RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

31,221 to 31,240 of 37,584 messages
22/07/2013 at 10:21

Olympic run sounds like fun

Latitude was great although I think I've drunk enough beer for the next few months

Need to get back into some proper training really....

22/07/2013 at 12:35

Morning all,

What luxury logging on during a weekday, can only be holidays!

Sounds like the Olympic park runners had fun, well done to Mr Minni too.

Barry great to see you bashing out great long runs, gives us other injured parties hope You have made a remarkable recovery!

Up to 20 mile runs already Carrot, that is impressive. Will be nice to have someone to share your training with from time to time, I usually do all my marathon training by myself, can get lonely at times on those long runs!

Hope your niggles settle down Chick.

Minni - not at all surprised that you and Brolish got hammered - sounds like Spoons drunk enough beer to join you on that one

Mr Kiwi loved his skyride yesterday, he did say it was choatic meeting up at Straford station with so many runners everywhere, lol! The skyride organisers hadn't realised the run was on. Anyway, he is now a lobster, as being a typical man he didn't think he'd need sunscreen!

Time for the sunlounger, meant to get to 33 degrees here today

22/07/2013 at 13:10

Daren nice to see you back and speedy.

Barry, 22 miles in this heat, insanity is clearly working for you and injury free.  

Ant - Trail running & Mo - see below. trail or mega expensive treadie for Mo. http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/apr/19/camp-mo-farah-london-marathon  

chic, 16, 10@MP this early on, look tasty. Have this week as kickback by sounds of it.   col, 12+16 great running, tough, but will be worth it.

Minni/ becsa/ Mr Minni , nice Olympic runs. no comment on Brol being a bad influence with booze.  

Speed Sheep, nice bling ! Congrats.

Ultra was only last Saturday, tiny mention page 1558. Report still to post. TRX Atomic press up is the better than spider press up but I will look at my log to see if any better or to vary. Inverted row with 10-20kg plate on your chest perhaps, or crunch/ situp with same weight held above you. Well you asked!

Recovery weirdness continues.. following Tue pyramid session 3 days after ultra... Wed S&C session with coach and Thu tempo run both pretty much as normal.   Circuit Saturday, Sunday yesterday had a running workshop with local super fasty Jonny Mellor.. (29 min @ 10k, has run with Mo and beaten the Brownlees. He might make Commonwealth games and has just run a sub 4 min mile - very fast!).

Second speed session of week, 8 x 2 min efforts with a certain cat in the lead, won the orienteering exercise (okay, treasure hunt + questions) then a very tough circuit. Seem to be flying at moment and feel great. Thunder Run this weekend!

Edited: 22/07/2013 at 13:11
22/07/2013 at 20:11

I'm very embarassed. There was a BIG typo in my race report as my time should have said 47 mins 22 NOT 37 mins. . I spotted it this morning but couldn't get my smartphone to post to correct it . Very sorry everyone for misleading you with my bad typing.

Despite the 2 mins a mile slower time I'm still happy with it. It's around the best I was expecting given the training. I'm not going to get PBs unless I can run consistently without breaking down all the time, and this feels like a small tentative step towards that.

22/07/2013 at 20:15

Hey all. This thread has disappeared from the main page! But luckily I got hold of a linky from AA. Ta. I wonder whether we need to take issues into our own hands and start another thread. I guess time will tell.

Anyway was in Buxton over the weekend and only managed to get a pass to do some mountain biking. 30 miles around the derbyshire dales with over 1000m of ascent - including a few 20% climbs. 

Nice and cool over the weekend up in Buxton. Back to baking conditions in London today though. Went out for a 5 miler at 5pm at it was reading around 33 degrees. Mental.

SS - congrats

FRC - sounds like you're well on fire! Best of luck for the Thunder run.

22/07/2013 at 21:33

I can get the thread on my iPad but not on the PC

cycling this weekend, 1x20 miles and 2x65 miles, hills, hills and more hills! BA is in a strop and claims I am attempting to wear him away (he guessed correct). Tried to run this morning but could only manage flat - legs refused to contemplate any incline.

Glad you both enjoyed the run in London - I'm looking forward to being back in the stadium on Friday.

Barry: great news on the long run

Pinklady: sorry, belated welcome to the madhouse

SS: another one bites the dust!!   

Spoons: nothing wrong with banking some extra beer, you never know when there might be a shortage.

The rain is getting very close to us, looking at the radar.........

22/07/2013 at 22:40

They can take our thread but they'll never take our bookmarks!!!

Minni I'll be doing a bit more mileage, plus a few more harder runs including some HMP tempo runs (I thought I'd escaped those by ditching P&D)

Are you still doing that castles marathon Free? Good long run at the weekend, that's a decent pace.

You've had a few hard weeks of training Chick, with fast LT sessions, long MP sessions, you're probably due an easy one.  Hot date with the foam roller!

