RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

33,261 to 33,280 of 37,200 messages
16/11/2013 at 16:39

bloody phone, third time lucky, hopefully! nice 12 miler Carrot, autumn sunshine was lovely this morning.

managed 50 minutes doing a hilly session on the treadmill this morn, strangely enjoying being able to push the pace a little on the treadmill, usually find them soo boring! Mr Kiwi had his gait anaylis this afty + is the proud owner of a shiny new pair of Asics GTs now, hopefully just the motivation he needs

16/11/2013 at 18:24

Ant/Red/ O4S  good luck with the half marathon

Red Hope you enjoyed the evening out

2old Had the flu jab today which is great as the coughing & spluttering has started at work.

KFC I was keen to do a lunchtime run but got partly changed to discover that I had no running bottoms, I had grabbed what I thought was a pair from the drawer only it was another top. Had to give up as couldn't run in my underwear.   Poor planning from me which is what I do for a living!

Great news for you & the job love the 4 day week.

Simon hope the daytime TV isn't getting you down. Sounds like the shoulder is improving & the hydro pool should help.

DD have a great time in Dubai even though it's work related. I would like to go & see what it is like, been to Bahrain & Jordan which was interesting.

Carrot Nice 12 miler there.

After the lunchtime run disaster yesterday was determined to run today. 10 miles banked this morning & really enjoyed the run as the conditions were lovely as well.

Edited: 16/11/2013 at 18:28
16/11/2013 at 19:59

Thanks for the advise ref the treadmill I will keep looking

Good luck Ant/ O4S and Redwood for tomorrow. 

Shildon/ Simon nice training from you this week.

Kfc- yes I'm in VLM, hoping to catch the 3:14:59 train! The 10mile runs look good

Col- you have a very good marathon time off 2 20 mile runs, did you run any further than 20 miles?

FRC- comrades omg! How many miles a week will you be covering? Do you have any rest days within your 14 day plan? Good luck and Give me a shout if you need a guinea pig for your coaching course.

Kiwi and Pink- nice runs from both of you. 

I can't believe a few of you will be in Oxford next week, I might pop down to do the park run myself 

16/11/2013 at 20:43

Simon - sounds like your running is doing ok for your time out and shoulder problems. 

Kiwi - nice TM session.  Have you managed to put any weight on yet.  Mr Kiwi is becoming quite serious!

Looks like the sub 3:15 train will be quite long in London!

AA listening to MT today (from Frankfurt) and a bloke who couldn't walk 6 months prior with PF only knocked something like 20 minutes off his pb to finish well under 3 hrs (can't remember all the exacts now). 

What a coincidence so many of us in Oxford next weekend.  We should meet for a drink!

20 for me today, 15 progressive on road, then another 5 off road this afternoon.  Off to the rugby at Murrayfield tomorrow for a day of drinking...... hic.

Good luck to the racers tomorrow, Ant & Dec, oops I mean Red.  And anyone else.

16/11/2013 at 21:51

DD - I agree, I've found out this year that retirement suits me very well too!  Hope its not too long until the next stint!  Spoons - I know, and I'm awful for working too many hours, so I'm hoping just doing 4 days should insure against doing it all the time...  Thanks for the congrats guys!

Simon, AA - nice 6 and 7 milers!

I've done that before pink lady - glad you saved it with a good long run

I'd love to make it on the 3.15 train at VLM, I suspect there will be a few going a little faster than that too!

CBA KO'd todays YKW...  muddy and slow 4M with OH instead - he's managed 5 runs this week - unprecedented, maybe he's serious about this marathon training thing...

17/11/2013 at 01:04

Hi all very brief stop

good luck all racers tomorrow 

no runs for me- watching US Grand Prix tomorrow in Texas. Very jealous when the drivers ran on the track after practise today - a fast 5and a bit k

17/11/2013 at 11:30
hi folks, need to catch up it seems ... WiFi was sporadic in Poland. On the way home now. Think my back enjoyed a break from 10hr work days

Managed to run between 60 and 90 mins on the beach every day. Hard work. slooow going but good for Body and Soul
17/11/2013 at 11:34

Worth a watch - thoughtful short (10min) film of runners in my local park. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F7T1EGSoMQ

17/11/2013 at 15:38

Chick - glad you're feeling chilled. Well done for running loads. 

Kiwi - on your way back honey!!

Another gym session for me this morning. After 30 mins on bike I managed 4.5 mile run but had to stop as foot got tight. Then did a 5 mile muddy walk with dogs and it's really sore now but yesterday managed 45 mins bike and 30 mins cross trainer.  giving spoons a run for his money with lunges and squats too!! 

