RW Forum Six - Sub 5.30

Iron Min v Soup Dragon

3,901 to 3,920 of 3,928 messages
01/02/2012 at 18:22
Hmmmmmmm Pizza or Plodders? Anyone remember the chips or daddy? advert?

Whilst I'm sure you're all sparkling, witty, wonderful human beings there are easier ways to meet people than dragging myself around 20 miles worth of hills for the pleasure of your company - the pizza wins every time

Hope the stressy bits are lessy
02/02/2012 at 11:22

Morning.

Wise and true words again from DL .  Especially the bit about us all being sparkling, witty, wonderful.  

The stressy bits though are worser. I'm signed off for 2 weeks with stress at work.  I had a breakdown at work on Tuesday, had a complete panic attack with the room seeming to be caving in on me and finished up sobbing uncontrollably at my desk. This was triggered by my lovely boss coming in and announcing in front of everyone that I still had to do all the extra work and that it had to be done timely. A switch sort of clicked and I lost it.    Yesterday I felt pretty sh*t and tired but managed to drag myself out for a TI endless pool session (too expensive to miss) and I loved it which has perked me up a lot. And I'm able to share this now which I couldn't do yesterday. Sorry for yet more self indulgence. I think I need to do a run if I can drag myself out into the cold.  I'll report back later when I've done it.

02/02/2012 at 12:29

(((((((Soupy)))))))))

I really hope that your boss' boss is aware of her behaviour

And whilst I'm sorry your signed off with stress on the silver lining side you can get some good solid day time training in (not intending to sound trite BTW) especially as it seems to have lifted your mood yesterday to do the endless pool session...

take care of yourself - you haven't had much luck jobwise have you recently - this was supposed to be coming back to a "better" position wasn't it

02/02/2012 at 12:30
Last time I maxed out at work, found what I thought was a quiet corner outside to blub and a bunch of pupils came by..........how embarrassing was that?
02/02/2012 at 14:08
Oh ((((((((Soupy))))) how dreadful as Podds said hope boss' boss is in the know...hope you can get it sorted
02/02/2012 at 16:05

Thanks all. Yep she knows.........and says thats why I need an occy health referral cos she should be able to tell me what to do without me getting so stressed.  So its my fault!   I'm drafting up a formal grievance.  She is also being difficult about my July leave for Outlaw. But I'm made of stronger stuff than she thinks so I'll be fine I'm sure.   GP thinks I might be vitamin D deficient so had a blood test this morning.

But I've run. And feel better for it.

Podds - I agree with you entirely about getting time in for training. And I'm pleased only my office colleagues witness my embarrasment. Poor you.

02/02/2012 at 16:31

You sure are made of stronger stuff if you can face Outlaw

Ashby is full and guess who hasn't entered    not going to be the same without my pal the Far Far

02/02/2012 at 16:51

Spence, if you want to: Work out what details are required to transfer, I know someone in my club who's now not going. If you PM me with the details, I'll talk to her & get her number transferred to the dozy one. BTW - I'd better have a seat reserved for pizza after all this

02/02/2012 at 17:27

Oh HURRAH !

Thank you! Big hugs !!

I will tell the dozy one

02/02/2012 at 18:06
Helen you have a PM
02/02/2012 at 19:59
Helen, I've heard back from Ashby can you PM me your friends details ASAP please
02/02/2012 at 20:41

I hope the Far Far actually wants to run and didn't leave it too late accidentally on purpose cos it looks like she's in.

I just checked my run time and I did the 3.5 miles at 12.5 min miles - thats a pb so far this year.

03/02/2012 at 07:55

hahaha she's in whether she wanted to or not !!

03/02/2012 at 08:01
Spence, sorry, easily confused. Do you need my mate's number or not? help. brain frozen.
03/02/2012 at 19:20
Name and club please Helen
03/02/2012 at 20:12
(((((((soupy))))))) Hope the situation sorts soon.

((((JFF)))) hounded into submission by Spence <shudders>
06/02/2012 at 06:37

Spence - sorry to do this, but it appears the person who said they had a place has managed to give the place to someone else. grrr.

Sorry (again).

06/02/2012 at 14:13
Oh shit!
06/02/2012 at 14:19
 I know.  Sorry.
06/02/2012 at 14:43

No worries, not your fault!

It's norty Mrs Far Far not getting herself sorted

I've e-mailed them to see if they have any spare.

3,901 to 3,920 of 3,928 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.