RW Forum Six – Sub 4 Running Rachel with Cheerful Dave

461 to 480 of 1,200 messages
09/02/2013 at 18:37
Good work Carl and Rachel.

I got 13.1 mile run done at 8'48 pace, no stopping the clock either which I am prone to do! Felt good throughout really although you can feel the step-up in pace! As this was essentially marathon pace (bit slower) I am both chuffed and daunted if you know what I mean?!

Good luck tomorrow with lsr Ricky and everyone else...
09/02/2013 at 19:01
Dave - good luck tomorrow.. Unfortunately looks like filthy weather all over tomorrow. Ah well can't pick the weather in Feb I suppose.

Carl - appreciate the words of support ... the LSR is causing me some anxiety so I hope you're right!

Good running today Will.

I ran 7mls at MP this afternoon (8.32 pace avg) and felt good. 30 miles in the bank since Monday so hope it doesn't tell too much during tomorrow's LSR!
09/02/2013 at 22:01
Cheerful Dave wrote (see)
Carl, when I entered I was hoping to get close to 1:15 but given how this week has gone I'm not so sure.

Dave - I would need booster rockets on my trainers to get anywherer close to that time. Sometimes when training is not ideal we can pull a good race out of the bag. Anyway you have way more experience than any of us so am sure that you will give it your all anyway.

09/02/2013 at 22:05

Will - great running today. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will be surprised by how far you can get.

There is some really good advice on here that is hard to find in training plans you get on te internet so even if you only take some of it on board it will all help get some real quality training sessions behind you. And it is this quality that is the key to a good race.

10/02/2013 at 11:00
17.5 ml LSR done @ 9.22 avg pace. Last two MP. Felt very good indeed.

Soaked but v happy!
10/02/2013 at 14:00
10 miles MLR today at 7:53 min/mile average. 45 miles in total this week.

Much faster than I was told to run but it felt comfortable (which eas part of the instruction) and I am really happy with that having run 20 miles yesterday.

Dave - how did you get on at the Wokingham HM ? Have seen others post about it on other threads.
10/02/2013 at 14:00

Well done Ricky! Impressive stuff!!

How did those racing today get on???

10/02/2013 at 14:09
Must be a relief Ricky... Great effort

And Carl that's excellent pace for a 10 miler, nice one
Cheerful Dave    pirate
10/02/2013 at 14:30

Very nice Ricky, that'll be a big confidence boost!  And a very nimble 10 from Carl, especially as it's following up 20 yesterday.  What's your marathon target again?

1:16:08 at Wokingham, quite cold and wet but not nearly as bad as some of the forecasts said it might be.  The first few miles felt harder than they should but I got into a little group for miles 5-11, which was really good.  I lost them on the last of the little rises over the motorway bridges but kept it together well enough.  No complaints from me!

10/02/2013 at 15:16

1:45:48 for me at Liversedge.

Snow to start with and a very hilly course indeed so chuffed with a 2 min PB !

10/02/2013 at 15:32

Well done Dave and Carter! 

Good to see a PB Carter- the training is obviously paying off!

Dave- your pace simply isn't human!! 

Hopefully out for a gentle 3 miles in a bit...

10/02/2013 at 15:59
Cheerful Dave wrote (see)

Very nice Ricky, that'll be a big confidence boost!  And a very nimble 10 from Carl, especially as it's following up 20 yesterday.  What's your marathon target again?

1:16:08 at Wokingham, quite cold and wet but not nearly as bad as some of the forecasts said it might be.  The first few miles felt harder than they should but I got into a little group for miles 5-11, which was really good.  I lost them on the last of the little rises over the motorway bridges but kept it together well enough.  No complaints from me!

Dave - well done on your time considering the week you have had.

I am hoping to get 3:45 or under. Not sure that the HM I am doing in 2 weeks will give me much guidance as it is a very hilly course with some off road sections.

10/02/2013 at 16:59
Great speedy 10 Carl - nice one - esp on the back of ur LSR yesterday!

Well done Dave - a ridiculously fast time... There are those with ability and then there are us!

Job done Carter - great PB on that 'mountain' course.

And yes Will - very much a relief to nail the LSR this morning!
10/02/2013 at 18:01

Recovery run of 3 miles at 9:10 min mile done.  

10/02/2013 at 18:07
Good 1 Rachel - ur back in business ...
11/02/2013 at 11:59

Sooooo annoying! On way for hospital appointment and got a call to say it was cancelled as the DR was ill!!  I have to wait for a new appointment now. Botheration...I may as well put the cards on the table here and say that my "medical issue" is alopecia. I have had bald patches in the back of my hair since mid December. They have grown since, though it is still disguisable if I tie my hair back. My problem is that I am concerned that my last marathon was the trigger for it, as I was very run down afterwards....but I REALLY want to run anyway, hence me taking it easy (lt's face it I've been running for almost 10 years now with no prior problems.) Anyway, I'm not sure where that leaves me now. Needless to say I am in good spirits, and I know that there are people going through far worse stuff. 

Bother, bother, bother!!

11/02/2013 at 12:17

Hi Rachel. Good on you for sharing that with us. I dont know anything about alopecia really so cant really offer any helpful advice. If the issue may have been caused by being run down from your last marathon then plenty of decent training this time might make it easier for you to recover ? Good to see you staying positive anyway

11/02/2013 at 16:12

Thanks Carter. I'm planning on running tomorrow anyway, I can't put my life on hold! I'm sure as long as I keep it easy-ish for now it will be fine. 

11/02/2013 at 19:13
Exactly. And don't forget you need to do your training or you will be buying me a beer when I kick your ass at Manchester !!
11/02/2013 at 20:37
Hey Rachel, well done for sharing, v brave. Afraid I don't know anything about it but perhaps there will be docs on rw who can advise??? You'd think there must be someone qualified lurking on these forums... Good on you to keep running but think you are right to take it easy for now...
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.