RW Forum Six - Sub 5

XB v Ultra Kazzaah

661 to 680 of 754 messages
22/03/2011 at 19:02
Going to club tonight.  Don't really want to but thought I should show my face for once!
22/03/2011 at 19:18
Kaz - club will be better in a few weeks time when we can fun off road.
22/03/2011 at 21:24

Get lost even more when we're offroad!!

Absolutely shattered.  Did 1st mile with Al and Rosie, then rest with Battlecat.  Fastest 10k in nearly 2 years - 55.01.  Honestly still feel sick!

22/03/2011 at 22:41
Kaz - I haven't fun that fast for at 10k for 2 years. After VLM I will be doing intervals.

I would feel sick too. Bet Rose didn't break into a sweat.
XB
23/03/2011 at 06:50

Blummin' 'eck. That's a bit sharpish, Kaz. Well done.

I did my 8 x 0.5 mile intervals in the local park to get some hills. All reps were under 8min miles and I even got one downhill one under 7mm

TBH it was a bit quick - I didn't plan to do them that fast but got carried away with the fun. I shall be a bit more disciplined next time.

23/03/2011 at 07:29

Nice one XB

Tbh I had no intention of running at that pace - set off with the faster lot and fully expected to end up on my own lagging behind

XB
23/03/2011 at 08:48

I wrote myself a plan that I thought would work and prepare me for Stratford and I should stick to it and not risk injury.

But it was fun in the sun.

I've got a 7 mile tempo planned for Friday. I shall do what it says on my spreadsheet.

XB
25/03/2011 at 11:59

Tempo done It was tough so didn't really enjoy it. But it's done.

So what plans do you have for the weekend? Are you going running in your undergarments, Kaz? Are you looking towards a gentle taper <crosses fingers> or are you going long to enjoy the nice weather?

What about you, Tracey?

I've got a 10 miler planned for Sunday and a curry for this evening. I'm hoping to persuade the family to get on their bikes and join me for a gentle pedal around the local lanes.

25/03/2011 at 16:59

Don't intend to do much this weekend XB.  Maybe 5 tomorrow and up to a half on Sunday.  May decide to do Paddock Wood half but only if I can get heaps done tomorrow!!

Curry sounds good.  Suspect I'll have to wait till after Monday (ie pay day) for one of those!!

25/03/2011 at 20:13
XB - am doing Paddock Wood half on Sunday.

Kaz - Roobs is doing Paddock Wood on Sunday if you want to share a car.
XB
27/03/2011 at 07:23

Have a great race, Trace

And good luck with whatever you decide, Kaz.

27/03/2011 at 13:04

Hope Paddock Wood went well T.

Looks like you had a good run today XB.

Surprise, surprise I did a bit more than planned in the end

Did 5.31, relatively easy yesterday.  Today I planned 12/13 but I ran with Mel, who always makes me run faster than I do on my own!  Ended up doing 14.25 in total, just under 11 with Mel.  2.20.58 for the run.  Thing was it didn't feel too fast though tbf I couldn't have kept that pace up for 26 miles!!  Just a really enjoyable run, legs felt fine, no particular chafing/blistering and the niggly bits didn't niggle.  Legs feel great at the mo - I don't feel to bad either

XB
27/03/2011 at 16:45

Blimey, Kaz. You really do seem to be reaping the rewards of some quality streaking. I thought I'd got some speed into my long run today and you go further and faster.

I hope you're going to remember how good it felt today and keep that feeling in a bottle and let it out next time you're having a bad run.

And wrap yourself in cotton wool now until Brighton. 

27/03/2011 at 16:55

It's what comes with running with someone who's a fair bit faster than you!  What really pleased me was that I didn't drop the pace majorly over the last 3 miles or so when I was on my own.

I know that my 'bad head' is my biggest enemy, unfortunately a lifetime of self esteem issues is hard to conquer.

I must say I quite like the idea of trying to find the 16 miles I need this week in order to hit the 500 mark by the end of the first quarter but other than that there won't be much of owt going on between now and Brighton, apart from Sussex of course!

XB
27/03/2011 at 17:19

"Apart from Sussex of course". What are you like?

Go for the 16 miles. You've earned the 500. But do it slowly. Or else.

Mr Low Esteem needs to wind his neck in. You've had such a cracking 4 months that he needs to take a jump.

27/03/2011 at 17:26

Well I can't do much about Sussex - and it would have been worse if I'd not dropped Crawley!  From what I've heard of the course it's going to be a long day so I can't see there's any chance I'll be tanking that one!!

16 miles in 4 days - does seem a little churlish not to go for it. 

I'm liking the Mr Low Esteem!  Given my lack of luck on the romance front is a big part of the issue it seems apt it should be masculine

28/03/2011 at 06:38
Morning all

Kaz - well done on your speedy run with Mel.

Had an enjoyable race with Roobs yesterday. Help drag her round it. She nearly cord on me as she got a season best.
28/03/2011 at 21:14

Nice one T, sounds like you both had a good race.

6 miles tonight (and first fully light evening run ) so 10 miles in 3 runs to get the 500

XB
28/03/2011 at 21:19

Well run, Trace. Sounds like a nice day out.

Excellent, Kaz. It was lovely to see it was still light when I brought the girls home from swimming.

I've got hills planned for tomorrow. I'll probably do a few laps of the park taking in the biggest ups and gentlest downs.

28/03/2011 at 23:04
Kaz - well done on getting closer to 500 miles.

XB - good luck with your hill work tomorrow.

I will run tomorrow, but don't know how far yet.
661 to 680 of 754 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.