RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

33,241 to 33,260 of 36,157 messages
Dubai Dave    pirate
13/11/2013 at 18:05
13/11/2013 at 18:32

Ant - sounds promising. Which half is it?

DD - cobbles and wet leaves sounds like a H&S risk.....

13/11/2013 at 19:13

I win the Looney award?! wow! thanks!

no run tonight, but I did manage 90 squats and 4 minutes planking to Stairway to Heaven. Aim is to last the whole song!

13/11/2013 at 20:43

DD - that is the one I remember. Nutters!

Spoons - St Neots near Cambridge

13/11/2013 at 22:40

Barry/Pink ((( )))

Shildon- yippee first place, I only dream of running at the front of a race

Redwood- go on you know you want to sign up for a spring marathon, that's all we will be talking about soon!

Col- your Dublin training sounds very speedy. How many 20mile plus runs did you do?

Simon/ Free and anyone else who has a treadmill, what type of treadmill have you got? I'm hoping to get one for the winter months, what do you think I need to look out for? 

04S- did you take a rest day?

Carrot/ Col- hope who enjoyed your 1k reps. DD/Spoons- hill reps sound 

KFC/AA/LJ/ Ant- nice sessions from all of you. 

I think I like long runs yippeeee. I went out this morning and did just under 16miles avg 8:34 and I felt really good, hopefully it was the positive talk that I gave myself yesterday. I have been sorting out my mp again! I'm hopefully going to follow the 18/55 plan but change the long runs with a mixture from the 18/55-70 and 18/85. 

13/11/2013 at 23:16

Gaz - Sorry can't help you much, I use theTM's at my gym. So they're top of the range, technogym TM's, with paddles on the side arms for speed and incline.

14/11/2013 at 03:55

Gazza - I have an ex gym reconditioned one. Look out for a long belt and you want one that has a high top speed Because if you're doing intervals on them you don't want them maxed out. Mine goes up to 20kph but I never get near that. 

14/11/2013 at 07:06
Morning!   14th - 3.45 plank, 65 press ups, 45 squats, 28 lunges, 13 siide plank leg raises  
14/11/2013 at 07:07

AA - why don't you run at 20kph?

14/11/2013 at 07:33

Spoons - nice effort this morning. i am lucky if I run at 10kph right now 

14/11/2013 at 12:42

Nice session KFC – I haven’t done anything at 5k pace for months, let alone faster than!

Sounds like a masochistic hill session DD, the type that definitely improve you

Ant – nice final run through. Does that mean you’re going to target sub 1.30? I did something similar last night but at 7.35 pace, so am going to target a) beat mate, b) sub-1.40 or c) beat my course best which is 1.38. I’ll be happiest with A, but am hoping it won’t take C to get that result or I might be in trouble!

IJ – cracking set of sessions there, sounds like you’re on fire

Gaz – nice long run there and as you say, it is all in the mind. Can’t help on the TM front I’m afraid, as try and avoid them at all costs

Spoons – you must be able to drop a medicine ball on your stomach boxing style with the work you’re doing!

I’m off out tonight. Been invited to an awards do where I don’t know a single person and there’s a free bar. Experience would show that is a very, very dangerous combination…

Edited: 14/11/2013 at 12:43
14/11/2013 at 14:48

I don't know what make my treadmill is but its a good one.  Long and wide  Not been on it for a while since I moved it and severed the wire....

Spoons - I can't even comprehend that.

Red - be strong.

Ant - sounds like you're going to do pretty well next weekend.

Looks like I'm going to be in Oxford next weekend.  Anyone around for a parkrun...?

14/11/2013 at 15:08

Hi all,

Red - I trained for last years London with a 3 month old and it was not easy. Good luck with the half. Nice free night out take the free bar for an hour or two then introduce yourself to all those people you don't know. Could make for an interesting night.

Free - it is nice to win a race even being a YKW but I prefer to have someone to chase as I can get a bit complacent and ease off

Col - I have been working on my short speed for the last few months gradually building up to get my longer pace faster again.

