South West alternates to VLM?

8 messages
30/09/2012 at 18:22

No place for me this year, any suggestions for an alternative??? Edinburgh is a Bl**** long way from Devon.

Thanks Nick

30/09/2012 at 18:41
Kittenkat. Is Dartmoor Vale as tough as the name suggests??
seren nos    pirate
30/09/2012 at 19:01

llanelli in april......flat and a PB course

30/09/2012 at 20:19
Kitten- write up says challenging?? Please expand. I guess not PB course.
02/10/2012 at 10:48

Nick,dont know how far from Cornwall you are but you have the Duchy Marathon, around the time of London, over Bodmin way and the Eden one run around the domes and ground, which I hear is pretty good

Dubai Dave    pirate
02/10/2012 at 11:28

Duchy came complete with horizontal hail the year I did it, but not a terribly tough course.  North Dorset village marathon in May, Cornish marathon November, taunton April, Eden Marathon October

02/10/2012 at 13:37

North Dorset Village marathon is my favourite, highly recommended and probably the opposite of VLM, small numbers, you can get your own drinks and food on the course and beer at the end.

02/10/2012 at 22:14

Hi there, would recommend North Dorset Village Marathon too.  I secured my marathon PB on that course and I have done the London three times!  A very, very well organised event and given the limited number of entries available it would be worth expressing your interest now....here's the link http://www.ndvm.co.cc/marathon.php

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.