RW Forum Six - Sub 5.30

Iron Min v Soup Dragon

3,821 to 3,840 of 3,927 messages
05/01/2012 at 21:07

A 30 min swim and an hour on the turbo today.  And my pirate kit arrived.  A biking jacket and top which thankfully fit perfect. So thats it, got to do it now.

I'm challenging my (false) doubts now so I've got answers and strength when the hard sessions come. I'll be at that start line no matter what. I've re-read what Fink says about when mental strength dips in training and remembering the feeling and how to overcome it.  I'm sure on race day there will be plenty of dips and peaks to find my way through.

IronM.in    pirate
05/01/2012 at 21:31
You will. And we'll all be there together.
06/01/2012 at 07:53
<peeks in>

Sorry not been around - w*rk has kind of taken over - travelling silly distances every week and being a bit miserable. Haven't plodded properly for ages so reading about your ironman efforts puts me to shame. Sounds like lots of good swimbling, cycling and plodding is going on - hoorah and falderee

Have started back on the old marathon training schedule as due back in London in April - if anyone has a bit of spare mojo please send it my way!

Anyway - as you were
IronM.in    pirate
06/01/2012 at 09:47
Hi DL - do pop in as and when - life is a pain when it gets too busy, sometimes!
07/01/2012 at 16:32

Waves excitedly to DL   Good to hear from you. Plenty of mojo here.  Well sometimes anyway.  I missed my planned run and swim yesterday but I blame the fire alarms sounding at the gym and everyone stood outside freezing to death when I got there, so I moved on but still didn't run for some reason - my planned route had been foiled and couldn't get my head round a different one.  But a 5 mile plod just banked now and bike tomorrow. 

Podds - Next Sunday is a Dustboy ride near Camberley (I think). 30 to 40 miles with only gentle hills, mainly flat.  I know its a long way for you but would be nice if you could join us.

07/01/2012 at 16:43
DL is doing Ashby with us   
07/01/2012 at 21:07

*delurks*

Good to see Soupy doing oodles of training (some of the time!) I had a rough long run last weekend - longest so far and it was just awful, but today's was far better and I'm feeling the love again.

I'm doing Ashby as well, so will look out for Spence & DL there. Do you know if we get numbers in advance for that one? as I'll never recognise either of you from your pictures! unless a dog in a red hat really runs races

*goes back to lurking*

07/01/2012 at 22:01

*delurks* 

Soup Dragon  wrote (see)

I felt totally fantastic when I finished it (and then cried all over Schmunks at the finish line) so I'm sure Outlaw will be a million times more emotional.   

And I will have the shoulder ready at Outlaw for you too, Soups

*relurks*

07/01/2012 at 22:16

Helen, yes they send numbers out. Far Far is coming too  XB can't get a day pass

It's pizza at Ask after

What kinda time are you hoping for?

08/01/2012 at 07:56

oh, pizza?!  Might have to get the pass out signed for a bit longer, in that case!  Will let you know. Something in the low 4 hr mark would be magic. 

08/01/2012 at 09:10
We did 3:49 last year run/walk, most welcome to join us
09/01/2012 at 17:34

Can I go straight for the pizza avoiding the 20 miles bit?????

09/01/2012 at 17:49

What? 

Miss 3 hours and 49 wonderful minutes of our company!!??

It's such a good job we know you'rejoking !!!

09/01/2012 at 18:04
Never has an incentive to run faster been as as attractive
09/01/2012 at 19:03
Thought you might say that !!
09/01/2012 at 21:39

Now, just hold on a mo! This pizza isn't like shirts at the end of the race, is it? You know, fastest finishers get in and nab all the well fitting sizes, leaving us slowcoaches with the dregs?

*wonders quite how fast she could run 20 miles*

Is Ashby 2 laps?

*wonders about plodding 10 and heading straight to pizza *

09/01/2012 at 22:08

yes, it's 2 laps

5:5 miles today for me and my dawg

12/01/2012 at 07:26

Morning all.  Just a quick catch-up.  I did a rubbish run on Tuesday from work.  Bliddy hard work it was and only 5 miles, one of those that don't work.  Had a rest yesterday instead of another run and then an evening TI session in the endless pool.  I just love my TI sessions.  An hour on the bike planned today so it will be the long way home from work or a turbo top-up.

<wonders if Ashby is too far to go for a 1 lap 10 mile plod and a bit of a forum get together pizza.  I don't want to do 20 but 10 is perfect.  hmmmmmmm>

12/01/2012 at 07:52

Sounds like a plan Soupy

Shame about your run

I did 6 yesterday, round & round a very muddy park!! DD loved it !

15/01/2012 at 20:21

Evening.  I'm tired but in a really good way.  Had a lovely 40 mile bike ride today with Podds (and a few others) on another classic Dustboy Special.  I have so much to thank DB for in terms of cycling.  He can really put a good route together and he's very encouraging to those of us at the back.  Only averaged 13mph even though I was struggling to keep up in places but 40 miles is 40 miles.  I had another go on my tri bars which still felt really wobbly.  I hadn't realised that I was saying"whoah,whoa, whoah out loud! I'll get down to the track I think for a few goes.

On Friday I did my long run of 90mins. It was hard work and I nearly gave in but slowed it right down and did the job. A slow 13.5min/miles. 

So end of week 7 and I've missed just one run but done more biking than the plan says. That will do me.

3,821 to 3,840 of 3,927 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.