RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

16,541 to 16,560 of 37,114 messages
23/05/2012 at 17:51
Finally got to watch it, Minni thank you so much for posting the link! O4S you were awesome
23/05/2012 at 19:42

Awesome O4S, you look like such a natural at the whole waving at crowds thing. Hope the security crew didn't mind that you totally showed them up too.

Becs glad your OH is home. Sunbathing is medicinal for you both you know.

23/05/2012 at 20:55
Arrivederci Team. Off to do plenty of wine, pasta and pizza for a few days.
Back Sunday.
Back into training Monday.....
23/05/2012 at 21:11

Enjoy your last week of drinking and eating AA before the marathon training starts again.  

Carrot yes the apprentice is doing Edinburgh on Sunday.  Her goal is 3:49 to get a gfa and she should well and truly nail it.  If she didn't have the gfa target I'd be telling her to aim for 3:30 but its best to play safe.  I'm loving running with her, other than that I have to go with the men if I want something speedier.   The half starts at something stupid like 8am.

O4S we need a report!  You really were brilliant!

23/05/2012 at 21:16
AA - have a lovely time. As Minni says - serious TM training starts on Monday so best get 6 months of wine in this week.

Training update - Monday 2km swim, Tuesday 9 mile run, tonight 28 mile bike. Triathlete in training?
23/05/2012 at 21:33
Interesting Spoons....
23/05/2012 at 21:40
She says in a disapproving way
23/05/2012 at 21:41
As in, stop that swim and bike nonsense and get back into marathon training.....
23/05/2012 at 21:45
She totally approves of dipping the toes in the water and doing some spinning before the next block of marathon training starts. 3:30 still awaits.....
23/05/2012 at 22:01
Thanks for that reminder
23/05/2012 at 22:06
23/05/2012 at 22:20

Hi Gang - huge thanks for all your messages, it meant so much to me.  The number of people from around the world, ex students and colleagues, school friends etc who somehow knew about it and watched the live stream just blew me away.  I was up at 4.30 am and have just got a break from phone calls, neighbours at the door wanting to touch the torch and an exploding inbox from all the e-mailed photos.  Loving Trousergate!!  Can't do justice to a report tonight but once I have had a good night's sleep and stopped grinning from ear to ear I will tell all.

Just one thing, if you have any chance of going out to see the relay - do it!!!  It restores your faith in human nature and is inspiring, uplifting and emotional all rolled into one.  An astounding number of colleagues cycnical about the relay, the Olympics and sport in general, came out to watch and were completely hooked by the whole thing. 

Anyway tomorrow I will reveal all on why I had to stop 3 times, the full trouser saga and how I came to get to run a double leg with a mobile phone stuck down my sock.  Watch this space......

Thanks again, your messages and support brought [yet more] tears to my eyes [and I have a bit of a reputation as a dreadfully hard old boot in these things]

23/05/2012 at 22:22
AA - Have a great time in Italy, I hope the weather's as good as here.

Spoons - Have you sorted your helmet out yet, ready for your tri's?

Decided to give those short-fast-steep hill sessions ago this evening down the gym. Only prob is, it's takes 10-15 secs to get it up to speed/incline. But in a 30min session, did 6x 15secs on 6% @ 9mph, so 1 about every 5mins. I'll use this as a start, and see what happens
23/05/2012 at 22:31
X-post with O4S - You were brilliant, and will def try and watch the relay when it comes up my way on the 1st June, if I can get the day off.
23/05/2012 at 22:43
O4S you were such a star. Can't wait to hear more.

Minni thanks for videoing. Builder turned up here at just the wrong time. My oh was a bit bemused though particularly by all the barking.

Wish I had got to sunbathe but I don't have a garden or even a balcony. Got out for a very sweaty but slow 5 miles at the end of the day.
23/05/2012 at 22:54
Spoons- is this turning into minnis triathlon thread? Some good sessions there Maybe DD and MrZ can coach us. My tri training since from Sunday: sun 8 mile run,mon 1.5k open water swim, tues 12.5 run ,today 28k bike and 2k swim. Struggling to get much bike in as my other half isn't keen after some serious accidents involving people we know. Plan is to surprise her with a sprint tri in mid June and maybe a standard distance in Sept if it fits in with marathon preparation
Mini - see how I have kept some longer runs in recognition of your marathon expectations- they have to be done don't they. .
Simon- not easy swimming with a helmet on. That was a tough hill session. What are they preparing you for?.
Dubai Dave    pirate
24/05/2012 at 06:40

2old Tri is ALL about the bike, once you realise that 50% of a tri is spent on a bike it quickly becomes your focus. These days I only run 3 times a week (around 50k / 30 miles) which is plenty I spend far longer cycling.  Anyone who can run a marathon can do a 1/2 IM the fatigue levels in 1/2 IM are far less than a hard marathon. Different story when you go the full hog in a IM though, thats just plain exhausting. 

24/05/2012 at 07:13

I've got tickets to a torch celebration event on 14th June when it arrives in a nearby town and really looking forward to it now.  I think O4S should be the face of the Olympics 2012!

2old sounds like more cycling is in order.

My bike has been hooked to my turbo since Christmas so I've not been outdoors on it in months. Must find the time.....

BecsA does your OH think we're all a bit mental?!

24/05/2012 at 07:49

o4s - caught your leg at work - we had the live streaming up and all my colleagues were cheering you on.  You looked great - torch held high and proud, grin ear to ear.  Looked like an amazing experience.  Glad I managed to catch it!  

24/05/2012 at 08:27
BecsA wrote (see)
O4S you were such a star. Can't wait to hear more.

Minni thanks for videoing. Builder turned up here at just the wrong time. My oh was a bit bemused though particularly by all the barking.

I loved the dog barking - it was like she was cheering O4S as well

16,541 to 16,560 of 37,114 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.