Gazelle - nice 16 there, I am going to follow the 18/55 plan as well I think.

3 mile warm up Tuesday followed by 8 by 80m hills with jog down recovery, 7.5 mile fartlek last night trying to keep pace with a new club member who runs 34 min 10ks so it was a bit of a challenge.

Edited: 14/11/2013 at 15:11
14/11/2013 at 20:54

Thank you for the condolences - not an easy time at the mo  

Red where's the HM? Enjoy the night out & free bar

Gazelle nice long run there. 

Simon - how is your shoulder now?

AA good that your managing to run - how's the foot?

Not many miles banked for me this week but my kit is packed to go for a run at lunchtime tomorrow, i'm sure the fresh air will do me some good.

14/11/2013 at 21:47

You were up early this morning AA - or was it up late?!

I don't have a treadmill at home Gazelle I just use the ones in the gym, they're big, sturdy technogym ones but a bit pricey for a home treadmill.  I'm not sure if it goes past 20kph - Parsnip had it on that fast once for about 30s! Well done on the long run.

Hope you survive the night out Red...

Fancy that Minni, I'm there next weekend too! Might pack the trainers and barcode for if I'm up early enough for a YKW....

Ant that's a good run ahead of Sunday! Things are looking good for you getting that target.  I wouldn't personally be doing too many 400s tomorrow, and not faster than 10K pace.  Save it for Sunday!

Had a bit of a crummy intervals session this morning, done on the industrial estate.  It was SO WINDY and I threw the towel in before my last rep.  I wasn't hitting the pace I was aiming for so wrote it off as a bad day at the office rather than flogging myself for the sake of it.  It's been a while since I've had a dire training run so it was about time!

14/11/2013 at 23:04

DD - the up sounds great, but the down? on slippy cobbles? bloody terrifying

Looks good for a sub 90 attempt ant!

Like your plank ambition IJ!

Thats a long way from pathetic AA - nice work.

Redwood - thread wisdom has I think proved that a big night out a few days before usually means a PB.  Enjoy!

Hope you managed to get out pink lady, and that it helped clear your head

Nice long run gazelle - remind me, are you doing VLM?

Good work news for me - my current contract role is becoming permanent, but the main thing is I've negotiated working all my weekly hours in 4 days rather than 5.  Yep, that means a dedicated day off for long runs!    

Fab club 10M run tonight.  Started at 7.45 pace, ended at 7.10 pace, avg 7.30.  Feels a long way off MP now, but doing this Thursday run all winter should help get closer.

Think I may do a cheeky YKW this weekend - bit of a tune up race...

15/11/2013 at 00:18

Pink - Saw surgeon today, happy with progress, but still need more physio, and ideally in hydro pool. Wants to see me one more time just after chrimbo, so still no driving, and still no work.

kfc - I do the cramming Full time hrs into 4days, it's got its plus and minus points. The minus is cus your working such long hrs on your work days, all your chores/duties etc have to be done on your days off, but hope it works for you!

15/11/2013 at 07:50

KFC - well done on the job. And hours to suit. Nice one 

Carrot - well done on listening to your body. 

Minni - I'm not far from Oxford... I might pop up and support. Considering packing my trainers but you'll be in the pub by the time I'm done 

Simon - how much longer will it be? Have they said?

15/11/2013 at 09:17

That is so weird - Mr F and I have a few days break just outside Oxford at the back end of next weekend....there's a chance I can come a couple of days early and meet up for the YKW

kfc - great news on the job front

carrot - it was a bit blowy yesterday wasn't it! Good idea to bail rather than thrash it to death.

Pink - a run will definitely do you good

It's intervals for me later - km reps on the TM.  Gazza - I use the ones in the gym too...although OH has discovered a really good place near us that sells re-conditioned ex-gym equipment, including good quality TMs so we are thinking about whether it would be worth getting one. Not sure, as I like the lunchtime routine of the gym at lunchtime, so I'm not sure how much use we'd make of it.

15/11/2013 at 09:57

Never done a YKW, perhaps I should try one. Do I need a piece of paper or some such?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.