RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

35,261 to 35,280 of 36,286 messages
13/03/2014 at 19:24

Barry- have a great race - you can do it!-and enjoy your stay ,Barcelona is brilliant

pink- enjoy the Saturday race...a taster for a future marathon for you

AA- great LR, first on the thread to do one this week so you can relax and enjoy the weekend 

DD- you'd go mad doing a LR there. 

Chick- no wonder you run long so often with views like that. There are some nice views on the Boston route so no excuses take your camera 

Did as told by Carrot Barry and AA said ...rested today 

13/03/2014 at 19:59

Lovely pictures Chick, I love this time of year

Parsnip is planning to do London AA but he is currently sidelined with an injury! He's been off running for two weeks... still not sure if it's a tendon injury or a stress fracture.  Time is running out Always nice when you get a second wind!

Enjoy the breakfast run Pink!

Fly out of Newcastle tomorrow morning.  Run number 1252.  I will probably head towards the back of the pen too Barry - I'm presuming we're both in the red pen? Yellow club vest, black shorts, swishy blonde ponytail

Last run done today, 4M easy in the midday sunshine for a last minute attempt at acclimatisation! Will be back Monday night so expect a lengthy race report then Oh I do hope it's a positive one.  This is it, what all the hard work had been for.

13/03/2014 at 20:04

Carrot - im so excited for you! I just know you will smash it!! Poor parsnip. Is he still doing London?

2old - love a rest day

13/03/2014 at 20:05

Lovely photo's Chick

Good that you rested today 2old

Nice long run there AA

We are flying out from Gatwick tomorrow morning. The fog is really bad here so we are leaving a bit earlier. So wishing both Carrot & Barry a brilliant Marathon on Sunday.

Flying back Tuesday which means celebrating St Patrick's Day in Barcelona. And of course there are some important rugby matches being played Sat so will have to try & find somewhere that is showing all 3 games!

Will see you there Carrot

Edited: 13/03/2014 at 20:08
13/03/2014 at 20:36
Good luck Carrot and Barry! Exciting days ahead!

Carrot - poor parsnip. When did this come on?

Chick - beautiful, beautiful photos.

1.5m reps (x3) for me tonight. Wasn't sure how it was going to go as I've had a banging headache the past couple of days and felt very sluggish yesterday. However managed 6:46, 6:48, 6:43 pace. That's another one ticked off.
13/03/2014 at 20:50

I hope everyone's niggles lay low, and weather is perfect for this w/end.

Chick - Nice photos from yesterday.

Here's mine

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/479221/gallery/hardknott_pass_0.jpg?width=350

I had  a great day cycling up in The Lakes with a mate yesterday. Glorious weather, and just 36m, but 1312meters of killer hills. Hardknott, Wyrnoss and 3 others, all between 20-30%, and yes, we had to get off and walk, but even that was hard work

13/03/2014 at 23:11
Looks lovely Simon.

And chic, definitely can understand why you run so much with views like that.

Good luck Carrot, and Barry. Since Mr Z isn't around....

http://

Edited: 13/03/2014 at 23:13
14/03/2014 at 07:12
FRC - love it

Carrot / Barry - have a great race on Sunday, really looking forward to how you get on

Pink - hope you enjoy watching the race too...and then sign yourself up for next year

Minni - excellent reps!

AA - well done on the long run...I'm always a bit jealous you get it out of the way on a Friday and can put your feet up over the weekend

I have a tempo run later. Haven't decided exactly what I'll do, but probably something with 5-ish at MP or quicker.
14/03/2014 at 08:32

Minni- fast reps...did you ever hear about your 20 mile race result ?

Simon- only????36of some very tough hill work there but worth it for the views. 

Free-it's nice when you feel you can make up the session to suit yourself even if you end up deciding on a hard tempo 

FRC- I'm looking forward to my taper too

pink- Guinness and rugby in Barcelona followed by a marathon to watch. A perfect weekend. 