Spoons if you can't drink beer like it's going out of fashion at a festival, where can you?

Hope you remembered the sun cream today Kiwi!

Good luck for Thunder Run this weekend FRC (and Bro is running too isn't she?) - going off the forecast, Thunder Run is very apt.

O4S great to hear you're still hammering the miles both on wheels and foot.

Trendy 5M from me this morning.  Nowhere near as warm as it was for Ant's though!

22/07/2013 at 23:21

FRC - Have you tried, I think they call them diamond press-ups. Hands very close together, with forefinger and thumbs touching, making a diamond shape, they target the chest a bit more.  Do as many as you can, then revert your hands back to normal and continue to failure, no pain no gain

Kiwi - Only 6weeks off, life's a beach.

Hot, humid, hazzy evening, but still no thunderstorm, so took a bumbag to carry some water. 7m @8.59 pace, slow and shit. But the goods news is, longest run since.........mid Dec12, and still no PF pain. Hopefully my cycling endurance will carry over to my running.  

Edited: 22/07/2013 at 23:29
23/07/2013 at 07:11

I emailed RW yesterday about the thread but had no reply as yet.... 

We're still in London athe last night on our way back to the hotel the kids asked if we could go past the Palace.  We arrived there about half an hours before the announcement of the baby came through.  Mr Minni and I were trying to pretend we weren't there and twice refused to be interviewed for the TV! The press were everywhere. Anyway the kids loved it and it was kinda cool to think that's where we were when the future king was born but we'll never publicly announce that - I'm only sharing it here because there's only a select few can see it!!! 

23/07/2013 at 08:02
Carrot wrote (see)

Are you still doing that castles marathon Free? Good long run at the weekend, that's a decent pace.

No - I'm really struggling with finding time for a proper marathon schedule at the moment - in the middle of a big project at work that is sucking a lot of my time during the week, so quite often my plan for a run has been going out the window, or I have to cut it short to 30 minutes or so.  Not really the best base for marathon training!

Minni - I was thinking last night how silly people were crowding round the notice at the palace about the royal baby....and then you tell us one of them was you

23/07/2013 at 08:17

We didn't see the notice - the kids tried to and we just stood back looking rather uncomfortable!!! 

23/07/2013 at 08:50

Inevitable overload with the baby coverage on the news today - earlier this morning they were debating about whether she would be breastfeeding or not

23/07/2013 at 11:39

oh dear - have they nothing else to write  ?

Freemers: hope your work settles - so annoying when it gets in the way but needs must.

Becs: don't worry about time - the best news is that you were able to run pain-free. Hope this is the start to a consistent build-up for you. You are certainly due one!

Simon: nice one - 9mm ain't so bad, considering the heat.

I thought it was just me that had problems with the site    glad I bookmarked it

23/07/2013 at 12:15

What's the problem with the site then? I only use bookmarks....

Last night was a very slow/warm 12 miles off road.

Much cooler today and raining too!

23/07/2013 at 14:09

My bookmark won't work on my PC only on my iPad. Spent a substantial amount of the 'wee small hours' watching a very spectacular thunderstorm that seemed to linger overhead for ages.  Net result was no run this morning as i snatched an extra few minutes of zzzzs.  Must try to get out tonight 

23/07/2013 at 17:46

Ooo - I can find it easily now on t'pc by just clicking on the followed threads link in the forum menu thingy.

No running for me today as I was pulled to a meeting in Slough today. Bah

Simon - good to hear the foot is holding up. Fingers crossed the PF nightmare is over. Did you work out why it happened last time so that it doesn't happen again?

23/07/2013 at 21:01

Chickadeee - abandoned last nights run after a mile as it was too hot!

Minni - Thanks for agreeing with me but I guess I'm biased as I'm Barry's OH & shared his pain! Good that he is out the other side & looking to have a great run in Berlin! I've promised that I will be there to meet him at the finish & not lose my way like I did in Florence!

Old4speed - thanks for the welcome

Quick 4 mile run for me this morning, I carried on despite the thunder, lightening & heavy rain!  I was chuffed with the completion time  

23/07/2013 at 22:28

so what's happening with the thread?

My phone link seems to be working still.

Brol, Scuba Trooper and myself are running tr24

Edited: 23/07/2013 at 22:29
23/07/2013 at 22:29

Ant - Unfortuantely, No. Initially it was from heel striking too much, but when it came back last year after I'd changed to forefoot running, I was a bit perplexed. I think I did too much in too minimalist shoes too early

Edited: 23/07/2013 at 22:39
24/07/2013 at 07:13

A mate of mine who is a sports therapist says that the minimalist shoe trend has done wonders for his business....

Last night was 9 miles at 8:15 pace with 10x100 in the middle.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.