RW Forum Six – Sub 4 Running Rachel with Cheerful Dave

981 to 1,000 of 1,200 messages
19/04/2013 at 23:29
Will - best of luck on Sunday. Very exciting.

Ricky - great running from you at the moment and a 10k race on Sunday as part of your taper. All looking good at the moment for you.

RWTW - good to see that you are back and as other advice. If you don't put too much pressure on yourself you might be pleasantly surprised.

Dave - best of luck on Sunday. Am assuming that you are trying to get below a certain time ?

Dd - really unfair that work did not think about your marathon training when they planned your trips. But no point stressing about it as that is just negative energy. Do what you can and you will be fine on the day.

A progressive 5 miler for me tonight on the hills and down by the harbour while home on holidays. First mile at 8:00 min and the fifth mile at 7:13 min with 7:33 min/mile average. Was a really tough run with the first mile being all uphill which meant my breathing was all over the place but it felt good afterwards.

Another run planned for Sunday when back in London and then will ease myself into my 10k training plan - which I have not worked up yet either - during next week. 5 weeks to my 10k race. Should be plenty of time.
19/04/2013 at 23:59

14 miler felt ok Will - not overly tired although wind & rain made it tough enough at times..

Carl that's a good run - similar to mine tonight albeit mine was just a 4 miler... first couple miles uphill - 7.35 avg pace. I would say if you look after the hammy you have a great base to start 10k training from and I will be expecting sub 45mins from you in 5 weeks time!

fairly big 10k for me on Sunday - 1300+ entered already with more expected to enter on the day.... all new territory for me! I have never raced shorter than 10 miles! Maybe I should just sprint it and hang on?

20/04/2013 at 09:20

Exciting ust be building for you guys running on Sunday now!!! Can't wait to see how you do!!!

I took advantage of the glorious weather and did 8 miles @ 9 min mile this morning. I'm amazed my fitness hasn't suffered despite the inconsistency in my running over recent months (though I am trying to sort that now!!) I am so desperate to enter another race, but as I said over on Carter's thread, I'm going to wait till my hair is properly resolving first (though each week is getting better!) I am due at the derm. again in about 3 weeks, so am hopeful that I will get some encouraging news!

20/04/2013 at 09:45
Good running Rachel. It's glorious here too today and I'm looking over at the peaks right now and would be up there if it wasn't for my knee. And my Manchester race number has just arrived too Hey ho, we're off out to buy 3 new chickens today instead !
20/04/2013 at 11:49
Ricky - best of luck on Sunday. You will do great. Sub 45 mins is going some. Not sure I could have maintained my pace yesterday for another mile and a bit but who knows. 10k training will feel strange and as you say if I can keep the hammy ok it would be fun to try and get sub 45. Did not even think about the hammy last night and am not feeling any effect. Need to introduce a core stretching routine as I suspect that I do not do quite enough.

Rachel - great running from you. You have done so well to get back and you are showing hat once you are able to settle on a race you have got a good base from which to build on.

We have started a list of races that people are doing over on carter's thread so feel free to add yours to that once you are ready.
20/04/2013 at 12:55

Thanks guys!

The number is a bit of a sad reminder Carter, but come October, you'll be back on top form! Hope the chicken shopping (!!!??!) went well!

20/04/2013 at 16:05
Thanks everyone, Ricky good luck for your 10k..

One more q, it looks like being blue sky from 10-midday tomorrow. I've got an Adidas running cap that I wore for 7 miler last Saturday in case it was sunny but am now thinking sunnies may be better in terms of head not over heating.

Any thoughts/experience?
20/04/2013 at 17:50
Cap for me it helps keep the swat away from the eyes
Cheerful Dave    pirate
20/04/2013 at 17:52
Will, if you haven't trained with it all winter now isn't the time to start with it. It's not going to get so hot that you'll get burnt, so save it for afterwards. I've worn one in ironman races when the marathon is on a hot summer afternoon and I always end up taking it off.

Have a good one tomorrow.
20/04/2013 at 19:57

Good luck for tomorrow everyone!!

20/04/2013 at 20:35
Thanks dave and dd, good luck tomorrow
20/04/2013 at 21:27

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

20/04/2013 at 22:30

handy link for tracking VLM tomorrow:

http://results-2013.virginlondonmarathon.com/2013/

Will - 47136

Dave - 821

20/04/2013 at 23:12

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow. 

Will be at a footie match from about 10am but will keep an eye on events via updates from here and the tracking site if I can get it to download on the phone.

21/04/2013 at 09:01

*Go Will, go Dave, go Will, go Dave* 

Cheering you on!!! Wooooohoooooooooo!!!!

21/04/2013 at 11:00

dave thru 10k in 36.36

21/04/2013 at 11:35

Dave thru halfway in 1:18.18

Will thru 15k in 1:23.38

21/04/2013 at 12:16

Will thru halfway in 1:58.26
Dave @ 35k - 2:09.57 ... wow.. estimated finish time 2.36!

Might be last from me until later - off out to my 10k soon.

21/04/2013 at 13:01

Thanks for the updates Ricky- technology is beyond me, so it's much appreciated!! I guess they'll be finishing soon? Anyone know??

Oh, hope the 10K goes well!!!

21/04/2013 at 13:24

Just back in from footie. Getting very frustrated with RW website. It is taking ages to load. Really struglling to pick it up on my phone which never used be the case.Is it just me or do they need to sort it out ?

So Dave is having a stormer and Will is doing great.

What a nice day for a stroll down the embankment !!!!

981 to 1,000 of 1,200 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.