Carrot - stay off your feet  now ,don't be tempted to go sight seeing ( unless you are on a bus) 

foggy here 

Dubai Dave    pirate
14/03/2014 at 08:46

Simon: Looks great, can't wait to get home and ride my bike in the sun.

AA: Home next Friday, have been away working or on holiday for all bar 8 days since January 20th! Want to go home

Mini: Nice reps

9 miles around the helideck, 10 laps one way, 10 laps the other way, Mind boggling boring but hey ho needs must.

14/03/2014 at 09:51

DD-hell of a way to train for a marathon-mental toughness guaranteed

14/03/2014 at 13:40

Just popping in to say best of luck to Carrot and Barry in Barcelona!

14/03/2014 at 13:54

Minni- fast reps...did you ever hear about your 20 mile race result ?

Simon- only????36of some very tough hill work there but worth it for the views. 

Free-it's nice when you feel you can make up the session to suit yourself even if you end up deciding on a hard tempo 

FRC- I'm looking forward to my taper too

pink- Guinness and rugby in Barcelona followed by a marathon to watch. A perfect weekend. 

Carrot - stay off your feet  now ,don't be tempted to go sight seeing ( unless you are on a bus) 

foggy here 

14/03/2014 at 15:21

random double-post 2old

Very excited for carrot & Barry  I shall be thinking of you when I do my MP sesh on Sunday. Will go to the same race venue again where I did it last time. It's a series and you can always sign up on the day. Handy. Supposed to be wet & windy but there will be trees and houses and hopefully some shelter.

Excellent reps, Minni. 1.5 mile reps sound vile!

Fab Tapir, FRC

My lower back has started to niggle again and the calf too - this time it's the right hand side. Yawn. I'm bored with my body's antics. I felt fine running today (did 12 with 5@ 7mm) but it hurt yesterday, then I stretched and worked it with the spiky ball, and now sat at my desk it's stiffening up again. Bah. May throw in another rest day tomorrow and see how I feel on Sunday. If all else fails I'll ditch the MP run. I'm still a week ahead of schedule. So I could rest for a few days and resume next week and simply ditch the half that I had planned for March 23 and for which I wanted a mini taper. Decisions, decisions... Physio sesh booked for Wednesday.

DD: can't quite begin to imagine the boredom of running on a heli deck!!

Gorgeous pic, Simon!

14/03/2014 at 17:17

Best of luck to Carrot and Barry in Barcelona. Hope you both have a great race.

Pinklady - Enjoy St. Patricks Day in Barcelona.  

14/03/2014 at 17:27

DD - Yes looks gorgeous, but when you see this sign at the bottom of virtually every climb, you know there's going to be plenty of pain

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/479221/gallery/approach_to_wrynose_0.jpg?width=350

14/03/2014 at 18:23
Blimey, si, scary stuff. My steepest hill is 20% and that HURTS. Can't quite imagine 30.....

I think I've just drunk a bottle of red with me dinner. Whoops..... but I can't feel any back pain.now so all good
14/03/2014 at 18:26

Simon- I'd rather ski down that hill than ride a bike- terrifying. My brakes would have been worn out . Oh you were talking about the climb....easy 

Chick- no idea how that double post happened. Looks like your body is screaming for a rest...a day off will probably do it as long as the run after is a gentle return to action . 

got my LR done today .really didn't want to do it and was thinking of watching the races at Cheltenham instead.But self discipline kicked in and so 20 was done. Held back to around 8.15 ish for most miles but a few faster ones resulted in a final average of 8.06 mm . Surprisingly cold and windy too . Now I can enjoy my weekend

14/03/2014 at 18:28

Chick- that's a great tip for a painkiller...think I will try it for my niggles tonight .....looks like your HM is on again. 

14/03/2014 at 19:34

had a bit of a fright....just browsed the 3.15 thread and they are all going down with nasty injuries....hope they recover  and a bit of a warning to all of us with what we dismiss as 'niggles' 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.