RW Forum Six - Sub 5.30

Iron Min v Soup Dragon

3,861 to 3,880 of 3,932 messages
23/01/2012 at 21:40

That's good

My plans for Ashby might have changed a little, my friend J has said I should go for a PB and not worry about us all staying together  I'm not sure, I would like to put my new regime 4/30 to the test, so I might just go for it......having said that I wont be on my own as Far Far has said she'll come with me  see how it all feels on the day  

23/01/2012 at 21:50

Well I think you should go for it Spence.  Your running has become really consistent and you are doing so well it would be good to give yourself a real test. I've never done a race with other people, apart from starting off together and meeting up at the end.  I llike to go at my own pace, be it taking it easy or going for a pb. I prefer it that way.

For some reason my running has gone absolutely rubbish.  A 2 hour run on Sunday took me the total of 8.2 miles. I'm not too worried I'm sure it will come back and if it doesn't well I'll still go out and run anyway.  Running to time not miles is great.  On Sunday instead of sticking to the usual perimeter path at Bushy Park I went round the restored water garden and then doubled back to run round the ponds. It was great, just made it up as I went along.   

23/01/2012 at 21:54

Hurrah - another Ashby-ite.  Soupy, if you could get somewhere near by train, I could pick you up & we could go the rest of the way together (assuming you can deal with my driving) Message me on FB and we can discuss if that's any help to you.

Can I come for pizza - really, I'll plan to drive myself up and everything. I'm housetrained (sort of) and like pizza a lot.  

23/01/2012 at 21:57
That sounds like a plan Helen.  Let me look at the diary.  I would only be doing one lap - I'm not up to 20 miles, it would take me all day with them hills.  I could cheer the rest of you in at the end though, providing you don't beat me lol!!
23/01/2012 at 22:12

I keep forgetting about the hills!!

I've been very lucky in that Far Far & XB have sacrificed their times to get me round my maras & Ashby Far Far & I have done other distances together but it's been a case of see her on the start line and then watch her butt disappear from view !!

24/01/2012 at 08:24

*sticks fingers in ears*

nooo, I don't want to know about hills!!!!!  Had enough of them Sunday.

24/01/2012 at 11:02
Soupy - might need to get a shift on, see here: linky thing.
25/01/2012 at 19:16
8 miles d&d  av pace 10:44 really pleased as I was run/walking my new 4/30 combo
25/01/2012 at 20:17

10 miles, 5 easy (1:01:06), 5 at MP (54:35)  Felt gooooood out there.

Although I have got it into my head that MP is much faster than Easy, so the first half mile MP was down in the 10:30s, rather than over 11, where it ought to be.

25/01/2012 at 22:22

Oh you all put me to shame.  I should have done a run to work this morning but by the time I'd done faffing it was too late.   I shall try again in the morning.  Even Saffers got up and ran before work.

26/01/2012 at 09:34
I've sneaked on here at work to say  I did it -  I ran in this morning.  5 miles done.   I knew I had a towel at work and managed to find a shower.  Shame I didn't have a hair brush or hair dryer! 
IronM.in    pirate
26/01/2012 at 10:19
Well done Soupy - awesome stuff. I managed 2 miles last night and there doesn't seem to be too much pain this morning. Will try a little swim this evening.
26/01/2012 at 18:12
well done Soupy
26/01/2012 at 18:29
I did an hour on the bike coming home too!!   I think I'm getting fitter, but not faster.
26/01/2012 at 19:03
Nice going on the run, Soupy.  The judges will, however, deduct marks on the lack of organisation, but how many people noticed
26/01/2012 at 19:12
I'm thankful of having short hair Helen. A couple of minutes in front of the fan heater moved onto my desk did the trick though after I'd bought a hair brush from the WRVS shop.  Did anyone notice?  errrr- yes.  
26/01/2012 at 19:14

I've got to get my running better for September cos Ealing (my home town) is having a half marathon!!    <bounce, bounce>

IronM.in    pirate
27/01/2012 at 09:37
You'll be flying by then, Soupy!
27/01/2012 at 10:29
Isn't that cheating?

Sounds like some mighty fine plodding and cycling stuff going on. I myself have completed my required 6 miles (only 2 days late and I'm ignoring the 3 miler I missed yesterday) Can't say I'm in the groove this time round - the only reason Ashby sounds at all appealing is the promise of pizza - and it better be bliddy good pizza for all that effort!
27/01/2012 at 17:21

I beg your pudding !!

You're seriously telling me that it's the pizza that is the main attraction, not a meeting with me and the Far Far.....and possibly Soupy.....and possibly Helen ! ?

I'm shocked.

and hurt.

yes, shocked and hurt in equal measures !!

3,861 to 3,880 of 3,932 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.