RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

33,221 to 33,240 of 37,581 messages
12/11/2013 at 20:27

Nice one AA.

the weather here is cracking at the moment. Cold and bright. 

Barry and Pink - sorry for your loss.

Karl & Carter - hello boys! Yes I drop in from time to time to check what you're up to (then secretly report back to spoons  Good to see you both going strong.  

12/11/2013 at 21:44

Sorry to hear your sad news Barry and Pink

6 x 1K Col, ouch! We did 5 x 1K tonight which was hard enough.  Your marathon training sounds good, it's certainly paid off.

It's all progress AA!

Hope you survived the brutal hill session DD, these are the sessions that matter!

Is the progressive treadmill 5M the new trend?

12/11/2013 at 23:07

Hope the calf is nothing Redwood - and you have a good race Sunday.  

Fab stuff AA

5x 3mins at faster than 5k pace tonight.  Nice session.  

13/11/2013 at 09:14

great 12 mile XC Sunday, 4 mile tempo after a 1/2 mile swim Monday am then a 10k steady pm, 5 mile hill sprints session last night and a 4 mile session this morning with 20 mins sprints / 30sec rest.

Ready to go home and sleep, but a day's work to do first!

13/11/2013 at 12:14

Hi Gang,

Last night's club session was 10 minutes of hills + 12 minute tempo + 10 minutes of hills without a break

This morning was a spin class

13/11/2013 at 12:59

IJ - hard few days!!

spoons - ow!

new pb on the bike in the gym this morning. 18.4 miles in the hour. Legs felt mashed after and I didn't feel too well!  Pathetic really 

Dubai Dave    pirate
13/11/2013 at 13:41

Spoons: that has to have hurt

AA: you will be back to fitness soon enough.

IJ: you win the looney award

last nights hill session was similar to Spoons, 50 mins non stop of either up or down, at a tempo pace which meant slow up ( most of this was on Gold hill which most of you will know from the boy on the bike in the Hovis advert) and bloody quick back down on wet leaf covered cobbles!

Today the sunshine lured me out on the bike, two hours later home frozen, 30 miles done. 2000 feet of climbing.

13/11/2013 at 14:16

AA: how does the foot feel - is your treatment having any effect?

DD: that sounds a little on the brutal side, if it is the hill I am thinking of!

Lovely and sunny this morning here as well. Did my final hard session in advance of the HM, 3 miles @ PHMP and that came out at 6:53 - which was a nice confidence boost actually as I have been feeling a little undertrained, but I felt like I could have kept on going without much trouble. Just a few more 400s on Friday and then its cotton-wool time.

Hope your calf has recovered Red.

Dubai Dave    pirate
13/11/2013 at 18:05
13/11/2013 at 18:32

Ant - sounds promising. Which half is it?

DD - cobbles and wet leaves sounds like a H&S risk.....

13/11/2013 at 19:13

I win the Looney award?! wow! thanks!

no run tonight, but I did manage 90 squats and 4 minutes planking to Stairway to Heaven. Aim is to last the whole song!

13/11/2013 at 20:43

DD - that is the one I remember. Nutters!

Spoons - St Neots near Cambridge

13/11/2013 at 22:40

Barry/Pink ((( )))

Shildon- yippee first place, I only dream of running at the front of a race

Redwood- go on you know you want to sign up for a spring marathon, that's all we will be talking about soon!

Col- your Dublin training sounds very speedy. How many 20mile plus runs did you do?

Simon/ Free and anyone else who has a treadmill, what type of treadmill have you got? I'm hoping to get one for the winter months, what do you think I need to look out for? 

04S- did you take a rest day?

Carrot/ Col- hope who enjoyed your 1k reps. DD/Spoons- hill reps sound 

KFC/AA/LJ/ Ant- nice sessions from all of you. 

I think I like long runs yippeeee. I went out this morning and did just under 16miles avg 8:34 and I felt really good, hopefully it was the positive talk that I gave myself yesterday. I have been sorting out my mp again! I'm hopefully going to follow the 18/55 plan but change the long runs with a mixture from the 18/55-70 and 18/85. 

13/11/2013 at 23:16

Gaz - Sorry can't help you much, I use theTM's at my gym. So they're top of the range, technogym TM's, with paddles on the side arms for speed and incline.

14/11/2013 at 03:55

Gazza - I have an ex gym reconditioned one. Look out for a long belt and you want one that has a high top speed Because if you're doing intervals on them you don't want them maxed out. Mine goes up to 20kph but I never get near that. 

14/11/2013 at 07:06
Morning!   14th - 3.45 plank, 65 press ups, 45 squats, 28 lunges, 13 siide plank leg raises  
14/11/2013 at 07:07

AA - why don't you run at 20kph?

14/11/2013 at 07:33

Spoons - nice effort this morning. i am lucky if I run at 10kph right now 

14/11/2013 at 12:42

Nice session KFC – I haven’t done anything at 5k pace for months, let alone faster than!

Sounds like a masochistic hill session DD, the type that definitely improve you

Ant – nice final run through. Does that mean you’re going to target sub 1.30? I did something similar last night but at 7.35 pace, so am going to target a) beat mate, b) sub-1.40 or c) beat my course best which is 1.38. I’ll be happiest with A, but am hoping it won’t take C to get that result or I might be in trouble!

IJ – cracking set of sessions there, sounds like you’re on fire

Gaz – nice long run there and as you say, it is all in the mind. Can’t help on the TM front I’m afraid, as try and avoid them at all costs

Spoons – you must be able to drop a medicine ball on your stomach boxing style with the work you’re doing!

I’m off out tonight. Been invited to an awards do where I don’t know a single person and there’s a free bar. Experience would show that is a very, very dangerous combination…

Edited: 14/11/2013 at 12:43
14/11/2013 at 14:48

I don't know what make my treadmill is but its a good one.  Long and wide  Not been on it for a while since I moved it and severed the wire....

Spoons - I can't even comprehend that.

Red - be strong.

Ant - sounds like you're going to do pretty well next weekend.

Looks like I'm going to be in Oxford next weekend.  Anyone around for a parkrun...?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.