RW Forum SIx – 3.30 – 4.00

Carterusm with Spoons

2,301 to 2,320 of 5,042 messages
23/05/2013 at 20:37

Hi Carter, Yes I think I am ready. Everybody keeps telling me I should be now...lol! Feeling a bit odd not running anywhere near as much as I have been, but just trying to get the right balance of nutrition in the taper. Just keeping the stretching and my few regular ITB exercises up, nothing strenuous.......Good to see your miles are rising Carter, what is your regular regime now to keep the ITB problems away?

Thanks Andrew, not bad splits for someone who's ankles just about to go ;0)

Good luck over the weekend Andrew, you too Carl, I hope you get the times you are after....

23/05/2013 at 21:16

Andrew an impressive session - looking forward to hearing about a great 10k time! Hope the Achilles holds out!

Carter - very encouraging from you, things seem to be improving more quickly now?

Carl - a bit inconclusive but it sounds more like bruising than any sort of strain or tear.. still reckon you'll be fine.

Nell - I'm a bit jealous! This is an exciting time just a few days before a marathon - I can't wait until my next one. Enjoy!

I have a super busy Bank Hol weekend ahead with Golf, Work, Kids Party over next 2 days & then off caravanning Sun -Tues. Hope to get a trail run in at The National Trust property we are camping at

23/05/2013 at 21:30

Updated race listings for 2013.

May 26th - Edinburgh marathon - Nell Blue

May 26th - Wallingford 10k – Andrew

May 27th - Bupa London 10k - Carl

June 2nd - Regents Park 10k Series - Carl

June 8th - Larne Half – Ricky

June 9th - Wargrave 10k - Andrew

June 9th - Southend HM - Oirish

June 19th - Lisburn Half - Ricky

June 22nd - Wales Trail marathon – Spoons

June 23rd - Toad Hall 10k – Andrew

June 23rd - Torbay half - Big_G

June 23rd - Hampstead Midsummers 10k - Carl, Bruno

June 30th - Thame 10k – Andrew

June 30th - Mersea Island around the Island race 12.2 mile XC - Oirish

July 6th – Para’s 10M Colchester - Oirish

July 7th - Regents Park 10k Series - Carl

July 7th - Lake Coniston half - Carter

July 14th – Dartford HM - Oirish

July 21st - Olympic Park Anniversary 5M - Carl

August 4th - Regents Park 10k Series - Carl

August 24th - Thames Meander Marathon - Oirish

August 25th - Torbay 10k - Big_G

September 1st - Regents Park 10k Series - Carl

September 8th - Langham 10K - Oirish

September 29th - Robin Hood marathon - Spoons

October 6th - Chester marathon - Carter

October 6th - Royal Parks HM – Carl

October 13th – Oxford HM - Andrew

October 20th - Yorkshire Marathon - Hannah

October 28th - Dublin marathon - Ricky, Bruno, Oirish and Carl

Edited: 23/05/2013 at 21:31
23/05/2013 at 21:40

Crikey that's a list and a half! I'll have a race to enter by the end of next week!!

23/05/2013 at 22:33
carterusm wrote (see)

5.5 miles for me this evening with 3 @ tempo. Was attempting to run at MP (8:30) on feel but the splits came out at 7:45, 8:03, 7:57. Blowing a bit at the end but another promising and confidence building run

Carter - some great splits from somebody with a dicky knee ...... great to see that the confidence is there to get some pace into the runs. Always challenging after an injury.

23/05/2013 at 22:45

Andrew - very best of luck for your 10k on Sunday. Going for sub 43 with a dodgy ankle. Amazing. Looking at your recent splits it looks like you are much faster than me so go for it I say. I have a sneaky feeling that you will be there or thereabouts.

Nell - best of luck for your marathon on Sunday. You have done the training so nothing more for you to do except turn up on the day and enjoy it. Make sure you do not go off too fast as you need to be in good nick at mile 20.  Looking forward to hearing your report on the race as it may be one to consider for next year. Have always wanted to go and visit Edinburgh so maybe this would be a good excuse.

