Nice pace Will

24/01/2013 at 18:46

Another 4 treadmill miles...36:10......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

24/01/2013 at 19:46

Well done Rachel ! You should hopefully be able to run outdoors soon enough

24/01/2013 at 20:47

Thanks Carter!

24/01/2013 at 22:18

Well normality has returned here  - just back from steady 6 miler (8:15 pace).... no snow, no slush, no ice and warming up +4 deg C - positively tropical

24/01/2013 at 23:00
Thanks Ricky and good steady tempo run there for you...+4 - you must be on the channel islands! ;o)
24/01/2013 at 23:19

Will - good pace on your run the other day. How often do you run around Regents Park and what tiem do you run. I tend to run there in the evenings and yes this week have been on the road as footpaths too dangerous particularly during speedwork. Traffic can be a bit of a problem particularly on the northern section.

24/01/2013 at 23:42
Thanks Carl. I run there once a week on average (although twice this wk, am due a tempo run tomorrow lunch). Do you mean what time do I run for a lap (about 2.5 miles right)? Not sure as am usually doing a tempo but tomorrow is some easy miles and then 3 on the trot at 7'44 which if I can hit that will be about as quick a lap as I've done of the outer circle. How about you?
Cheerful Dave    pirate
25/01/2013 at 09:11

You'll be off the treadie soon Rachel, deadly dull but worth doing.

This weekend is the end of week 5 of your 18 week plan.  Here's the original plan for weeks 6 to 10:

Wk      Mon     Tues     Wed    Thur     Fri        Sat       Sun      Total
6          Off      5          4          5          Off      13        3          30
7          Off      4          5          5          Off      20        3          37
8          Off      6          6          6          Off      12        5          35
9          Off      6          4          4          Off      20        3          37
10        Off      6          6          6          Off      12        5          35

Week 8 is now where you have your half marathon on the Sunday, so that just shifts that weekend around (just a light run on the Saturday, race on Sunday).  Since you can't do your long run this weekend, there's a question of whether you should just skip it, or move it to next weekend.  That would mean successive weekends of 18, 20, race, 20, which is a tough series but would set you up nicely with 8 weeks to go.  Downside is a risk of overdoing it, but as you're running your long runs slowly you should be OK.  Lets see how you get on when you get back on the roads next week and then decide what the weekend will be.

26/01/2013 at 15:41
Will Cross 2 wrote (see)
Thanks Carl. I run there once a week on average (although twice this wk, am due a tempo run tomorrow lunch). Do you mean what time do I run for a lap (about 2.5 miles right)? Not sure as am usually doing a tempo but tomorrow is some easy miles and then 3 on the trot at 7'44 which if I can hit that will be about as quick a lap as I've done of the outer circle. How about you?

Will - Other than my intervals which I do on the running track at Parliment Hill, all muy other runs tend to involve the outer ring of Regents Park. I either run there and do laps and then back, or I incorporate it as part of my LSR's on my way back.

My tempo runs are getting a bit longer (speed section upto 25 mins within an overall 55 / 60 min run) and I have run the complete outer loop at 7:19 min / mile earlier this week. As I push the time up towards 45 mins during the next month I am hoping to maintain this speed but we shall see.

14 mile LSR for me today at 9:15 min/mile as part of my recovery week.

26/01/2013 at 18:40
Ur LSRs are getting faster Carl! Good sign if you are running them at the same effort - looks like you are seeing the benefits of the training to date.

6 miler at MP this afternoon - 8.26 pace. 16 mile LSR scheduled in for tomorrow anoon.
26/01/2013 at 18:52
Was slightly time pressured this morning so did the first part easy, pushed it a little in the middle and eased off again. Also it was only 14 miles so I figured a little bit faster would not matter too much in the grand scheme of things.
26/01/2013 at 21:26

"only" 14 miles - I love it loll..... bet you wouldn't have thought you'd be saying that a while back!

26/01/2013 at 22:26

27/01/2013 at 15:23

Right, the snow is gone and I have a little slot to run..the problem is I have a tiny niggle post dodgeball on Friday (we lost! ) I'm hoping it's going to be fine to run, so am not committing myself to any distance- will go out and see how it goes! Fingers crossed!!

PS I bame the slight calf niggle on not wearing compression socks for dodgeball!!

Cheerful Dave    pirate
27/01/2013 at 16:32
Did you forget one of the 6 D's of dodgeball, Rachel?

Snow has all gone here too, the heavy rain last night washed the last of it away. Lovely 16 miles in the sunshine this morning.
27/01/2013 at 17:30

I think my dodging skills were fairly ropey- I'm only good at running in a straight line!!

So...pleasant 8 miles run at 9:15 min mile. It felt very slow (I was wary of the niggle) so I was surprised it was a not unreasonable pace. I was aware of my calf, but it eased off as I ran and I did the last half mile at 8:00 min mile pace. Ahhhh the fresh air in my lungs- bliss!!!!

I think I will stick to the schedule this week, rather than shift the 18 miler, if that's ok Dave, what with the dodgeball injury and all, I don't want to risk it!!

Soooooo...good to be back running outside again, you just don't get that same "glow" with the treadmill!!

27/01/2013 at 18:21
Carl, 7'19 pm v good for the outer circle loop, nice one.

Some good solid training being done now the snow has gone peeps...
27/01/2013 at 18:24
Carl, 7'19 pm v good for the outer circle loop, nice one.

Some good solid training being done now the snow has gone peeps...

Got out today, after 4 hours sleep and a 21 hr day at work yesterday, but struggled due to tiredness and also down to the Richmond park hills which I am definitely not used too! Still, v happy with 18 miles @ 9'23 per mile.

Was the hardest run I've done by a long shot... Schedule back on track now
27/01/2013 at 18:47

Great running WIll- 18 miles- impressive!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.