RW pacer at VLM 2013

What will there be?

5 messages
JJ2
15/10/2012 at 12:45

I'm sure I've read about & seen RW pacer groups at various races but I can't find any info on the site about what speeds they are & how to find them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction plase?

15/10/2012 at 12:57

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/rw-pacers-leading-the-way/6407.html

there you go, from 7 minute miling to run and walk which is I believe 11 minute miling 5 minutes/ walk 1 minute average pace 12 minute miling

JJ2
15/10/2012 at 16:46

Thanks

08/01/2013 at 15:42

There are 10 paces - fastest is 6.52min/mile, slowest is 11min/mile (plus the run/walk group) - multiple pacers per pen and a larger overall team of pacers this year (of which I am one) - In addition there are the five run-up half marathons at which the team will be pacing: Watford, Race-Your-Pace Dorney Lake, Great North-West Half (Blackpool), Silverstone and Brentwood.

08/01/2013 at 16:04

What sort of split of run to walking does the run/walk group do?  Someone suggested I use it and currently I'm doing run 4, walk 2 but I may have to alter that depending on how my knee holds up.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.