RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

32,061 to 32,080 of 36,995 messages
16/09/2013 at 11:32

2old - So you'll be in my hospital whilst I'm in yours lol.

Chick - Sorry to hear about your back, hope it's nothing major.

Pinklady - Nice ykw btw. Re your earlier post about tv box sets to watch. The only one I've got is 'Millenium’ which is really good, this is what it's about......The series takes place during the years leading up to 2000, and follows the investigations of ex-FBI agent Frank Black (Lance Henriksen), a law enforcement consultant with the ability to see inside the mind of criminals, working for a mysterious organization known as the Millennium Group. It's also created by Chris Carter, who also created The X files. When I've finished that, and I'm really going mad, I can watch my girlfriends box set of Audrey Hepburn films, but hopefully she will put me down before then.

Edited: 16/09/2013 at 11:36
16/09/2013 at 12:08

Brilliant weekend everyone well done.  

16/09/2013 at 12:37

2old - We can start Fat camp, for us 'bloaters' after months of inactivity.

16/09/2013 at 12:54

i may join you in fat camp 

i can't move but i can eat

and i eat loads when I'm bored & frustrated

16/09/2013 at 13:27

Chick: ((( )))  hope it is just a passing sore back. Have you done anything unusual over the weekend?

Simon/2Old: I'll volunteer to be your 'Dominatrix'   I'm still in the purple patch of being 6lbs below my normal weight 

Simon: fingers crossed for tomorrow 

Pinklady: realise I lost the post saying congrats on the YKW so belatedly here they are. Same for you Daren! 

16/09/2013 at 14:16

6lbs below normal weight

never ever happened to me. enjoy stuffing your face

i Know where my back injury came from- was avoiding a hiking related blister on my left foot, over-compensating with the right hip resulting in a lop sided pelvis which then brought on this spinal blockade on the left. they've released it but the bulging disc needs to settle back ... once it does the pain should disappear..

16/09/2013 at 14:32

O4S-now youve got me worried...

Simon/Chick/O4S-just weighed myself and am only 2lbs over the weight I was 10 days before VLM so not as bad as I thought.Just need to get back in the mood for swimming and spinning whilst I try to fix injury no2 for this year

Chick-can you explain why my right achilles kicked off almost the day the other recovered? Is it in all in my mind though my foot is a long way from my head?

Yes-Pink great result at YKW and Daren yet another fast one

16/09/2013 at 15:21

Well done to all our HM runners this weekend...brilliant PB runs Minni and sub-90 Carrot. Awesome! You must be so pleased to have broken 1:30 Carrot and Minni, it won't be long till you do too.

O4S - that's another fantastic effort from you too. I don't know how you do it.

And a good, solid run from you too Red.

Chick, hope the back isn't too serious.

16/09/2013 at 15:36

it's sod's law 2 old...  we need some of O4S' bionic-ness ... 

16/09/2013 at 17:10

Chick -  Hope it's a speedy recovery.

Simon - Good luck for the op, I remember watching Millenium first time around on the TV, really enjoyed it  but won't say too much in case you have n't finished watching it.

Carrot - Great pacing on your sub 90 HM , very well done.

Red - Good result on your HM.

2old - Rubbish news about your Achilles, I have run through Achilles problems before but that was just soreness and thickening.

Ant - A good weekend of all round training then. 

Edited: 16/09/2013 at 17:15
16/09/2013 at 17:34

Hi all,

cracking weekend for the thread well done Minni, O4s, Red, Kfc and Carrot.

Simon - hope the op goes well tomorrow.

Carrot - you and your OH are getting faster all the time. Your club training seems to be helping as there are some quality performances coming out of there weekly. One of our old members Paul Best got a top 100 finish for you as well. And not to let the side down Lordsmythe got a tv interview .

Really thought Mo was going to win it when he started coming like a train but it was not to be but what a finish.

Chick - hope the injury sorts itself out.

Dubai Dave    pirate
16/09/2013 at 18:05

Chick: its still 6 months to Boston, rest awhile you will be OK

2Old: as above, keep the faith. Sounds back luck though to get one right after the other. Mind you i once tore both calf muscles in 5 minutes! 

