RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

32,001 to 32,020 of 36,090 messages
13/09/2013 at 11:12

O4S- plenty of sleep should sort out that virus. Cant see any ultras in your list-whats going on?

13/09/2013 at 11:32

O4S - I'd say rest is required but probably wasting my breath. Are you doing Swindon HM this year, I'm tempted but only 2 weeks after Berlin so might have to wimp out and do the 5 miler.

13/09/2013 at 12:52

2old: 50 mile event in October and the a couple of 30s before Christmas - ultra training proper starts in January along with marathon training!

Barry: just entered yesterday, it's a week before the 50 mile run, which is OK, but I think I will give Stroud a miss as it is the week after 

13/09/2013 at 13:12

Hi guys - been awol all week as have felt knackered for a few days and now just feel generally shit with a banging headache and dizziness.

O4S - welcome home and well survived.

ST - awesome stuff. Congratulations

DD/chick - great news on Boston

Minni - hows the calf?

Simon - rubbish news about the collar bone. Little bstards.

Barry - rest and ice. Don't push it.

2old- great long run, but don't push it if your Achilles is playing up. Not fair, hey.

13/09/2013 at 16:11

O4S - you need some rest!!!

AA - sounds like the HIM wiped you out....so you need some rest too!!

2old - great long run

kfc - blimey girl that is one very fast mile! I don't think I could get close to 6 minutes let alone under

Just a trendy 5 for me today.

Good luck to the GNR'ers on Sunday

It's our 10th wedding anniversary today....just wondering if it is too early for a celebratory glass of red?

Edited: 13/09/2013 at 16:12
13/09/2013 at 16:52

Freemers / Barry etc: what is this thing called rest? Or is it what BA does for a living and has turned into an art form? 

Free: it is 5.30 somewhere! 

Just booking accommodation for VLM - don't know whether it is one or two of us, but thought it best to get in before the ballot results are out.

weather forecast for Sunday seems to be getting worse 

13/09/2013 at 17:51

old4speed - Congrats at entering our local HM. I usually help at one of the water stations but this year I'm planning to run the 5 miler - not with Barry as i'm sure he will be ahead of me!

Free - Congratulations & enjoy your anniversary

AA - I'm not surprised your knackered after all that! Plenty of rest for you. As for Barry he's being sensible thank god with Berlin so close. YKW will be a deterrent for him not to run tomorrow as we are taking the dog!

Minni - good luck with GNR - hope your calf is a little better

Quick run for me this morning - i'm guessing 3 miles as my Garmin wouldn't set the location so ran without it! Swimming training for me this evening.

Good luck to anyone else running this weekend!

13/09/2013 at 18:05

Pinklady: I have done Swindon for the last few years, tough course but very well organised. The hills suit me and I managed some bling (Swindon blue glass?) the last 2 years. Nearer the time I'll get your numbers and keep an eye out - although I managed to miss Barry and the dog at the one mile point last year

13/09/2013 at 18:32

Scuba - nice one  Talk about a return to fitness....

Good luck for Tuesday Simon, at least they can get you in quickly.  And you'll be all recovered in time for the dark nights   Make it up to your OH when you're recovered, take her out then.  Nothing like extended birthday celebrations!

Sounds like the start is a bit more organised Barry. I'm guessing you'll do 3:09   You don't need another long run, it's too close.  Get that calf recovered.

kfc - wow, speedy mile! Was that on the track? Sounds painful.

You make Grizzly sound like fun O4S! Hope you feel better by Sunday.  You've got plenty planned anyway if you decide to not race.

Knackered, shit, dizzy and headache AA but no mention of the PF.... how is it?

Hope you're on the wine now Free, congratulations on the anniversary!

Enjoy parkrun tomorrow Pinklady. Nice to run without the garmin sometimes

I have loads of volunteers for my parkrun tomorrow (funnily enough, being GNR on Sunday) so I'm going to have my first official run around the course.  Like Ant and 2old have seen, the weather looks atrocious for Sunday - wet and windy - so it's pointless saving my legs. 

13/09/2013 at 20:20

Sorry, sorry, sorry.  Had a very busy week and not much time to catch up.

Good news is I've tested the calf tonight and all is well so look forward to lining up with Carrot (well not quite because she's down in cattle class and I'm up front with Mo)* on Sunday.

Barry - How's the niggle?

AA - a virus or do you think down to the HIM?  How's the foot?

O4S - glad to have you back!

Freemers - happy anniversary.  Looking forward to seeing you next weekend.

* I think I can say this because I have a feeling she'll be finishing before me on Sunday. 

Edited: 13/09/2013 at 20:22
13/09/2013 at 20:29

hi guys,

just a quick check in to say good luck to this weekend's racers! hoping to watch the gnr on tv, go smash those pbs!!  

13/09/2013 at 21:10

Old4speed - My daughter's school usually run the water station nr Bradbury & that is where I have been for the past couple of years! Hat's off to you as I'm not as brave as you to tackle the HM as don't feel ready yet so the 5 miler will do me fine. Will look for a nice flat HM to run in the new year as I will be more than ready by then!

Yes will pass on our numbers to you beforehand & try to arrange a meet up before the start.

Good news Minni on your Calf & all the best to you & Carrot for Sunday - will look out for you on the TV!

14/09/2013 at 08:26

Best of luck tomorrow at GNR!

Me - I'll be running a 10.7 mile leg of the Round Norfolk Relay at 5am.

14/09/2013 at 08:30

best of luck for Sunday minni and carrot

AA: Rest up, you deserve a break

Dubai Dave    pirate
14/09/2013 at 10:07

Not feeling great so day off.

Go Carrot & Minni.

14/09/2013 at 10:22

Just checking in after YKW. Pleased to report I achieved a PB & a respectable Garmin time of 28.42 - ran my first 8mm! Really happy with that!  Barry supported with the dog.

14/09/2013 at 11:39

Achilles !!!! Rest for me too 

14/09/2013 at 12:25

Best of luck for tomorrow Minni and Carrot. Sounds like it's going to be a lovely day for it!

Enjoy the early start and the relay Spoons!

Just catching up... congratulations AA - you did it and an awesome effort, especially given the injury problems. Great stuff DD too as ever and Scuba, wow, what a comeback so soon after your stroke and a very speedy marathon to finish with.

Simon, that is rubbish news about the shoulder

Well done on the Parkrun PB Pinklady

YKW for me too this morning. There's a few within a half-hour from me now, so plumped for Ilford. It obviously doesn't attract the same calibre of runner as the Norwich one as I finished 5th - Garmin time was 19:30 which was ok, although hoped to be a bit quicker and would like to be low-19s by the time my 10k comes around, so going to try to squeeze in a couple more YKWs before then to sharpen up.

Still haven't moved house yet btw. Hoping something might happen next week, but I'm so fed up with hopes being raised and then being let down that I can't be bothered to think about it any more!

14/09/2013 at 13:13

Hi all,

busy week so have not had time to read back will do tomorrow. Just to wish good luck to all racers tomorrow and great north runners. Hopefully the predicted wind will be at your backs for some fast times.

14/09/2013 at 17:00

Minni and Carrot- don't be shit! Will look out for you on the telly.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.