RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

31,201 to 31,220 of 37,584 messages
19/07/2013 at 14:43

Brick session for me today. 41.4 miles on bike with 2000ft ascent. Dumped bike. Out trainers on and managed 3.2 miles in 27 minutes in 30 degrees. Killer. Legs mashed. Deffo gonna need to draw on mental strength for this event. 

Spoons - enjoy the festival. Nice 10 miler. 

2old - shame about the Olympic run. 

Becs and minni - you'll love it. Advice... Enjoy every second and dont worry about the time. 

O4S - have a great cycling weekend. Love love love hills

19/07/2013 at 15:45

Nice brick AA!

Great 9k in the heat Ant.

Enjoy Latitude Spoons - looks like a decent lineup this year.

Did a slow 1h 50min run yesterday afternoon on tired legs. Even though it mostly in the woods, it was still very hot and humid and not particularly enjoyable!

20/07/2013 at 10:38

Daren - Very pacy 3 miler.

Minni - Good MP effort, good luck for tomorrow.

Chick -  Nice 11 miles, got to allow for the heat.

Carrot/Spoons - Well done on the 5K's

SS - You're putting in some very good/varied training, keep it up and you be very well prepared to start the mara campaign.  Agree about the training plans, I have in the past done runs,when I should n't have due to injury/tiredness, just because the plan said so. 

Ant -  Nice 9K effort and congrats on the club result.

Becs - Good luck for tomorrow.

AA - Don't be too hard on yourself, that was a very good bike/run effort in the heat.

Pinklady -  Yeah Thursday's run was not good, but today's was much better, well done.

22 miles for me this morning, out by half six so not too hot, gel at 14 and 18, done in 2hr 54 at 7:55 avg so very happy with that.  Now on with the decorating before watching the tour, which has been amazing this year.

20/07/2013 at 15:40

Minni & Becs - Good Luck tomorrow & enjoy!

AA - Your training is going well & like my hubby says don't be too hard on yourself, as it's been exceptionally hot!

Swimming last night followed by long run for me this morning - 9 miles and really pleased that I managed it after a rubbish run on Thursday! Bit cooler as well & my coach was happy

In London tomorrow to see the Cirque Du Soleil!

20/07/2013 at 19:16

Thanks for the good luck wishes. Looking forward to it now, particularly now it's a bit cooler here today.

AA you're doing so well just to get the training done in this heat. You're going to do great when it cools down and you get a chance to get some rest in the taper.

Barry, well done on getting such a long run done in the heat.

20/07/2013 at 21:24

Kudos to all you guys training in this heat!!

Minni and Becs - good luck for tomorrow and enjoy, beat the atmosphere will be awesome!

21/07/2013 at 09:39

best of luck to our Olympians today

got up early to do my scheduled 16 with 10 @ MP. Boy, that was tough

managed 7:45ish splits but it was hard work. hot already at 5am. rewarded myself with a dip in the lake after and now chilling on the sun lounger

21/07/2013 at 09:58

Morning all!  I hope all Olympic runners have a blast today   Can't wait to hear how it went.

Ant, sounds like a great 9k, well raced especially so soon after your 10k effort.  Extreme spin is a one hour session instead of 45 mins.  I enjoy them!

Carrot, yep, I'm chuckling away over here in 45 degrees of heat at you all   No, I of all people really do know what it's like so I don't envy you at all.  I'm sticking with the TM for now so well done to everyone for getting out there and tackling the heat.  I had a lovely meal/wine with OH thanks.  More on that later...

AA, that's some hot lake!!  I hope you weren't too fried after that!  Nice brick session too.

Pinklady, don't worry about having a bad run, just can it and move on to the next.  Easier said than done, I know that, but hopefully your next one will be fab   And I've just read on and lo, it was!  Brilliant effort.

Chick, nice mile reps, and even nicer early 16.  That's great to do MP stuff that early in the day.  Enjoy your recovery

Spoons, enjoy Latitude

Barry, scorching 22 miler, great work sir!!

