RW Forum Six – Sub 4.30

Emmy Bug with Flatfooted

141 to 160 of 300 messages
22/01/2013 at 13:15

Emmy - LOL at your tights splitting, complain to Skins, they're not cheap

Yes, did Richmond the first year but DNF'd at 12 miles, it was the most appalling f*** up of race organisation I've ever known. 

22/01/2013 at 14:07

Emmy, Sweatshop are doing Skins half price at the mo, you might want to get some fancy pants to go under the old ones.... I also did Richmond in their first year, and also DNF'ed, I had done a 33 miler the day before and there was no way I was getting round with so few water stops on a hot day. I think they made some changes last year, but it clashes with my favourite race of all, North Dorset Villages Marathon.

22/01/2013 at 14:11

2 of the very worst things you can do as an event organiser is 1) have the course way too long and 2) not enough water

22/01/2013 at 14:14

One big plus was being led out by a chap in a gorilla outfit on a bike though.

23/01/2013 at 12:59

KateF - LOL, yes I remember the gorilla, that was funny.   North Dorset is one of my favourites too

Sister BH - I disagree, the worst is to have a course that is short, technically not a marathon then

23/01/2013 at 13:32

Thanks girls! (and not forgetting you, Weedy!). After a few embarrassing emails - I received a pair of tiger pants this morning from a colleague who was there on Monday night.

@Weedy - The couple after the nosebleed might have thought that you had being attacked?

@Shades - You're right. Unfortunately, I threw them in the bin at the hotel... they were incriminating evidence

I'm hoping that Richmond will have improved this year after realising their issues. When was the first year, by chance? I'd love to do the North Dorset Marathon but it's just a little too far for me to travel.

So... i had a long lie in this morning as my train was delayed yesterday night so the plan is to do a core workout tonight followed by a run tomorrow morning.

I'm going to put the call out here...and hope that FF doesn't kill/disown me.

Is anyone interested in running Pilgrims next weekend? 2 days, 66 miles?... Anyone? A friend of mine who was planning to do it with me has got issues with childcare so might not be doing it.... so i was wondering if others were?

23/01/2013 at 21:44
Emmy H wrote (see)

Is anyone interested in running Pilgrims next weekend? 2 days, 66 miles?... Anyone? A friend of mine who was planning to do it with me has got issues with childcare so might not be doing it.... so i was wondering if others were?

Emmy, you're like a force of nature! FF has their work cut out, that's all I can say.
It's a bit too far south for me I'm afraid. If it was nearer I might have considered one of the days.

24/01/2013 at 08:14

@Weedy - I'm already looking at the Hadrian Wall ultra; thanks to you I'm not a force of nature... just easily persuaded

At the moment nothing is confirmed.... i'm still waiting to see what FF says.

24/01/2013 at 08:17

Emmy - I think 2011 was the first year of Richmond..as I DNF'd it's not on my race results spreadsheet...LOL

66 miles in two days, off road, no thanks!

24/01/2013 at 08:41

Hi Shades - is that just because it has "off road" in it?

24/01/2013 at 09:04
Emmy H wrote (see)

@Weedy - I'm already looking at the Hadrian Wall ultra; thanks to you I'm not a force of nature... just easily persuaded

Brill. I'm doing the two days if you fancy that. Been recce-ing the route in stages with a couple of folks who are also doing it. We've done the Carlisle to Lanercost bit and we're meeting up this Saturday to do the Lanercost to Vindolanda section.
Here's a video I found of last year's run. Just ignore the fact it's raining. It won't be like that this year, I promise .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LTY4g9KkEw&feature=player_embedded

24/01/2013 at 09:09

Too short is, of course, what I meant Shades - apologies I was more than a little brain dead yesterday  I have a conundrum at work and it's causing my bonce to fry.......

As for Emmy, easily persuaded - I think you'll find, young lady, that it's you putting ideas in others heads from what I've witnessed

24/01/2013 at 13:14

Emmy - probably but I'm trying to avoid doubles although I have to do a couple of them this year.   After that I just want to do single events.

When are you signing up to do a 10 in 10 then?

Sister BH - LOL

24/01/2013 at 14:55
Sister Bad Habit wrote (see)

Too short is, of course, what I meant Shades - apologies I was more than a little brain dead yesterday  I have a conundrum at work and it's causing my bonce to fry.......

As for Emmy, easily persuaded - I think you'll find, young lady, that it's you putting ideas in others heads from what I've witnessed

Moi?!  I can assure you that i'm only partly responsible 

Talking of that i've just signed up to London 50KM.... It's instead of the eco trail de Paris. It's cheaper AND in February... so more time for recovery between then and Paris. Oh... and I can use my camelbak.

SHADES wrote (see)

Emmy - probably but I'm trying to avoid doubles although I have to do a couple of them this year.   After that I just want to do single events.

When are you signing up to do a 10 in 10 then?

Sister BH - LOL

Umm... I was considering applying for next year. I'm just not sure that I could handle 10 days of it. I'm not as hard as the others that have done it.
Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
Emmy H wrote (see)

Brill. I'm doing the two days if you fancy that. Been recce-ing the route in stages with a couple of folks who are also doing it. We've done the Carlisle to Lanercost bit and we're meeting up this Saturday to do the Lanercost to Vindolanda section.
Here's a video I found of last year's run. Just ignore the fact it's raining. It won't be like that this year, I promise .

It's a real temptation.... but i'm just not sure of the timing/cost. I really want to do TD's trek from Bratislava to Brussels and might need to save some holiday.

24/01/2013 at 14:58
Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

*watches video*.... Runs away and hides....

24/01/2013 at 15:04

"Not as hard as the others that have done it" - you forget, my love, that I know an awful lot of the TiT's from past years as well as this year

Don't rule yourself out lol!!!

24/01/2013 at 15:06

Of course, I am talking about the Brathay challenge, there is of course the new Irish 10 in 10 so other 10 in 10 events are available

Edited: 24/01/2013 at 15:06
24/01/2013 at 15:12

Yeah, But Foxy, Kaz and Davey are all completely hardcore nutters... i consider myself a minor debutant in the making

Before I even consider something like the 10in10 - I want to do a few more multi days (like the quad ) to get the experience in my legs. I'm hoping that with the triple in may and a few more - I can handle it a lot better mentally. I guess I'm a sucker for preparation and 'doing things right'. After seeing a lot of people crash and  burn - I want to make sure that I don't do that.... well at least try not to!

Talking about training in general - I need to get my ass back in the gym. I was thinking of doing an interval session on the dreadmill so that I can control the speed better - can anyone recommend any workouts?

25/01/2013 at 08:21

Emmy - I'm probably going to do a couple of days of the Irish 10 in 10 so I'll let you know what it's like.   As far as I know there is no obligation to raise any money for charity whereas with Brathay, the fund raising is the toughest part, plus you may not get a place as it's heavily oversubscribed now.

Edited: 25/01/2013 at 08:21
25/01/2013 at 09:21

The fundraising is massively difficult for Brathay, I'm trying to help 2 of them  for this year out at the moment although my latest venture seems to be being quite well received. The other thing with the Irish one is that you *can* enter individual days - you can't do that with Brathay and they have quite an in depth selection process as they have large volumes of applications but only ever 15 or so runners - there's 16 this year.

I love the Lakes though and am heading up there for the whole thing as extra support - hence the taxi service

141 to 160 of 300 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.