RW Forum Six – Sub 4 Running Rachel with Cheerful Dave

441 to 460 of 1,200 messages
07/02/2013 at 18:12

Great that you're back out Ricky! I am literally counting the days till I (hopefully) get the all clear to get back on track! 

07/02/2013 at 19:24
Everything crossed for you Rachel! I feel ur frustration!
07/02/2013 at 20:17
Nice one Ricky and good fast mile at the end.

Hang in there Rachel...

Got out tonight and did 2 easy miles and 6 mile tempo run at 8'12. Foul weather again, cold and raining the whole way. Bugger off feb weather!
Cheerful Dave    pirate
07/02/2013 at 21:20

I've had to have another day off, still completely bunged up.  Not sure that Wokingham will happen for me at this rate.

Nice tempo there Will, especially in that weather.  Good to have you back on the road too Ricky.  Long run planned for the weekend, or building back up more slowly?  You have plenty of time...

07/02/2013 at 21:48

Keep your pecker up Rachel !

07/02/2013 at 22:28

Cheers Will - good run tonight there!

Dave - I missed my scheduled 17ml LSR last sun and was due a recovery week this week with only a 11ml LSR on sunday. So I have replaced this Sunday's 11miler with the 17miler that I missed. I did some fairly easy treadmill sessions on mon & tues this week to ease myself back in and then am back on the plan last night (hill session) and tonight (7miler). Does that sound ok?

I really enjoyed tonights run - 7 miles in 58.38 (8.23 avg pace for the run).... first 5 MP and upped the pace for a final 2 tempo (7.32 & 7.21)

Edited: 07/02/2013 at 22:29
08/02/2013 at 00:04

Interval session at the track after lights out for me tonight.

Mixed session. 1200m to start, followed by 2 x 800m , another 1200m and a tempo mile to finish.

Was tough at times but really pleased with it overall and feel really good since.

Rachel - hang in there and hopefully you will be back out there soon.

Dave - sorry to hear you are poorly. Must be very frustrating.

08/02/2013 at 21:17

Good session there Carl - I must say you seem to be progressing well in terms of both improving your speed/pace AND your endurance (some impressive LSRs already in the bag)!

I seem to showing some progress in terms of speed but feel I need to work on the endurance/LSR side of things... no LSR last week because of illness and a disastrous "bonk" near the end of the previous weeks 16 miler.

17 miler planned for Sunday morning - focusing on fuelling, hydration and a more disciplined 9.30 pace which will hopefully produce a more successful session

Good luck everyone with your LSRs this weekend!

Edited: 08/02/2013 at 21:17
08/02/2013 at 21:32
Yes, good luck with lsr everyone, fingers crossed for your 17 miler Ricky.. i have a very slack weekend run in prospect. A mere 13 miles at 8'50 pace...
08/02/2013 at 21:33

Planning a gentle run tomorrow- can't wait!

Great to see so many now well established on the thread! I'm thoroughly enjoying your journeys!!

08/02/2013 at 22:08

U must be in a step back/recovery week Will? I should have been at the same point but with 3 missed sessions last week I have shuffled things around.

Good luck tomorrow Rachel - makes you appreciate getting out for a run when you have had a period of curtailment doesn't it!? Go easy & enjoy

08/02/2013 at 22:24
I think so, the last two weeks have been upping mileage, this wk is much less but the pace of the lsr is 30 secs quicker per mile.. I guess really you have had your step-back wk early Ricky!
09/02/2013 at 10:33

10 miles @ 9:41 min mile, pleasant, maintainable infinitely (or so it feels!!) and so nice to be out in the fresh air. Hoping  to get out again for a  miler tomorrow, then at hosp. on Monday. Onwards and upwards!

09/02/2013 at 13:23
After a night out last night got up at 7am thi morning had some toast and out on the road.

20 miles at 9:38 min/mile pace.

Glad to be back in as it was cold and now it is raining.

Some good running going on here and great to see you back out Rachel. Best o f luck at the hospital on Monday.
09/02/2013 at 14:05

Great running Carl!

09/02/2013 at 15:07
Yes Will - u are spot on.. An early recovery week effectively last
week.

Great to be getting 20 milers in a this stage Carl - ur a machine!

Sounds like u had a great run Rachel & the time off has done you no harm whatsoever! Good luck on Monday.
Cheerful Dave    pirate
09/02/2013 at 15:10

Good to see you back out there Rachel.  I hope that felt fresh after a rest rather than tired after not running for a while.  Sounds like the former, which is a good sign.  Hope all goes well Monday.

Weather's not looking great for Wokingham tomorrow.  I've been resting to maximise recovery after being ill but if we get the rain/snow forecast I may have wasted my time!

Nice long run there Carl - good to get it done early.

09/02/2013 at 17:39
Ricky W wrote (see)

Good session there Carl - I must say you seem to be progressing well in terms of both improving your speed/pace AND your endurance (some impressive LSRs already in the bag)!

I seem to showing some progress in terms of speed but feel I need to work on the endurance/LSR side of things... no LSR last week because of illness and a disastrous "bonk" near the end of the previous weeks 16 miler.

Ricky - endurance is definitely the key for me and I guess this is what will count in trying to get the pb.

As my marathon is early April I have hit the 20 milers earlier than others with races in late April / May.

In my previous 2 attempts at the marathon I had only 1 20 miler in my plan and looking back on it now I did not do them very well. This time I have now got 3 under my belt, have another one with 8 miles MP planned for next weekend, a HM the weekend after and then spoons has me doing a 22 miler with 12 miles of MP followed by a 20 mile SLOW before going into my taper.

Now when he suggested it I thought it would kill me.

But I think the mixture of the tempo and interval sessions (which are tough) is what actually helps build the endurancve in these long LSR's.

Also my training plan has emerged as I have progressed. I never expected to run 6 20 milers with a HM thrown in during a recovery week.

But I am pleased with where I am at currently and trying not to gety ahead of myself. As you know this week I had to adjust my schedule and in a funny way it has helped me.

So it is natural to worry about the endurance but it will come. Keep putting in the quality sessions that you are and as the LSR's build up over the weeks you will amaze yourself.

09/02/2013 at 17:42

Dave - best of luck for Wokingham HM tomorrow assuming it goes ahead. What is your goal for the race ?

Cheerful Dave    pirate
09/02/2013 at 17:47
Carl, when I entered I was hoping to get close to 1:15 but given how this week has gone I'm not so sure.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.