23/05/2013 at 22:50

Ricky - crazy bust few days for you by all accounts. Yes very inconclusive but going to be on that start line on Monday morning. Have got to drive up to Liverpool on Saturday evening and back down on Sunday evening. My little fella is taking part in a football training session at Anfield. He will be so excited when he finds out. But the long drive will not be good 10k preparation. So it will be what it will be.  Last year when I broke the 50 min mark it was a sweltering hot day and I can remember having to stand in the shade of the tress on the mall while waiting for the race to start. Not so sure I will have that problem on Monday although they are forecasting taht it will warm up a litlle from these rather cold days we are having. Also last year, despite my best efforts I could not beat Mo Farah.

24/05/2013 at 09:32

Hi Carl/Ricky, Yes just relaxing at the moment. Funnily enough I have been tired this week. More than when I was training hard....Just going to try and stick with the garmin and behave myself and see what happens at mile 20 ;0)

Thanks for the advise guys and yes, get yourselves up here next year!

24/05/2013 at 09:59

Nell - best of luck Sunday. Do you know what the weather forecast is like for Sunday ?

24/05/2013 at 16:50

Thanks Carter, so far looking at 12-14C with 7-9mph wind. I'll take that! Course goes along the East Lothian coast, so hopefully a cool wind coming off the sea....

24/05/2013 at 17:17

Sorry gang - I'm really struggling to get online. Too busy at work and no internet at home. Have a good bank holiday and keep training hard!

24/05/2013 at 20:24

not wanting to brag Carl but I have beaten Mo Farah stay completing VLM this year I managed my greatest claim to running fame by completing a race that Mo entered and didn't finish (I'm choosing to ignore yet the fact that he never intended to finish!) 

getting myself a Physio ap sorted for next week to look at my achillies in case it is something more serious than just tightness

Nell, those conditions look pretty good! Sure you will do great

24/05/2013 at 20:27

...lol! That's what everyone keeps saying Andrew, which makes me nervous. But, thank you ;0)

Just popped around the corner and the digital road sign on the roadside was displaying the road closures message for the marathon.....little shiver down spine moment.

24/05/2013 at 22:55

Andrew - you should brag and brag even more. Just goes to show that when you don't put the effort in you cannot complete a marathon. You put the effort in and somebody else clearly did not. Need to be careful not to mention his name just in case he is reading this thread and decides to sue me.

24/05/2013 at 22:56

Nell - exciting times. Just one more day of rest relaxation and carb loading. Enjoy the experinece.

25/05/2013 at 11:14

Did not go out last night as it was chucking it down so went first thing this am. Not a great run if I am being honest. The ankle was quite sore so it made running difficult. I was trying out a support but am wondering if this was part of the problem as it would have restricted movement. Ran about 3.5 miles at 8:30 pace but really struggled to get any feeling of easy  into it. As the ankle was hurting I think I was try to compensate for it so it meant that my running style was all wrong.

really annoyed with myself at the moment as after my run on Wednesday I was feeling a lot more positive.

I am beginning to think I need to rest it to allow whatever damage I have done to repair itself. 

25/05/2013 at 13:28

Thanks Carl, Yes, just relaxing today. Went for an easy 2 mile run this morning to stretch the legs and just having a quiet day today.

Sounds like the ankle indeed requires a rest Carl.....I know it is not easy.

25/05/2013 at 17:11

Afternoon all. What a glorious day it is. I'm burnt already as I've been cleaning the gutters and jet washing the drive. I wasn't built for manual labour ! Just off to take the mutt for a walk and stopping off for a couple of shandies. Will then come home and sit in the garden and enjoy the weather. 

Best of luck to all of you racing at the weekend and make sure you take on board plenty of liquids. And, of course, don't go off too fast !

25/05/2013 at 19:49

Sounds like you may need to rest up a couple more days Carl 

I got out early for a little six miler this morning, but it was pretty warm even then!! I'm thinking the Salford 10k in September...will confirm once I've entered!! 

25/05/2013 at 23:00

Carter - I got a bit burnt also on my Golf outing yesterday ... great weather again today! No running though - I have been busy with work, kids etc all day & am only just in from getting things prepped for camping trip tomorrow.

Early AM run before I go hopefully.... then off to campsite (Van Morrison is on in the grounds of the National Trust property where we are staying tomorrow evening )... Hoping to get a trail run in on Monday/Tuesday while we're there.

Don't know what tinternet will be like at campsite  so Nell & Andrew all the very best for tomorrow & Carl for Monday!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.