RW Forum Six – Sub 4 Running Rachel with Cheerful Dave

481 to 500 of 1,200 messages
11/02/2013 at 21:16

Hmmm, got round Folksworth 15 in 2hr 10 min yesterday, feeling it today mind, definitely doing 9.30-40 pace at least at Bramley on Sunday, need to be disciplined!

11/02/2013 at 21:59
Rachel - very frustrating for you as uncertainty in these types of things always plays havoc with the mind. You must be a very strong person to be able to share this with all of us. Well done you.

Very difficult to give you advice on this as only you know how it is affecting you but it is great seeing you back running.

Don't feel under any pressure from us lot to feel you need to perform.

Just take it every day as it comes and do what you feel up to.
11/02/2013 at 22:49

Rachel - it's good you are taking advice from the docs... I'm sure they will diagnose & treat and this will put your mind at rest..... us blokes would probably ignore it which is never good! A problem shared is a problem halved and all that..... I'm sure you will sort things out all in good time.

3 mile recovery run for me tonight on the treadmill.

12/02/2013 at 08:51
Well done Simon! Discipline is something we all struggle with I think!
12/02/2013 at 10:07

Thanks for all your kind comments! Hoping to get out for a 4 miler later, till then it''s half term,so I'm off shopping!

Carter, mate, although you may have a temporary advantage being able to train at your max, I may yet arise pheonix like and show you up!! :P

12/02/2013 at 12:39

Rachel - I am nowhere near my max yet 

Cheerful Dave    pirate
12/02/2013 at 16:20

Carter's peaked too early Rachel, you'll be just coming into your prime at the right time.  Good to see you back running, it must be frustrating not knowing what's going on (not to mention appointment cancellations!) but everything will get sorted one way or another in due course.  Just try & enjoy your running in the meantime.

12/02/2013 at 16:46

Well said Dave!! Hope you've read this Carter!! Mwah ha ha ha................

Just trying to motivate myself to go out and run- why is it so cold??

12/02/2013 at 19:12
Tempo session this evening:

6 miles @ 7.49 pace ( 1st mile warm up @ 8.28 and last 5 tempo @ 7.41 avg)

Good session if a little windy on the way back. Dry Tarmac for a change
though!
12/02/2013 at 19:31
Very good session there Ricky.

For my part intervals before work today; 12 x 0.25 miles at 6'54 pace.. With 90 sec RI between each...
12/02/2013 at 21:44

Good running Ricky and Will.

Dave - I'm still only firing at 70%

Rachel - did you make it out tonight for your 4 miles ? And why do you have to go shopping just because it's half term ?? 

12/02/2013 at 23:20

Crackin speed there Will - don't think I've ever seen sub 7 m.ml pace on my watch yet!

Have a hill session tomorrow night - might run a fast mile home from it and see if i can crack sub 7 for a single mile....

12/02/2013 at 23:44
Thanks Ricky! Was supposed to be 7'05 pace but pushed the boat out as felt good... First time I've gone sub 7, there's something to be said for all this training lark eh! Bon chance, bet you do it no problem
12/02/2013 at 23:59

Tempo session for me tonight. 8 miles in all in awful conditions. Very cold, icy underfoot in places and a swirling wind. 4 miles at 7:18 min.mile pace and overall pace was 8:08 min/mile.

Will - great pace from you today. Really good session.

Carter and Rachel - Does Manchester know you two are coming ?

13/02/2013 at 08:44
Thanks Carl, it is much easier when running 400m intervals though! Brill tempo run for you, 4 miles at 7'18 is excellent
Cheerful Dave    pirate
13/02/2013 at 09:11

There's some very good quick stuff going on from Ricky, Will & Carl.  This is what makes it so difficult to work out what your marathon pace really is!  Back that speed up with endurance over the next weeks and you should all be confident of beating your marathon targets, even seeing a bit more sub 7 on those watches!

13/02/2013 at 22:20

Woke up this morning feeling crap. After a day at work dosing myself have given into the dreaded manflu. No run tonight. Am hoping to clear this quick so that I can run both on Saturday and Sunday. with a tough HM to come a week on Sunday I cannot afford to be out too long but cannot afford to rush going back out and risk being ill for longer.

I blame the extreme cold during last nights run.

13/02/2013 at 22:28

A few days off now will save weeks off if you try & run through it  - so that's smart training Carl

Ran 4.5 miles tonight which included a hill session mid run and then a threshold mile on the way back home.

Will - Managed to drag my 14st carcass home in  6.57 for that threshold mile (HR 166 bpm) so delighted with that - first time i've gone sub 7 since my return to running. Wooohooo

14/02/2013 at 01:20
Awesome Ricky, well done that man! Celebrated with a pint I hope?!
14/02/2013 at 10:10
CheerS Will - a big pint of iced water! I have been v good and have abstained from the grain since Xmas! Actually ran past my 'local' on my magic mile .... A Pint was the last thing on my mind at that point!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.