21/07/2013 at 10:04

So my training took a bit of a back seat this weekend.  I was supposed to do an extreme spin class and an hour long run on the TM on Saturday.  I did anticipate being hungover after my meal out with OH on Friday night, but I didn't anticipate being engaged   I GOT BLING

21/07/2013 at 11:10

Yay SS, a big congratulations to you, exciting times ahead!!

Awesome run Chick, any running in this heat is hard work, so well done on the m.p splits.

Mr Kiwi was up early to go into London for a skyride, starting at stratford so that would be interesting, him fighting his way thru the crowds of runners with his bike! anyway I felt inspired by the thread Olympians + got out for a very slow 5 miles, knees ok, got 6 weeks hols to build up slow miles

21/07/2013 at 11:31

congrats speed sheep

trendy 5 there, kiwi

21/07/2013 at 13:19

Hi all,

some nice running going on in the heat still. It has finally cooled down up north with cloud the last few days.

Barry nice long runs you're piling them in at the moment. Sorry I mistook the 20 for a 10. They're easy to mix up.

Minni hope the Olympic run went well. Congratulations on the sponsorship.

Carrot nice long run and 5k still quick in this heat. I noticed there were a few sub 15s at Sunderland. And another good crook turnout.

Ant nice back to back 10k and 9k in fast times.

FRC 42 miles in this weather very well done

Redwood nice 5k.

Chick and Daren nice long runs

Well done also to anyone I have missed off. So much to read through when you don't log on for a week.

This week has been a struggle for 2 reasons a high sickness rate at work caused by good weather I am presuming which means I have to work more hours and no speedwork or hills done due to the heat and humidity so I have done two 12 milers and a 16 miler on Saturday in better cooler conditions. The 12 on Wednesday was an out and back and at 7 miles I wished I had done a loop as I could of cut it short as it felt horrible but I continued home. Stepping up the miles a bit more from this week with two double days planned.

Happy running everyone.

21/07/2013 at 16:20

Congratulations SS. nothing like a bit of bling to start the weekend!

Kiwi - I hope Mr Kiwi made it. 

Had a great time today. It wasn't a run to go fast - AA don't know if it was the same last year - it was very crowded, narrow and twisty.  I started about 3/4 way down the red and there were hundreds of slow (some fat) people walking or jogging.  Very few places to get any place to move forward.  

It's a shame a lot of the park seems to be getting pulled apart but the stadium was amazing. We did a lap in an internal tunnel with speakers blasting out commentary of the games and the cheering crowds then Chariots of Fire before entering the stadium. The noise was deafening ... The crowds were on their  feet... I could taste gold..... Ok slight exaggeration but it was still an amazing feeling. My kids had seats on the finishing straight so saw me coming in. Finish time 37.xx   

Although it hadn't felt too hot when running when I finished I started to pour with sweat. It was literally running off my face and body - I have never experienced that before, ever. So I guess it was more humid than it felt.   

I joined the kids and we waited for Mr Minni to come in and all saw him finish in 53.xx, which is nothing short of a miracle! 

21/07/2013 at 20:10

Congrats SS .

Today was great . There were lots of magical moments such as running past Sir Chris Hoy at the start, a spine tingling cheer coming from the stadium as we went past early on in our race (I think due to the first person finishing), the chariots of fire music starting up just as I got underneath the stadium, and finishing on that track. Quite a lot of the park did seem to be a building site - I think that is where the temporary structures were so hopefully they will landscape those areas so the park becomes as beautiful as it was when the games were on.

I did around 37 mins 22 according to my watch, which is a long way off my fastest but better than I was expecting. I'm happy with that and it was just so good to be racing again. Last race was Chicago marathon back in last October and I've been battling the injuries since then so haven't done much mileage and most of that's been slow.

I was also quite caught up with slow runners and walkers, particularly in the first mile, and probably used a bit too much energy surging to get round people. After that it wasn't too bad even though I was overtaking a lot more people than were overtaking me. I saw lots of unfit people on the tube who were in the red (fastest) wave, so I think there were quite a few who perhaps didn't train enough to have a realistic idea about their finishing time.

