RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

32,101 to 32,120 of 37,203 messages
18/09/2013 at 20:06

Barry - As far as I'm aware the metal work is staying in. But appointment with surgeon on 3oct. Yes last food/drink I could have was 11pm the night before, so I was 'hank' all day.

18/09/2013 at 20:26

Simon - glad you've made it through.   Are you in pain?

Barry - the only think you're going to lose is confidence, if you allow that to happen.  Think of the enforced rest as a good thing that is making your body stronger.

2old - I think you asked about the downhill in the GNR?  It is quite steep and you definitely feel it in your quads but its not long enough to do any damage. 

My GNR position was 60th and 10th in my category!

18/09/2013 at 20:27

At least you are now on the road to recovery Simon, rather than waiting for the op. How about the 2012 Olympics DVDs - 15 hours in total and I'm sure you can pick the set up cheap by now?

Hope the pain eases soon. I come out of all my ops thinking 'that wasn't so bad' and then the pain kicks in  just before I go to bed 

DD: if BA ever finds this forum and bothers to read it, I will be an ex-wife ( which would solve the anniversary issue ).  Luckily he is too scared of the ladies he has met so far to venture further into our murky cyber-world 

18/09/2013 at 20:28

Simon - fingers crossed its all gone well for you. 

Im still out of sorts too. This injury/sick bench is rather full this week...

18/09/2013 at 20:29

O4S.. I'm not made of wood 

18/09/2013 at 20:36

Minni - Yes, pills aren't helping, so I'll bring out the big guns later 'oromorph', liquid morphine. Luckily with my OH's back problem, she is prescribed it, so fridge ready stocked with it. 

18/09/2013 at 21:55

Simon - good that the op went well - will you be able to cope with 5 weeks of Neighbours? My pins were taken out - although 1 did actually fall out & I think it was hoovered up in the house, but they never put a replacement in!

AA I'm sure you will start to feel better soon - it's good that you have had a rest though.

Carrot My coach isn't too bad

Took advantage of the afternoon off work today & went for an 8 mile run & despite the wind it went well. I have entered my first race - a 10k to see how I will get on.

I'm hoping the sports massage will help Barry tomorrow  

Edited: 18/09/2013 at 21:56
18/09/2013 at 21:56

Minni- wonder why Mo didn't go for it down that hill then....seems you did. 

Simon- you really were nobbled by those chavs. Swift recovery mate. Think O4S really wants to offer you her home videos of her mountain cycling this summer Looks like you'll have fun at airport security in the future. 

Barry - good decision...you'll nail Berlin

AA- my bit of the bench is worn out and it is looking in need of extending

O4S- I have the same fear as BA 

apart from eccentric stretches nowt training today...unlikely tomorrow too 

19/09/2013 at 06:47

Simon - glad it went OK. Time to catch up on all those movies and TV series....

19/09/2013 at 06:48

Simon - could you sit on an exercise bike?

19/09/2013 at 10:33

Spoons - Yes I could, and I thought of that too, in fact I thought of all the equipment in the gym I could use. But I need my OH to drive me to the gym, and I think she would kill me if she thought I was thinking of going to the gym in the 5wks when it's supposed to be healing. Also I'm not allowed to get it wet, so no baths or showers for 2wks, just baby wipes.

19/09/2013 at 11:26

Simon - glad the op went well, sounds brutal.  5 weeks immobility?  Urgh.  How about a turbo trainer - you can set up your own bike on it in your house.  Should be able to pick one up for about £50.

Minni - amazing placing in such a big race!

Spoons - sounds like a great event, relays are fun.  Nice to get the bike/car entourage!

Redwood - glad you had a good day - hope the hip isnt grinding anymore?

Barry - 10 days to go, its definitely taper madness!

Carrot - you are on great form for a solid sub 3.15 attempt.  Cant wait to see how it goes.  If I can hit 1.35 at my half this weekend I'm gonna be going for 3.20 at Leicester...

2old - if I remember right you've been recently doing speedy 20+ runs with niggles?  I'd say don't stress about losing fitness, give your body time to heal.  I had 6 months without any training last year, and while I came back super slowly that was more to build it up gradually and avoid injury than lack of fitness, which hadnt dropped that badly.

Anyway, move up you lot and make a bit more space on the bench for me.  I'm feeling sorry for myself in bed, full of cold.  Binned my planned 20 - I aint going anywhere today.  

19/09/2013 at 12:33

KFC - Plenty of room on the sick bench... Here's a joke to cheer you up. Grilled a chicken earlier. Complete waste of time. Still wouldn't tell me why he crossed the road..

19/09/2013 at 13:12

yeah kfc, come and join the immobile ones

glad the op went well, si. wow, they leave the metal in ?!

no news here... doc sent me for emergency MRI this morning as there is no improvement and my symptoms are not those of a herniated disc or a rupture. she's suspecting a torn sacral ligament or maybe even a sacral stress fracture

results will come this afternoon. i have a sinking feeling i may be out for quite some time

Dubai Dave    pirate
19/09/2013 at 14:23

Chick: fingers crossed

Simon: sneaky turbo purchase on the cards

2K swim this morning, club intervals tonight

19/09/2013 at 15:23

Chick - ouch, hope that is not the case!

2old - the open water venue stays open until the end of October I think! It will be all floodlit by then. Got my new wetsuit just in time for it to all shut down. Might get one of those neoprene swimhats with ear guards, socks and gloves for the cold water. Felt like an icecream headache on Tuesday when you started.

Simon - jeez, those scrotes really made a mess of you. Are they any closer to finding out who the culprits are?

kfc - surely you will smash 1:35 in the HM, your times are looking great

19/09/2013 at 16:33

Chick - I hope there's some good news for you Re your back. I'll cross everything for you, except my dodgy shoulder. You've got me thinking now that they may take my metal work out, but that would mean another op.

Ant - Sounds like you're determined to use your wetsuit before next year. No news on the scallys. Due to the serious nature of my injuries, the police have filed it as a GBH case, so now need to try and claim off Network Rail who were responsible for the roadworks.

Edited: 19/09/2013 at 16:41
19/09/2013 at 17:42

got the results - it is 'just' a prolapsed disc but I'm signed off work for another week  and god knows when I will run again

no autumn half that's for sure

19/09/2013 at 17:43

wow Simon, that's serious stuff. hope they make them cough up compensation

19/09/2013 at 19:23

Chick - What's the prognosis, rest and more rest, but at least you know what the problem is. Welcome to daytime tv club.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.