Slygo

The 7th SuperSix

101 to 120 of 296 messages
LIVERBIRD    pirate
17/11/2009 at 12:43

I'm going to have a go at some parkruns Vicki.

Once this bloody SF heals that is....

For now I shall content myself with pie.

17/11/2009 at 12:59
LB - Where's the nearest parkrun?

I've got to find a way to help my distance. I tend to fade quite quickly after 10 miles. I have always been more of a sprinter than a distance runner.

I have found that since I joined my running club, my distance has started to improve. I have only been a member for about 8 weeks, so I hope it continues to help, but I think I need to look at some sort of structure. Right now, what I normally do is;

Mon - Circuit training
Tue - running club
Wed - Rest
Thur - Running club or circuits
Friday - Quick 4 miles
Sat - rest
Sun - LSR.

I am getting a 305 for Christmas, so hopefully that will help too.
LIVERBIRD    pirate
17/11/2009 at 13:13
lfc runner wrote (see)
LB - Where's the nearest parkrun?
Manchester I believe.
17/11/2009 at 13:16
I'd run just to get out of Manchester.
17/11/2009 at 13:19

lfc - Here you go.. parkrun events 

17/11/2009 at 13:22
Thanks Mr K. Manchester is the closest.
LIVERBIRD    pirate
17/11/2009 at 13:25
I'll get my gun. You'll be fine LFC!
17/11/2009 at 13:29

parkruns are cool - that's where I started - at Cardiff in feb (had to take a detour to wee behind a tree after taking the drink loads of water before you run advice too seriously!)

I can reveal - that I'm on the lucky six to be shortlisted- on lunch break from work so can't say much now - but I will slog my guts out to improve and to share everything I learn from there and from people like you guys on the forum.

I'll be online properly tonight - so please anything you need to know (e.g. re ipod runners,!!! or other stuff) just give me a shout

17/11/2009 at 13:43
http://www.sockshop.co.uk/cms_media/images/img_0050.jpg

• Pretty slipper socks for pretty feet
  • Cotton rich for comfort
  • With slip-resistant tread
  • With the wording “Let Your Heart Dream” and a sweet Snow White design
  • Only £7 - One size fits all .
  • Available from SockShop
  • 17/11/2009 at 14:22
    Bargoed Backmarker wrote (see)

parkruns are cool - that's where I started - at Cardiff in feb (had to take a detour to wee behind a tree after taking the drink loads of water before you run advice too seriously!)

I can reveal - that I'm on the lucky six to be shortlisted- on lunch break from work so can't say much now - but I will slog my guts out to improve and to share everything I learn from there and from people like you guys on the forum.

I'll be online properly tonight - so please anything you need to know (e.g. re ipod runners,!!! or other stuff) just give me a shout

Are we to expect thread infiltration all over the website now from shortlistees as they drum up support.
    17/11/2009 at 14:59
    bit harsh andy? he's just showing willing?
    17/11/2009 at 15:18

I think Andy meant to stick one of these at the end of his post

But of course my post (re Snow White socks) is deadly serious !!

ImRio    pirate
    17/11/2009 at 15:20
    andy sly wrote (see)

Are we to expect thread infiltration all over the website now from shortlistees as they drum up support.

No!
    LIVERBIRD    pirate
    17/11/2009 at 15:45

Rio - you're not an infiltrator! LOL!

17/11/2009 at 15:47

Was only in jest !

Reserving my bitter and twisted side for RW competition organisers 

17/11/2009 at 15:55

Hello

Think ill lurk here too

any chap who can run those sorts of times with a hangover has my respect, AND you survived Balckpool 206

I have done a few more marathons than you have, so happy to tell you what NOT to do

LIVERBIRD    pirate
    17/11/2009 at 15:58

I can't run with a hangover at all.

I usually wind up crying, promising i'll never drink again and I dream about someone coming along with a saline drip and stand to sort me out.

But they never do and I have to suffer alone.

17/11/2009 at 15:59
    I had it easy at that Blackpool run, no water issues atr the front but it must've been horrendous further back.
    I stopped for a few after the race and ended up with a suntan mark in the shape of the medal with a blurry blackpool wrote on my chest through the cut-out part. Damn hot !
    17/11/2009 at 16:00
    Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.
    17/11/2009 at 16:02

From memory I did Dublin '04 after getting in wrecked at 3am or so, can hardly remember any of it, though do remember on race morning a policewoman p***ing herself laughing when i stumbled along and asked her which way it was to the start

101 to 120 of 296 messages
    Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.