Congrats Minni, and Mr Minni as well!

21/07/2013 at 20:59

SS - Well done on the bling

Minni/Becsa - Well done on your Olympic run, and to Mr Minni

Chick - Nice early lsr

Kiwi - I hope Mr Kiwi didn't mow too many runners over today 

Edited: 21/07/2013 at 21:01
21/07/2013 at 21:18

Congratulations SS, how / where did he pop the question? What lovely news   I take it the spin session and treadmill miles were binned?

Sounds like a tough brick session AA! You've already got the mental strength.

Hope you're enjoying Latitude Spoons

That's a good 22M in the bank Barry.

10M is a big chunk to be doing at MP now Chick, no wonder it felt tough. 

5M pain free is good news Kiwi, enjoy the summer break.

There were some seriously fast runners there on Wednesday Shildon. You've been getting some good long runs in, did you make a decision on NY?

Well done Minni (and Mr Minni) events like that are more about the experience than going flat out. I've been getting that 'who turned the sweat glands on?' thing when I get back from a run too. 

You sound like you really enjoyed today too Becs, well done on your time! It's good that you feel that you can race again pain free. 

20M easy from me this morning, 15 of those done with a friend which was great.  I do the vast majority of my runs alone, especially the long runs, and was surprised by how quickly the miles just disappeared.  She's doing the new York marathon (not the New York marathon) the same date as Amsterdam so we'll get a good few long rns done together

22/07/2013 at 06:51

Minni/Becsa - well done on your Olympic run yesterday

Thank you for your comments Speed Sheep my run Sat was much better than I anticipated & many congrats on the Bling

Barry(OH) Great long run from you, your doing really well. I'm proud of you! I've bunked off running this AM as tired from a busy day in London yesterday.

Planned run after work today

22/07/2013 at 07:39

Glad you enjoyed yesterday Becs. That's a great time and I'm sure it will give your confidence a boost. 

Carrot - its nice to share the long runs with someone and especially great that your marathons are at the same time. Are you doing anything different with your training this time?

I agree with PL it's great to see Barry doing long runs again. I think we're all proud of Barry working through his injuries and coming out the other side. 

I'm feeling a little fragile today... Met brolish for a delicious Thai meal and way too much fine wine.  We ended up hammered! 

Edited: 22/07/2013 at 07:49
22/07/2013 at 08:28

Great running at the Olympic park Minni and Becs, specially given all the slow fatties you had to weave around .  Hopet he hangover isn't too bad minni!

Some brilliant long runs - chick / carrot / daren / shildon / barry.   A bitcooler over the weekend, which always helps.  Fantastic mileage from you all.

After last week when I only ran 3 days and not very far at all, I was determined to get a good long run in yesterday. Originally planning on 13, but I took a slightly different route and ended up with 15, quite undulating as well. Lovely morning for it - nice breeze and overcast, even a little drizzle at first. Average pace was 8.15.

22/07/2013 at 08:50

Olympic Park run sounds great, Becs and Minni . 37ish sounds great given the crowded conditions. Shame they are tearing the place apart. I hope some of the more interesting things remain. Stratford is a depressing place (used to change trains there) and I thought the whole Olympic thing did wonders for the area and the community.

Shildon: nice mileage.

carrot: up to 20 already, wow! Know what you mean about running in company. Time passes so much quicker when you are able to chat away

Pinklady: hope your run goes well tonight and it's not too hot. We have another 30 degree plus week lined up.

Have decided to take it a bit easier this week. I picked up a number of niggles, notably one in my left calf which is beginning to bother me. Whenever I get up and take a step it feels like it wants to cramp. This has been going on for a week now. It also feels slightly sore when I run - I can run on it but it's not 100% and I'm now scared it could turn into a full-blown injury. Done lots of speedier stuff lately and blame that. Hopefully I can nip this in the bud

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.