RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

32,141 to 32,160 of 36,999 messages
20/09/2013 at 13:04

O4S - Hope you recover from your wasp sting. Ba's plan with the wasp sounds simpler than my elaborate cycling accident and op organised for the day before my OH's b'day.

Dubai Dave    pirate
20/09/2013 at 13:41

O4S: BA is clearly a genius, top work

Chick: all I can say is that it could have been worse.

2Old: i have the one and only tattoo i will ever have.

kfc: hope your feeling better today

last nights club session was a lot of Fartlek & sprints, i was glad to be finished! Today was 2 hours on the bike incorporating two of the three big climbs around here, i must like pain.

off to Gran Canaria tomorrow for work, back Tuesday. Warmth!!!!!

20/09/2013 at 15:05

classy tattoo

will grow some hair on my chest and get one myself.

next step for me is a Neuro surgeon to perform injections under a CAT Scanner. they should kill the pain and convince the disc to go back to where it belongs.

i asked my doc today about running ... he said several months. no fcking way - few weeks is all i'm prepared to lay off. i have Boston to run

enjoy the sunshine DD

20/09/2013 at 17:04

(((Chick))) you poor thing. That sounds horrendous. When do you see the Neuro surgeon? 

20/09/2013 at 17:09

Chick - I hope you get your disc sorted. When's Boston ?

DD - How are you enjoying the wind and rain and hills, compared to being sandblasted in Dubai ?

20/09/2013 at 17:20

Chick- Sh!t your getting worse on each post... Sort it out please. 

DD - some big hills to hit there

Simon- wax-he he 

enjoying a bit of sun myself- well if you can't run , why not 

Dubai Dave    pirate
20/09/2013 at 17:24
Chick : you're tough, you have a plan, be positive.

Simon : I love cycling here, there are just so many places to go. Generally people drive quite well and are considerate. Down side is pot holes, cold, rain and I get distracted looking at the scenery
20/09/2013 at 17:45

Chick - ouch! did you find out whether it was a climbing related injury?

O4S - wasps! there has been a spate of stings this year. Pesky stripey buggers

Freemers - minni will have you doing 15 miles in the Cheviots!

What a faff this tri lark is - just spent nearly 2 hours converting my commuting bike into a lean mean racing machine! Wish me luck for my first venture to the dark side

20/09/2013 at 17:58

gosh, sorry to read so many are on the injury bank!

Chick - have you had your injections, hope they ease the pain!

Red - nice report about Cheltenham

Spoons great running from you + gf on your relau, sounds like a fun event!

SImon - hope your shoulder mends, 5 weeks of no activity, you need to get some good box sets to keep you entertaind.

2old - this hasn't been your year for injuries

O4S- ouch being stung on the lip by a wasp!

i am on the sick bench, got a nasty cold from all the dirty germs floating round at school, always happens after the summer hols, so zero running here this week.

Ant - good luck for your tri.

20/09/2013 at 18:25

Kiwi- this IS my year of injury!Not u on the bench too? There's not enough room 

O 4S - that was some brave wasp! Get the antihistamine in action you've got ultras to do

Ant - how did you do that to a mountain bike ?

20/09/2013 at 18:51

2old - i have a road bike and 2 mountain bikes  

20/09/2013 at 21:07

Chick - Sounds serious, make sure you recovery fully.

2old- If I don't nail Berlin I think I will have to find another hobby/obsession/addiction, well maybe until next spring.

Not sure if last night's sports massage made any difference to my calf, very tender compared to right during massage but glad I had it done.  But I am officially descending into taper madness:

Checked training log and have n't run over 10 miles since  2 Sep, and total miles for Sep is 20.

I am developing a cold which I am battling with First Defence and Vit C.

I keep checking weather for Berlin for next weekend and currently 24 degrees.

But means my legs with be fresh and I have competed 8 x 20milers(or more) during training and have already had one PB this month

Better to have the cold now than next weekend.

Can't do a lot about the weather.

Plan is to  run 5 on Sunday,  if that goes OK 10 on Tues. 

20/09/2013 at 21:21

Come on Barry. All you need is the calf to improve and you'll be tickertyboo. It's all in the bank.

Edited: 20/09/2013 at 21:21
20/09/2013 at 22:30

Barry - Nothing like giving yourself a little bit of pressure for next w/end.

20/09/2013 at 22:45

Minni - Barry will be ok he just has to stay positive! I'm sure next weekend will be better than he thinks.

Barry - stop being negative & think of the positive - I will be able to find you at the finish!  

20/09/2013 at 23:29
Ant- a bit of a collection there .., don't ask DD to list his .. Nor O4S for that matter. I I discovered that the English bike team get customised bikes made in ormskirk somewhere so having had my one and only stolen, I plan to go there if I can find them
Barry- a cold? Real taper hell. I like to do 12 the Sunday before a marathon just to convince me I can still run long. You must be like an unexplored bomb now. Don't try and run the 26.2 in the first 3 miles next week
Pink- get B to have a couple of beers - it won't do any harm and your life will be easier . When's your 10 k?
Minni- isn't it Sunday you go sub 90?;-)
Chick/DD- have you checked the Boston entrants list ? I'm on it - are you?
Beginning to wonder if I will run again
Dubai Dave    pirate
21/09/2013 at 07:22

Yes i have a collection bikes, the ideal number of bikes shall remain n+1.

yep im on the list of Boston entries.

Barry; as 2 old says drink beer 

off to the airport

21/09/2013 at 07:52

2old - no next weekend.  Which is just as well.  My calves have been a bit battered (perhaps from wearing racing shoes last weekend?  Anyone got experience of this?) and I felt a bit ill yesterday.  Off out now and hoping everything is back in order.

21/09/2013 at 10:38

2old - I think they ride Dolan bikes, whicis are made up here in the North West.  Try this link

www.dolan-bikes.com/ Build your very own Road, Track, Cyclo-Cross or TT/Triathlon bike today. ... Dolan Bikes, Unit 8, Old Boundary Way, Ormskirk, L39 2YW, United Kingdom. ‎Road - ‎Track Bikes - ‎Bikes - ‎Components

DD - I agree, you can never have too many bikes

21/09/2013 at 12:49

2old The beers are in the fridge along with the wine  It's the Cricklade 10K that I've entered at the beginning of October - there's a HM on too but I don't feel ready yet. Looking for a HM for maybe Jan or Feb time.

After a great swimming training session last night, I ran the YKW this morning naked - not literally as that would have cleared the park! I forgot my Garmin  so will have to wait for the official results. My daughter's friend finished not too far in front of me & know her time so I have a rough idea of what mine maybe.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.