RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

16,581 to 16,600 of 36,987 messages
24/05/2012 at 10:54

I skipped the tears in the report - although I admit there were a few last night when all the messages starting flooding in.  Actually on the road I was just a jogging ball of pure happiness

24/05/2012 at 12:41

Fantastic report O4S. What an amazing experience. Can't wait for the torch to come past my flat. I'll have to get the disposable BBQs ready.

24/05/2012 at 13:19
Fantastic report O4S! What a amazing experience & a very well deserved one at that! Thanks to Minni for the link - I couldn't get the stream to work on my phone yesterday.
Loving the summery weather, although not do much fun to run in, especially as I did my first Furman run yesterday. A bit of a change from HADD to say the least. It was the closest Furman gets to an LSR but was neither particularly long or remotely slow - 10 miles with 8 @ 7:03. Then got out on the bike for 25 miles or more like 2x12 miles with a pot of tea and scone rest interval first time out on the bike for weeks. Simon, I've decided against the Norwich 100 - haven't been able to get out on the bike enough to post a decent time so I'd rather do 100 on my own some time over the summer. Cycling is definitely leisure rather than sport for me and I was so much happier riding without the Garmin yesterday.
24/05/2012 at 14:13

O4S-by the way how did you manage to run for so long with often both arms up in the air? Are they aching ?

DarenF-thats an impressive 10 miler and no wonder you needed to stop for an afternoon tea mid bike session .Whilst I can run a long way without much fuel when it comes to the bike I soon run out of gas.

Before my lunch I swam 1k , ran 5k on the TM and went on the spinning bike for 10K .Nice way to spend just over an hour.

24/05/2012 at 14:36

Hi guys,

Sorry, been AWOL for 2 days. 'twas our anniversary on Tuesday and I had promised Mr. Chick a forum-free, run-free day . And then got bogged down with work yesterday . Probably punishment for taking a day off ... typical!

Weeble: is there no end to your injury/illness 'mares? Blood clot. Ugh.

AA: have a fantastic holiday

Simon: Blimey, it's that phase of your completely nuts bike rides again

O4S: Wow, just watched the video at my desk, blinking back tears. How amazing it must have felt to be part of something soooo epic! Loved the report too. And you looked GREAT! I kinda liked the snug fit on you . You have great legs, so why not show 'em off.

Edited: 24/05/2012 at 14:36
24/05/2012 at 14:39
DarenF wrote (see)
or more like 2x12 miles with a pot of tea and scone rest interval

My sort of training

24/05/2012 at 14:40
chickadeee wrote (see)

'twas our anniversary on Tuesday and I had promised Mr. Chick a forum-free, run-free day

24/05/2012 at 15:04

So in marathon training this year I was doing 6 x runs per week. However, one of them was usually something like "3 mile slow recovery run" and one was usually "3-6 miles / easy - steady pace" depending on what else was happening that week.

I'm trying to squeeze in some swimming and cycling but I don't want to compromise my running and in fact I want to improve my running. Therefore I am thinking about keeping the 4 key running sessions and adding 2 x swims + 2 x bike sessions. Sound sensible?

Mon - Swim - plus possible short run

Tue - Run

Wed - Bike

Thu - Run

Fri - Swim

Sat - Run

Sun - Run + Bike

24/05/2012 at 15:14

Spoons -looks good to me -DD and Mr Z may say not enough bike-but what do I know. From my perspective I would have trouble fitting in both a long run and a long cycle session.I could fit in the runs and swims and maybe a few shorter(1-.1.5hr) bike sessions except when work and family demands kick in and I can see a number lining up over the next few months.

MrZ and DD -I see the Outlaw is being shown on Channel 4-moveover 04S, glory time for someonelse .

24/05/2012 at 15:59

2old - when??  Will defo watch as long as I don't have to raise my arms

24/05/2012 at 16:51

2old - great thanks. I know many would say more bike time but to be honest I'm a runner that's dabbling with other stuff so I'm not prepared to compromise on that. I'm more concerned my running may suffer.

24/05/2012 at 17:08

O4S thanks for that great report!  Funny and tear jerking at the same time.  You have every right to feel proud - I feel proud to know you! 

I've copied a link to the video and a copy of your report onto the library, so we can look back on it in time to come.

Sorry not time to catch up on the tri stuff at the moment - some of us have running to do!

Later!

24/05/2012 at 17:13
Great report O4S!

23 degrees, lovely + sunny here, off out for a very slow jog now, becoming bored with the constant rollering/stretching + icing of the i.t band but needs must!
24/05/2012 at 17:18
Minni - running is so yesterday or maybe the day after the day after tomorrow!
24/05/2012 at 18:47
O4S- loved the video you're a star, what an amazing experience it must've been.
Minni- thanks for posting.
24/05/2012 at 21:40
Running club tonight. 8 mile XC hilly fartlek. My poor legs are smashed
24/05/2012 at 21:55

AA - You going to do your tandem skydive with me this year?

Edited: 24/05/2012 at 21:56
24/05/2012 at 22:01
5 slow miles for me tonight with 3 others including The Apprentice. I need to get back to proper training because I'm getting fat.
24/05/2012 at 23:23
Spoons - I've never done a tri, but what I've read is that everyone has to work most on their weakest leg. So as a runner, you'll get most benefit training on your bike and/or swimming, cus the running part will sort it's self out, cus you've done lots of running. Concentrating on your running, may make you a better runner, but not a better triathlete.

2old - Nothing planned in the near future. I thought I might try it to see if it helps my running and cycling, as it seems like an interesting idea.

Chick - Hope you had a nice anniversary.

Minni - I thought I was mad also, but it was ok in the end.
I think I'll do the commute probably on Sunday, as the weather forecast is good, traffic will be quiet, and I'm on day off on the Monday just incase
25/05/2012 at 08:16

This weekend - Bupa 10k & chocolate banana!  That's all.  Thanks & have a good one!

16,581 to 16,600 of 36,987 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.