious how we are all going on about how hot it is over here!  Yes back into the swing of things after the wedding and honeymoon chaos, but have we're going to a festival next weekend so that will mean a bit of missed training.  You must be doing something right if you're not tired off doubles every day.  Enjoy the meal and wine with your OH

DD is probably running in long sleeves and running tights...

Second placed club, well done Ant! Sounds like it was a tough race, but you're getting quicker. 

Good luck for Sunday Becs, you might also surprise yourself. 

Sorry to hear you can't race 2old but a sensible decision with the bigger picture in mind.

Just over 11 miles from me tonight, didn't feel to hot until I got home and inside!  Then it was like the sweat had been switched on full blast   Oh and I was covered in flies.  But the run went fine.

Anyone got any other races planned this weekend?

18/07/2013 at 23:25

Darren - well done. Sounds like you're well back to speed now. 

Spoons - great 5k

well done minni those mp splits look spot on. 

SS - like the sound of your training. You'll be flying when back marathon training. 

Chick/carrot - great runs in the heat. 

Well I bunked off my intervals this morning. Too hot and too tired. But managed a 1.5k lake swim tonight. 27 degrees in the water!! No wetsuit. And its so hard without one. I was miles slower and i am slow anyway!

19/07/2013 at 06:30

Didn't do too well with my run yesterday.  

Swimming training this evening before a long run tomorrow.

Minni I could never swim very well & started proper swimming lessons last year - I  train with the triathletes which is good as its pushed me.

19/07/2013 at 09:16

Ant: great 9k run in the heat

nice 11 miler, carrot  ugh, yeah, flies . They substitute brekkie most mornings - there's just too many about and I seem to swallow a good few on each run

27 degrees water temp, AA? Is this a heated lake ? Our lake has about 19 or 20 but it's very deep and will probably not get any warmer than that. Went for swims last night and the night before. Well, if you can call girly breaststroke for 30 mins swimming ...

Pinklady: wow, swimming with the pros sounds great. They'd kick me out of the pool

8 miles with 3 x 1 mile reps @ 10k pace. Legs knackered today . Going for a day trip on the bike tomorrow, legs need a break from running.

Best of luck at the Olympic thingie Becs and Minni  
shame 2old that you will miss it

19/07/2013 at 09:31

Another early morning 5 mile trot for me.  I reckon that if I can just do that every day while the heat lasts I'll get back to proper training after the cycling trip [possibly!]

Love the flies Carrot - sounds like me after a day on the bike wearing Factor 50 suncream.  Kamikaze flies dive in and die!!!!  I went into a shop on one occasion with dead flies plastered all over my face [BA had seen them but didn't think to mention it]. The shop assistant took one look and turned a nasty shade of green - it was only when I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the window after leaving that I realised she wasn't just hungover

AA  27 degrees sounds like my sort of swimming.

We have to do some hill training on the bikes this weekend - looks like a very early start.

19/07/2013 at 12:13

Nice 10 miler for me last night - first 5 around 8:30 pace, 2nd 5 around 8:00 pace. Off to latitude festival in 2 hours

19/07/2013 at 14:43

Brick session for me today. 41.4 miles on bike with 2000ft ascent. Dumped bike. Out trainers on and managed 3.2 miles in 27 minutes in 30 degrees. Killer. Legs mashed. Deffo gonna need to draw on mental strength for this event. 

Spoons - enjoy the festival. Nice 10 miler. 

2old - shame about the Olympic run. 

Becs and minni - you'll love it. Advice... Enjoy every second and dont worry about the time. 

O4S - have a great cycling weekend. Love love love hills

19/07/2013 at 15:45

Nice brick AA!

Great 9k in the heat Ant.

Enjoy Latitude Spoons - looks like a decent lineup this year.

Did a slow 1h 50min run yesterday afternoon on tired legs. Even though it mostly in the woods, it was still very hot and humid and not particularly enjoyable!

20/07/2013 at 10:38

Daren - Very pacy 3 miler.

Minni - Good MP effort, good luck for tomorrow.

Chick -  Nice 11 miles, got to allow for the heat.

Carrot/Spoons - Well done on the 5K's

SS - You're putting in some very good/varied training, keep it up and you be very well prepared to start the mara campaign.  Agree about the training plans, I have in the past done runs,when I should n't have due to injury/tiredness, just because the plan said so. 

Ant -  Nice 9K effort and congrats on the club result.

Becs - Good luck for tomorrow.

AA - Don't be too hard on yourself, that was a very good bike/run effort in the heat.

Pinklady -  Yeah Thursday's run was not good, but today's was much better, well done.

22 miles for me this morning, out by half six so not too hot, gel at 14 and 18, done in 2hr 54 at 7:55 avg so very happy with that.  Now on with the decorating before watching the tour, which has been amazing this year.

20/07/2013 at 15:40

Minni & Becs - Good Luck tomorrow & enjoy!

AA - Your training is going well & like my hubby says don't be too hard on yourself, as it's been exceptionally hot!

Swimming last night followed by long run for me this morning - 9 miles and really pleased that I managed it after a rubbish run on Thursday! Bit cooler as well & my coach was happy

In London tomorrow to see the Cirque Du Soleil!

20/07/2013 at 19:16

Thanks for the good luck wishes. Looking forward to it now, particularly now it's a bit cooler here today.

AA you're doing so well just to get the training done in this heat. You're going to do great when it cools down and you get a chance to get some rest in the taper.

Barry, well done on getting such a long run done in the heat.

20/07/2013 at 21:24

Kudos to all you guys training in this heat!!

Minni and Becs - good luck for tomorrow and enjoy, beat the atmosphere will be awesome!

21/07/2013 at 09:39

best of luck to our Olympians today

got up early to do my scheduled 16 with 10 @ MP. Boy, that was tough

managed 7:45ish splits but it was hard work. hot already at 5am. rewarded myself with a dip in the lake after and now chilling on the sun lounger

21/07/2013 at 09:58

Morning all!  I hope all Olympic runners have a blast today   Can't wait to hear how it went.

Ant, sounds like a great 9k, well raced especially so soon after your 10k effort.  Extreme spin is a one hour session instead of 45 mins.  I enjoy them!

Carrot, yep, I'm chuckling away over here in 45 degrees of heat at you all   No, I of all people really do know what it's like so I don't envy you at all.  I'm sticking with the TM for now so well done to everyone for getting out there and tackling the heat.  I had a lovely meal/wine with OH thanks.  More on that later...

AA, that's some hot lake!!  I hope you weren't too fried after that!  Nice brick session too.

Pinklady, don't worry about having a bad run, just can it and move on to the next.  Easier said than done, I know that, but hopefully your next one will be fab   And I've just read on and lo, it was!  Brilliant effort.

Chick, nice mile reps, and even nicer early 16.  That's great to do MP stuff that early in the day.  Enjoy your recovery

Spoons, enjoy Latitude

Barry, scorching 22 miler, great work sir!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.