Slygo

The 7th SuperSix

141 to 160 of 296 messages
17/11/2009 at 21:01
Vicki: Graceless Whippet wrote (see)

that's 9 miles a gallon,

how many for your marathon warm up then?

Still unsure about Sunday, thought veering towards the drive up on the morning.

Plan:

Wednesday: should be rest, depends if bored may do 30 mins.
Thursday: 40 mins hard intervals
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Possible 2 or 3 miles then day at football, may have a cheeky pint or 5

17/11/2009 at 21:06
Like the schedule - is it scientifically proven to work andy?? I could well be tempted
17/11/2009 at 22:19
They were asking for volunteers for marshalling at the club tonight. I'm not sure if I should or not as obviously I'll be guaranteed to see you all, but would kind of like to be more "fluid" and chat with some of the other support crew. They were mentioning it might not be needed at all points after about 3 laps as you should know where you're going by then . Although, the support would still be nice for you guys. Not sure how I'd feel in a race if it seemed like the marshalls had buggered off.
17/11/2009 at 22:33
After so many laps the marshalls will be invaluable as we get dizzier 
LIVERBIRD    pirate
18/11/2009 at 09:40
Vicki: Graceless Whippet wrote (see)
Now why did that pop up in my mind with you, a garden hose and a barrel of wine

18/11/2009 at 09:54
I could have done with that.
18/11/2009 at 12:02
Morning all, rest day for me today. First non-running day since 27th October.
18/11/2009 at 13:39

Is that total rest or just non-running?

What is your race plan for Sunday?

LIVERBIRD    pirate
18/11/2009 at 13:40

"rest" day for me too.

*translation*  - cleaning the house.

My HR is probably at the same level as a tempo run!

18/11/2009 at 14:38

Rest day for me three. Exactly the same as LB though, have to get the house tip top as it's Jack's birthday on Saturday and will have a house full of people who I'd be embarrassed to invite in in it's current state. I'm doing canny so far. Think I'll hide everything in the play room and lock the door .

Andy - yes, afraid it's not looking too good on the weather front. It's not even necessarily that there are puddles (some are deep and unavoidable), it's that the water is cold! Coold feet is no good for a marathon. Don't know if you currently use anything to prevent blisters, but perhaps copious amounts of vaseline may be worth a shot (I don't usually use anything and find my feet slide if I do!)

18/11/2009 at 14:48
Mr. K. wrote (see)

Is that total rest or just non-running?

What is your race plan for Sunday?

Yeah, total rest, been out with dog then just been on my arse playing FiFA. Plus 2 very nice runny  fried egg butties
18/11/2009 at 14:49
kaysdee www.justgiving.com/kelly-dodds wrote (see)

Rest day for me three. Exactly the same as LB though, have to get the house tip top as it's Jack's birthday on Saturday and will have a house full of people who I'd be embarrassed to invite in in it's current state. I'm doing canny so far. Think I'll hide everything in the play room and lock the door .

Andy - yes, afraid it's not looking too good on the weather front. It's not even necessarily that there are puddles (some are deep and unavoidable), it's that the water is cold! Coold feet is no good for a marathon. Don't know if you currently use anything to prevent blisters, but perhaps copious amounts of vaseline may be worth a shot (I don't usually use anything and find my feet slide if I do!)

I've done a couple of wet marathons, but nothing like what appears to be the paddy fields on Town Moor, sorry I just don't know what to suggest.
18/11/2009 at 14:53
No, I meant for you. I usually don't bother with anything and so far haven't had any problems with my feet, touch wood. Besides, I'm only watching on Sunday .
18/11/2009 at 14:55
I'll be taking two pairs of shoes, one newish pair (80 miles), and one old pair (600 miles), and just have a look at the state of the ground. May start with a t-shirt over top of a vest and throw it to one side after end of 1st lap, if someone would look after it for me.
18/11/2009 at 18:59

I think my brand new, only worn for 14 miles, kept specially for the marathon shoes will be staying in the box!

Rest day for me as well. I'm packing. Eeek! No time tomorrow night and I'm driving up straight from a half day at work on friday afternoon.

18/11/2009 at 19:13
andy sly wrote (see)
Morning all, rest day for me today. First non-running day since 27th October.
Still 4 hrs 47 mins to change your mind, andy
18/11/2009 at 21:40

After 2,230 miles so far this year, a day off won't do me any harm.

18/11/2009 at 21:45

Went out to watch 2012 earlier, thought it was about the Olympics ?   .

Decent action film I guess, realised it was over 2 years since I'd been, last film I am Legend.

18/11/2009 at 21:50

Don't go getting yourself too worried about the apocalypse andy ... I recommend a disney film next ...

18/11/2009 at 21:51
It'd be just my luck for the world to end on April 24th 2010.
141 to 160 of 296 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.