17/11/2013 at 15:53

Just quickly popping in as I'm in charge of the 2 nippers this afternoon in return for running this morning. Really surprised myself with 1.37.15 and 4 quick miles to finish. That's 4 mins off my HM time in 3 weeks so definitely going in the right direction. Will check in properly tomorrow, hope everyone else had good races too (unfortunately didn't bump into Ant which was a shame)

17/11/2013 at 16:52

Back from the pub and race. Did an 8 second PB rolling in at 1:31:56. Knew after 3 miles that the sub 90 wasn't on, so aimed for a PB and held on - really pushing the pace towards the end.

Red - good going on the improvement - onwards and downwards. Fab conditions again today

Sub 90 now scheduled for Brentwood in March. 

chin chin

17/11/2013 at 17:31
nice HMs red & ant . am home and pished .... ooops ....
17/11/2013 at 17:32

Good day at the office 

First FV 60 - nice cup for the bling 

Broke course record (for FV60) by over 4 minutes - £20 cash prize 

Now done 4 HMs in 2 months, each one faster than the one before, this was one of the harder courses, similar to Swindon in terms of hills, finished in 1.43.21 in 18th overall, just missing a post 60 PB by 4 seconds!

Full report to follow when showered and have glass of something white and cold to hand 

17/11/2013 at 19:46

O4S - brilliant, very well done

Well done Ant and Red on the new PBs, brilliant! Things are moving in the right direction for you both.

Good to hear the 10M went well Pinklady!

Great mileage yesterday Minni, are you looking forward to the 50K? Have you got any XC planned over the next few months? I've 'volunteered' to do Morpeth at the end of November and the NE champs on 14th December.  Not entirely sure why

Those beach runs will make you strong Chick, the break sounds lovely!

Hope the foot feels a bit better tomorrow AA.

It's so strange how many of us are down Oxford next weekend.  It's almost like it's not a coincidence.

An unplanned 10K after a day out on the lash
Ended up getting a last minute number for Leeds Abbey Dash today - we had a club outing and were just going along on the minibus for the day out but I though it was probably more fun to run as there was a spare number.  (We were at a gig last night in Newcastle and it was a bit of an all day session, eventually got to bed at 12:30am ready for a 6am start) Bit of a chew on getting to the start so managed about 400m warm up jogging to the start.  Didn't realise I was in the 'sub 55 minute' pen!  Managed to get to the very front - the sub-45 pen has all set off down the road before we were all allowed to run.  Plan was to just see how I felt, maybe run at HM pace.  It was exciting being at the very front of the pen with tape in front of us, I felt like an elite!  Took off down the road with the entire pen following.  About 400m of clear road before hitting the back of the sub-45 pen (which of course was more like 60 minute pace)  Spent the majority of the race overtaking, very much enjoyed it as it was like the club handicap but with 20,000 more runners  Got to cheer on clubmates as it's an out and back course.  Some very, very fast runners there today - I think there were 200 finished under 34 minutes.  I was not one of them.  Ran about a minute slower than my current 10K PB, just a bit quicker than HM pace.  So a decent run out. I'll probably do this race next year and maybe even target it.  I have grown to really like 10Ks this year

17/11/2013 at 19:50

Ant & Red - Great HM results by both of you.

O4S - Not only bling for a place, but a course record as well, what's next?

2old - Enjoy F1 in Texas, even thou it will be another Red Bull boring 1-2. 

9.2m for me @9.20. First 5m ok, then got slower and slower, but at least HR was dropping too. Probably too soon after 7m on Friday . But it's all time on feet.

Chick - Welcome back from the beaches of Poland. That's sounds as inviting as Blackpool or Bogner. Brol will probably give me a telling off now.

AA - Take it easy with that foot, slowly, slowly

17/11/2013 at 21:22

Nice one carrot! 

Ant, red and o4s - well done on the brilliant HMs!  

carrot - having second thoughts about the 50k... 

17/11/2013 at 22:52

Wow. Great day everyone well done

17/11/2013 at 22:53

I managed a 11.5 mile run, 20 miles on a mountain bike and a 2.5km swim. Must be triathlon training!

18/11/2013 at 05:54

Ant & Red congratulations

O4s brilliant, bling as well

Minni when's the 50k?

18/11/2013 at 07:47

Redders - well done on a great HM. 

Ant - nice new PB. Brilliant. 

O4S - fantastic. a course record too. Awesome. You're on fire 

Carrot - I'm worried about you.....loving 10ks???

Foot feels ok today. I managed a huge total of 17 miles last week 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.