RW Forum Six – Sub 3.30

Sarah Osbourne with Minni

1,581 to 1,600 of 2,270 messages
18/04/2013 at 19:02
Training Diary for Forum 6 sub 3:30 (VLM)

Week 15 (day 108) aim; rest day

Less than 72 hours to go...and counting. I cant believe its almost here, im getting all excited again.

Had a lazy rest day today. I was on a course in Sheffield this afternoon finishing my training for the insertion and removal of nexplanon. Ive finally done enough of both to be signed of as competent so I can now have my own clinics at my GP practice.

Doing this really took my mind of the big event on sunday although I did manage to get talking to two of my patients and my trainer about running some how!

Since getting back to my mums, ive unpacked and then repacked and made my tuna pasta ready for the journey down tomorrow morning. Most of my bag appears to be taken up with food!! Even though the carbo loading doesnt start until the morning, tonight its lasagne for tea.

Im sure I will get chance to come on here at some point tomorrow and saturday, but just incase I will wish everyone a good run on sunday now, good luck and thankyou for all your support...I couldnt have done as well so far without you.
18/04/2013 at 20:49
sarah osborne wrote (see)
Lol Minni....Malcs could be the leading man : )

Ha - even if I was the only runner I reckon I still wouldn't win .

Minni - I will certainly be online as soon as I can. I expect nothing less from everyone else too!

Sarah - from what you've said I think you're firmly in the organised category of packers!

I think my body must know that feeding time at the zoo is approaching. I'm effing starvin' now. Maybe I'm catching this off you?

Maybe a bit early to be looking but the weather looks pretty decent for Sunday, both here and in Wales. Got a bit more wind in Wales though!

It's been fantastic following your thread Sarah. Your energy and enthusiasm shines through in every post. You've trained magnificently well and if you don't get a seriously good time then something will have to have gone terribly wrong. 

Have a great trip down. Enjoy all the food over the weekend and have a fabulous race on Sunday.

18/04/2013 at 23:55
As soon as im capable of using my phone (and have a signal) Malcs I will post my time on here...thats a promise.

Dont be so harsh on yourself....I have faith in you, your definitely a winner in my eyes.

My mum made a huge lasagne for tea....everyone kept giving some of theirs to me, so I have been well and truely stuffed since 8 pm! glad you have your appetite back...ready for tomorrow.

I hope the weather man gets it right this time.

Thankyou Malcs, thats such a lovely thing to say...youve helped to make this thread and so many others so thankyou for being a fantastic part of mine and everyone elses journey.
Edited: 18/04/2013 at 23:56
19/04/2013 at 00:00
Finally got my official time from the first 5 miler last week 35;26 (11th lady) which im quite happy with as I didnt go all out and had aimed for 7 min mls.

My time for yesterdays race, according to my watch was 32;46 for 4.21 miles (didnt time the warm up) and my average pace was 7:47 (MP)
19/04/2013 at 06:23

Hi Sarah,

Well done on keeping to your plan on the 5 (4.21) miler!  Nice to say hello.  Although had to look a bit of silly sausage asking other females in your club, all who seem to have blonde hair, are you Sarah?   Anyhow, you're right I did drop out.  As said before the race I've not been feeling too good just had no energy.  I had a stomach bug that lasted for about a week leading up to the very hilly 5 miler, then this week suffered empty legs.  I think I'm just about over it now so can start to think about training again.  It's just one thing after another at present, but I have to try and remain positive and think there's many out there worse off.  I will be back and running strong soon for sure!  On that note have an excellent run on Sunday, keep strong, believe in your training and enjoy the atmosphere!  Best of wishes!!

19/04/2013 at 07:17
Hello,
Wow, so excited for all of u-- ur probably all on ur travels now
This is turning out to be a great training camp- not yet trained but gearing up for an early morning 5 miles. My relatives are vegan, so since arriving I have been too- will be interesting to see how this effects my energy levels for the week- so far so good- we had a lentil bake for dinner last night- it was yum
We are going out for dinner on Sunday night so at least I'll be able to have some meat after my 20 miler
Lots of luck and hugs etc pre race- cant wait to read all the race reports!
Xx
19/04/2013 at 08:22

Angela - have a great first run. If you are going to be eating lentils all week then it's not your energy levels you need to be concerned about 

Sarah - very kind of you to say so. I've had a blast from the minute bootcamp was announced.

Had the clippers out this morning and done my race haircut. Ummed and ahhed then just went for my usual style. 

