RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

32,041 to 32,060 of 37,355 messages
15/09/2013 at 21:26

Minni/Carot - Well done with your Pb's at GNR, in what looked like pretty crappy weather, or did you have a tailwind all the way? 

KFC/O4S/BA/Red - great racing too, with some bling.

Still just twiddling my thumbs waiting for the op on Tuesday, and trying to avoid eating too much.

Edited: 15/09/2013 at 21:35
15/09/2013 at 21:43

Carrot: Wow, just Wow!!

Minni: great PB, that sub 1.30 is just around the corner

KFC: sounds like an interesting course, congrats on the bling - did it go up Firle Beacon?

Redders: good run, would you recommend Cheltenham half? 3 local HMs on today - how daft is that?

15/09/2013 at 22:26

O4S - yep, big loop from firle place round to alfriston, up onto the ridge, to the beacon and back down again to the big hoose.  Stunning route.

Carrot - fab report, so happy for you.  You've been closing in on that for a while, great to see you get it in style.

16/09/2013 at 06:10

Carrot - brilliant report & what a fantastic time - congratulations & to Parsnip too.

Redwood - congratulations to you also

Simon62w - Good luck for the op tomorrow

16/09/2013 at 08:25

Brilliant racing yesterday and Saturday

Daren / pinklady - great YKW's.  Pinklady - you will be taking big chunks off that time if you keep at it! And Daren - I love the way you sound a bit disappointed with 19.30!!

kfc - great racing - excellent time on that course, and brilliant to get the podium spot

O4S - What can I say?! Amazing result

Carrot - blimmin fantastic effort. So pleased you got the sub 90, and for Parsnip's sub 80

Minni - brilliant from you too - fantastic new PB, and getting closer to the 90.  And I saw you on the telly!! Jonathan Edwards was doing an interview with Mo, Bekele and Heile, and they were standing shortly after the finish, so all the finishers were walking through in the background.  Right at the end of the interview there you were!!  I looked at the time so knew you must have had a good race

14.5 miles for me yesterday, with the final 3 in 7.30's just for the hell of it .  I'm on a course for three days this week, so will be confined to the hotel treadmill....just hope it's a decent one. 

16/09/2013 at 09:04

great Reports there carrot and O4S

redders, still a respektable time.

guys, i have bad news 

day 1 of by Boston campaign finds me flat on my back, unable to move. hopefully just Lumbago but it could be a slipped disc. Got some painkillers and an injection and hope for the best.

anyone on here any experience with back problems?

16/09/2013 at 10:55

Wow what a great weekend of racing again. 

Carrot - sub 90 - wicked. I am sort of hoping to do that in November. You must be really well set up for Amsterdam now - what is your target?

Minni - nice one on the PB, how is the calf holding up? Did you have a chat with Mo at the start?

O4S - nice one, cycling up the pyrenees on a steel bike with panniers must have have done some good

Red - how odd going round the racecourse, no fences I presume - did you feel equine at that point!

kfc - yes that is exactly how the tri relay will work. Should be a laugh - we have something like eight teams from my club - so a bit of competition at work there

chick - sorry to hear about your back, but better now than closer to Boston at least

I kept up the other end of the Team Minni equation this weekend by going out and getting completedly caned on Friday and Saturday nights. Sill managed to fit in a 10 miler, some cycling intervals and a swim tho. Sensible week this week though in advance more racing.

Edited: 16/09/2013 at 10:56
16/09/2013 at 11:08

Red-nice HM after all youve been through and by no means an easy course

Free- good solid run

Simon-hope all goes well tomorrow.;  Im in Southport Hospital seeing my physio then

Chick-bit of a worry about your back-some strong painkillers will help

Not run since Thursday and my right achilles has got progressively worse .Im getting fed up limping . Just not sure how to play this-total rest-light active rest-swim/bike-light active rest easy runs-try run through it-amputate? Physio will say do heel drop exercises on stairs and not much else. Dont see consultant until early Nov.Fitness disappearing ...fatness appearing

16/09/2013 at 11:32

2old - So you'll be in my hospital whilst I'm in yours lol.