Cycled for 90 mins, nearly froze to death.

16/09/2013 at 18:40

Chick - I've no idea about backs, but I could tell you a bit about DOMS right now.  Urgh.  Hope your mobility improves rapidly.

16/09/2013 at 19:20

Excellent weekend racing folks, and GNR was also really good for us spectators - I was screaming myself hoarse for Mo at the end. I will not understand why people say athletics is boring. Carrot you're looking in ridiculously good shape for Amsterdam. And you now have a championship entry for London if you want to miss that rabble on the Green start!

16/09/2013 at 19:27

Seconded on the DOMS front - have decided not to go out with the club tonight 

16/09/2013 at 20:06

Simon - Millennium what a brilliant series. Like BB I won't give then ending away but it was a shame it finished! I think you need to invest in a new box set - Sharpe is good & of course Game of Thrones! I hope the op goes well tomorrow

2old - sorry to hear about your Achilles

Went out for a 5 miler this evening. I've had to adjust my running times as it is still dark at 6am & if I leave it later than 6.30 to go out I am against the clock to get to work via the school run. I had the wind blowing in my face most of the way but it was very refreshing!

Beginning to learn running speak as had to ask OH what DOMS was! It was the same for naked running - didn't know what that was about.

16/09/2013 at 21:13

Hope tomorrow goes well Simon, check in when you can and let us know how you're doing.

Chick I've had a back injury but that was muscular rather than anything else... it would actually hurt more if I did nothing!  Spend about 3 months at work with a hot water bottle stuffed down the back of my skirt / trousers! Have you had similar before? Of all the injuries I think hurting your back is the worst, you don't realise how much you use your back until it's hurting. 

Sounds like a good weekend Ant!  The target for Amsterdam is sub-3:15. There, I've said it!

2old you must be well and truly fed up.  The swimming and spinning really helped keep your fitness up, try to stay motivated!

Have fun claiming those 6lbs back O4S!!

Shildon I really wish I'd joined the club sooner, I've been stuck in a rut for a few years and it really has brought me on again.  Lordsmythe always manages to get a bit of publicity

Well done getting out in the wind tonight Pinklady, I must admit when I came out of work tonight I was pleased it's a rest day for me!

Weeble I'll not be doing London next year but I can use yesterdays result for 2015 championship start.  It's like the end of an era, I like the Green start!

16/09/2013 at 23:10

DD/Barry- I've run through the swelling etc of my left achilles after the intense pain in the lower heel went and it seems I'm going through the same cycle again for the right . I tried a run earlier but it was too painful to continue so I did an hour of spinning and some weights instead. 

Carrot- you're right -fed up ! I like running but  my fitness was kept up to a reasonable level by swims and spinning so its going to be more of the same. I had my eye on Amsterdam but that's gone now

O4S- DOMs well earnt!

17/09/2013 at 06:24

(((2old))) you're not having a good year with injury. 

Carrot - sub 3:15 coming up? 

Simon - hope all goes well. 

My results show 60th lady and 10th in age category at the weekend.

Will have a good read back and catch up tonight. 

17/09/2013 at 07:16

Good work Minni

So Saturday night was the Round Norfolk Relay. It's a 197 mile relay race around the perimiter of Norfolk split into 17 laps. It starts on Saturday morning and finished on Sunday morning. We got up at 2:30am and drove down for GFs start at 4:45am. She had a 7.2 mile leg. She did brilliantly and got a 10km PB as well as a 7 mile PB! The night legs must be run with a vehicle so you run in their headlights. The day legs must be run with bike support. I then drove to the next checkpoint where she passed the batton to me (and I passed the car keys to her). I started in the dark and ran through sunrise which was nice. Because of this I got a bike and a van with me. I planned to start at 8 min miling and gradually pick up the pace. I felt good the whole way and by the end (11.7 miles) I was running at 6:45 pace. A great fun event which is very stressful and tiring and difficult to organise but definitely worthwhile. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.