So, let's start a carbo load sharing session. I'll get the ball rolling. So far today:

1 x bowl of all bran + 1 weetabix + museli. Wholemeal bagel + jam. 200ml orange juice.

Stuffed already

19/04/2013 at 08:24

Just popping in to say the very best of British Sarah!

You've done the training so time to trust in it. Nerves are a good emotion!

Have a great day!

19/04/2013 at 08:34

I've had some scrambled eggs   we'll be having Spaghetti Bolognese for tea and I'll have some pasta with pesto  at lunchtime.

All Bran Malcs?  You might be in the queue behind Angela.

I've taken today off to get ready.  Mrs P is feeling a lot better but I am in the beginnings of the sore throat  stage now.  we've decided against the wedding reception, so we'll get an early night and unless I'm actually dying we'll travel down tomorrow.  I did run Chester Marathon once with a cold, I managed 3:46 after severe cramping in the last mile.

Sarah I can only echo what Malcs has said, it's been hugely inspiring and entertaining following your training, great to pick up tips from Minni.

I bumped into Gazelle on the way roundlast year, I'll keep my eyes open at the start but I expect you'll be ahead of me all the way round even if I do manage 8mm pace.

I'll be onlkine all weekend, sad

19/04/2013 at 10:10

Best of luck Sarah for Sunday......just heading to the London expo now for a nosey. You're going to be amazing on Sunday.......unless you try and out eat Malcs in the carb-load.........that is one impressive breakfast and puts mine to shame!

19/04/2013 at 10:42

Just a quick fly-by to wish you good luck on Sunday, Sarah!

19/04/2013 at 11:42
Mr Puffy wrote (see)

All Bran Malcs?  You might be in the queue behind Angela. 

LOL - Good point! I'll switch to low fibre tomorrow just to be safe!

Really hope your cold subsides. 3:46 when ill is mighty impressive. I've not even come close to that fully fit! Sounds like a shed load of lasagne has already been consumed. 

Ady - I think she might give me a good run for my money and I think I'm almost twice her weight!

Carb update:  1 x choc milkshake = 56g carbs (a new experience for me and it was freakin awesome) . 1 x slice of toast with marmalade = 20g

Edited: 19/04/2013 at 11:43
19/04/2013 at 11:56
Hi all,

I'm at the Expo now - got my number and chip, picked up some freebies, had a massage and now just enjoying a cappuccino before I head off to Canary Wharf to meet Mrs A for lunch.

So far I've had a bowl of oat crunchies, two slices of toast with marmalade and a chocolate hobnob bar, plus a few energy bar samples at the Expo.
19/04/2013 at 14:37

Nice going Andy.

I have continued the bloat-a-thon with: 4 jelly babies, large plate of rice casserole, 200ml orange juice, a low fat yoghurt and a banana. 

19/04/2013 at 15:12
Choc milkshake is awesome- one of my favourite things about running!

So did about 5 miles today.... Very hilly
19/04/2013 at 15:30
i got a minni bump on my big toe but i'm sure it'll be fine on the gay.best wishes everybody jelly belly at the ready.
19/04/2013 at 16:04

Angela - excellent! And was it hot? Did you get the warm weather training you were looking for? 

Mid afternoon 'snack' consumed - bagel + jam, 400ml fruit juice and a banana. 

Minni & Sarah - hope you arrived safely in the big smoke.

Sarah - is it Rock of Ages tonight or tomorrow?

Edited: 19/04/2013 at 16:05
19/04/2013 at 16:25

Sarah (and others on here) - just wishing you a brilliant race on Sunday. Pop over to Minni's "other" 3:30 thread again if you have time .

If things go to plan I will hopefully be done 2 hours before you guys what with the time difference and our earlier race start. Spare a thought for me when you start ... I will likely be struggling then

19/04/2013 at 17:58
Hi Malcs not hot this morning - quite grey and dreary- not what I had packed for- dragged David around as well so had to keep looping back so I didn't lose him. The cloud/fog has cleared now to reveal wonderful views of the Pyrenees

Plan has 5 mile MP tomorrow but not sure about keeping pace in these hills or if David comes with me again... Hmmm
19/04/2013 at 20:02
Hi Malcs,

That's good going!

Here's the rest of my day so far

Lunch
Teriyaki chicken and rice + coke

Snack
Low fat yoghurt, banana, peanut butter cup, fruit smoothie

Dinner
Pasta with tomato and sausage, chunk of granary bread, fruit juice

I need one more really good snack before bedtime.
1,581 to 1,600 of 2,270 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.