Chick - Sorry to hear about your back, hope it's nothing major.

Pinklady - Nice ykw btw. Re your earlier post about tv box sets to watch. The only one I've got is 'Millenium’ which is really good, this is what it's about......The series takes place during the years leading up to 2000, and follows the investigations of ex-FBI agent Frank Black (Lance Henriksen), a law enforcement consultant with the ability to see inside the mind of criminals, working for a mysterious organization known as the Millennium Group. It's also created by Chris Carter, who also created The X files. When I've finished that, and I'm really going mad, I can watch my girlfriends box set of Audrey Hepburn films, but hopefully she will put me down before then.

Edited: 16/09/2013 at 11:36
16/09/2013 at 12:08

Brilliant weekend everyone well done.  

16/09/2013 at 12:37

2old - We can start Fat camp, for us 'bloaters' after months of inactivity.

16/09/2013 at 12:54

i may join you in fat camp 

i can't move but i can eat

and i eat loads when I'm bored & frustrated

16/09/2013 at 13:27

Chick: ((( )))  hope it is just a passing sore back. Have you done anything unusual over the weekend?

Simon/2Old: I'll volunteer to be your 'Dominatrix'   I'm still in the purple patch of being 6lbs below my normal weight 

Simon: fingers crossed for tomorrow 

Pinklady: realise I lost the post saying congrats on the YKW so belatedly here they are. Same for you Daren! 

16/09/2013 at 14:16

6lbs below normal weight

never ever happened to me. enjoy stuffing your face

i Know where my back injury came from- was avoiding a hiking related blister on my left foot, over-compensating with the right hip resulting in a lop sided pelvis which then brought on this spinal blockade on the left. they've released it but the bulging disc needs to settle back ... once it does the pain should disappear..

16/09/2013 at 14:32

O4S-now youve got me worried...

Simon/Chick/O4S-just weighed myself and am only 2lbs over the weight I was 10 days before VLM so not as bad as I thought.Just need to get back in the mood for swimming and spinning whilst I try to fix injury no2 for this year

Chick-can you explain why my right achilles kicked off almost the day the other recovered? Is it in all in my mind though my foot is a long way from my head?

Yes-Pink great result at YKW and Daren yet another fast one

16/09/2013 at 15:21

Well done to all our HM runners this weekend...brilliant PB runs Minni and sub-90 Carrot. Awesome! You must be so pleased to have broken 1:30 Carrot and Minni, it won't be long till you do too.

O4S - that's another fantastic effort from you too. I don't know how you do it.

And a good, solid run from you too Red.

Chick, hope the back isn't too serious.

16/09/2013 at 15:36

it's sod's law 2 old...  we need some of O4S' bionic-ness ... 

16/09/2013 at 17:10

Chick -  Hope it's a speedy recovery.

Simon - Good luck for the op, I remember watching Millenium first time around on the TV, really enjoyed it  but won't say too much in case you have n't finished watching it.

Carrot - Great pacing on your sub 90 HM , very well done.

Red - Good result on your HM.

2old - Rubbish news about your Achilles, I have run through Achilles problems before but that was just soreness and thickening.

Ant - A good weekend of all round training then. 

Edited: 16/09/2013 at 17:15
16/09/2013 at 17:34

Hi all,

cracking weekend for the thread well done Minni, O4s, Red, Kfc and Carrot.

Simon - hope the op goes well tomorrow.

Carrot - you and your OH are getting faster all the time. Your club training seems to be helping as there are some quality performances coming out of there weekly. One of our old members Paul Best got a top 100 finish for you as well. And not to let the side down Lordsmythe got a tv interview .

Really thought Mo was going to win it when he started coming like a train but it was not to be but what a finish.

Chick - hope the injury sorts itself out.

Dubai Dave    pirate
16/09/2013 at 18:05

Chick: its still 6 months to Boston, rest awhile you will be OK

2Old: as above, keep the faith. Sounds back luck though to get one right after the other. Mind you i once tore both calf muscles in 5 minutes! 

Cycled for 90 mins, nearly froze to death.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.