RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

32,001 to 32,020 of 37,230 messages
14/09/2013 at 08:26

Best of luck tomorrow at GNR!

Me - I'll be running a 10.7 mile leg of the Round Norfolk Relay at 5am.

14/09/2013 at 08:30

best of luck for Sunday minni and carrot

AA: Rest up, you deserve a break

Dubai Dave    pirate
14/09/2013 at 10:07

Not feeling great so day off.

Go Carrot & Minni.

14/09/2013 at 10:22

Just checking in after YKW. Pleased to report I achieved a PB & a respectable Garmin time of 28.42 - ran my first 8mm! Really happy with that!  Barry supported with the dog.

14/09/2013 at 11:39

Achilles !!!! Rest for me too 

14/09/2013 at 12:25

Best of luck for tomorrow Minni and Carrot. Sounds like it's going to be a lovely day for it!

Enjoy the early start and the relay Spoons!

Just catching up... congratulations AA - you did it and an awesome effort, especially given the injury problems. Great stuff DD too as ever and Scuba, wow, what a comeback so soon after your stroke and a very speedy marathon to finish with.

Simon, that is rubbish news about the shoulder

Well done on the Parkrun PB Pinklady

YKW for me too this morning. There's a few within a half-hour from me now, so plumped for Ilford. It obviously doesn't attract the same calibre of runner as the Norwich one as I finished 5th - Garmin time was 19:30 which was ok, although hoped to be a bit quicker and would like to be low-19s by the time my 10k comes around, so going to try to squeeze in a couple more YKWs before then to sharpen up.

Still haven't moved house yet btw. Hoping something might happen next week, but I'm so fed up with hopes being raised and then being let down that I can't be bothered to think about it any more!

14/09/2013 at 13:13

Hi all,

busy week so have not had time to read back will do tomorrow. Just to wish good luck to all racers tomorrow and great north runners. Hopefully the predicted wind will be at your backs for some fast times.

14/09/2013 at 17:00

Minni and Carrot- don't be shit! Will look out for you on the telly.

14/09/2013 at 17:26

Quick check in to wish all racers and GNR'ers good luck for tomorrow. Look forward to watching it on t'box... Don't be shit! 

Knee however is still shit so don't want to talk about it! 

Go Team Minni

14/09/2013 at 17:27

Am I correct in thinking there are 5 class runners in the GNR tomorrow ? Mo,Haile, Bekele, Minni and Carrot? have a great one !!!

14/09/2013 at 17:32

Ant - do you all swim separately, then the same with the bike and run?  I've done one like that before and its a great race format - you can really hammer each leg cos you get loads of rest in between.  Nice to race in a team too.

Good to see your mojo back DD

AA - no wonder - you've a lot to recover from!

Freemers - yeah you could, its amazing how much faster you can push compared to a 1600 rep.  

Carrot - its a measured flat loop in the park - easier to manage with 70 racers than on a track I guess.  Hurt like my old sport rowing used to, tasting blood by the end.  Its so long since I've raced that intensity - I've forgotten how much i enjoy it  

Great improvement pink lady!

Still not bad Daren, getting back in the YKW habit should find you a few more seconds.

Easy 6 planned for later, and a hilly trail half race for me on the south downs tomorrow, so Carrot and Minni will have to make sure they make it into the GNR highlights show.  Spoons - enjoy the early start!

14/09/2013 at 18:00

good luck to minni and carrot. The plaits v the ponytail?! Will be watching on telly. 

Pink and Daren well done in the ykws!

DD, 2old - another day if rest for me too.

Still got headache and dizzy. PF isn't good but I'm resting it now for a good few weeks. 

14/09/2013 at 18:40

great ykw pinklady and daren

good luck tomorrow kfc.

carrot and Minni - enjoy running with the slebs

Oh dear oomps

14/09/2013 at 19:32

Tried a 3 mile trot today to see how I felt   Not ready to do a HM tomorrow that's for sure, but reckon it is worth plodding round in about 2 hours to collect the rather nice technical shirt.........

Decided not only to bin the garmin but also my watch and just get round, trying to beat the rain.........

Good luck everyone else!  Bear in mind I plan on being shit on  behalf of the whole forum so no need for anyone else to do the same.

14/09/2013 at 19:50

Minni - Calf feels OK, but it felt OK before I ran on it Thursday so going to give a couple of more days no running, think it will be a matter of  just ticking over  before Berlin to get there niggle free. Good luck for tomorrow - have a good one.

Carrot - 3:09 would be wonderful, but I'm aware of how many times I have blown up in the last 3 after setting off too quick, probably aim for 1:35 at halfway. Good luck for tomorrow - hope the weather is on your side.

Daren - Good YKW time(same as mine from last week) know what you mean about getting a quicker 5K to get a sub 40 10K, but I went sub 40 for 10K a few years ago off a 19:35 5K time so it is doable

kfc - Good luck for your hilly one

O4S - Enjoy being shit tomorrow.

Supported Pinklady at the Parkrun this morning, well done, felt a bit jealous watching all the runners but bigger picture and all that.

14/09/2013 at 20:48

Well done on the new PB Pinklady! Your coach must know his stuff

Nice running from you too Daren.  House moves are the worst.

2old it's ridiculous, all this fuss and publicity over Mo, Haile and Bekele.  They seem to have all but forgot about Minni and me!

Enjoy the rest AA, hope you're not coming down with something.

Hope the half goes well tomorrow kfc. I'm still not tempted to do a mile time trial!

O4S you are anything but shit.  Have fun tomorrow running garmin free!

The ponytail is going to end up very wet tomorrow....

15/09/2013 at 12:58

The suspense is killing me... How did they do???

15/09/2013 at 13:33

well, Bekeke won in 1:00:09

15/09/2013 at 13:57

Sorry to let the side down - I was only moderately shit after all

Report to follow but without either Garmin or watch to give actual time I reckon 1.47.xx and actually 2 minutes faster than last year ( admittedly on that occasion I was running with three sets of stitches just 3 days after the operations). BA managed 1.54.xx and was pleased to get under 2 hours so soon after the cycle trip

Will check back in later with full details

15/09/2013 at 14:21

O4S - Fantastic result for you and BA after all that cycling.????

Chick - I was screaming at Mo to catch him but in the end he was a bit shit!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.