Seeking Accommodation for Boston Marathon

if anyone is cancelling or has a double booking.

3 messages
16/02/2013 at 08:16

HI all!

New poster here, so I hope I have done it correctly!

I just got cleared (knee injury) to run Boston, and have flights, however, I am now faced with the accommodation situation (not like Paris or Berlin, man, Boston gets booked out BIG time eg: 900 pounds + for 3 nights anywhere near downtown). So now I know to book even before you qualify! (Hotel 140 looks like an excellent deal if anyone is booking for 2014, almost opp finish).

If anyone is cancelling (not that I wish anyone ill) or relinquishing a double booking, I would love to know.

Also - travelling alone and from Australia if anyone feels like pasta or a run buddy! Aiming for sub 3hr 30.

Cheers

16/02/2013 at 09:08

Felicity - this may be a long shot now given the proximity of the race but have you tried  www.airbnb.com?

It is a chain of upmarket B&B's worldwide - we have used them in the UK and I booked 6 nights in Boston  for £360 total. This was across the river, 3 miles north of the race finish area and not far from the international airport (east of the Harvard area if that makes sense).

You get  a choice of rooms in private apartments or even whole apartments so somebody might just have a room to fill .....I'll email the place where we are staying and see if she has a vacancy as well.

16/02/2013 at 13:34

Felicity - the lady who is giving us accomodation over the Boston w/e just texted me back: can you give exact travel/accomodation requirements and she will contact a friend of hers "down the road" ?

No promises - but you may be lucky....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.