Sponsorship thread

You'd better have a good pitch...

141 to 160 of 345 messages
29/07/2006 at 15:37
to do the links thing you have to use

{url=http://www.justgiving.com/again} Link name here{/url}

replace the curly brackets with square ones.
11/09/2006 at 21:41
Hi,

I'm running my first ever marathon in New York on 5th November 2006.

I'm raising money for a very worthwhile cause in Mencap, so if you'd like to spur me on any donations are very welcome and will receive my heartfelt thanks.

You can sponsor me at www.justgiving.com/formencap

Best Wishes,
Mo
14/09/2006 at 14:42
given the number (er, two... but they were nice ones. except fat buddha) of forumites being affected by cancer, i'm raising money for cancer research.

not doing a girly marathon or anything, as i thought i'd do something that requires a bit more of an effort

so i'm doing the triple ironman instead. 7.2 mile swim followed by a 336 mile cycle followed by a 78.6 mile run. race cut off is 60 hours, but i'd like to finish in 50. then a nice sleep (or coma)

anyway, please do sponsor me if you can

www.justgiving.com/3iron

and here's the race website

www.usaultratri.com

race starts 12:00 noon UK time on 6 October

i thank you!
15/09/2006 at 14:01
Hello

I'm attempting my first - Flora London Marathon on 22nd April 2007. I am very dedicated and raring to go running for Wellchild.

If anyone wants to investigate further and have a peep my page is www.justgiving.com/rachpops

Anything extremely gratefully received!

Rachxx
15/09/2006 at 14:11
Would be most grateful if you would visit

justgiving.com\grantmac

Six teenagers, a credit to their age group doing something special for charity.

Thank you

Paul
16/09/2006 at 18:44
Hi, I'm running the Paris Marathon 2007, and if my body is up to it (and assuming I get a place) the London Marathon a week later. I must be insane!

Please sponsor me at:

Justgiving
18/09/2006 at 14:05
I am running in the Great North Run on 1st October to raise funds for the Downs Syndrome Association (DSA).

I have chosen this particular charity after my son, Alex, was born with Downs Syndrome in May 2006. This brought me in touch with the Charity and the work that they do.

The DSA provides support and information for people with Downs Syndrome and their families, and they were invaluable to my partner and I in the difficult first few weeks after Alex was born.

They strive to improve knowledge of the condition, which affects 1 in every 1000 babies born in the UK, and they respond to over 29,000 telephone enquires every year. The Association is reliant on voluntary donations for over 90% of its income.

You can sponsor me on a DSA approved web page, which will accept donations by credit or debit card. The site uses VeriSign and is totally secure, and the URL is www.justgiving.com/craigt.

All donations, however small, will be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Craig.
20/12/2006 at 22:45
tweety runs london!

I am running the 2007 London Marathon in memory of my father in law Pete and my Mum's best friend Karen.

Please have a look at my site and help me to continue Macmillan's excellent work.

Thank you.

21/12/2006 at 14:06
For those runners who are raising money for a charity that is not signed up with justgiving.com, try using www.sponsorformsonline.co.uk to maximise the exposure of you event.

It's free and easy.
21/12/2006 at 15:52
I am running the London Marathon 2007 for Cancer Research UK. I don't have many friends to badger for sponsorship so I'm hoping some kind bods on Runners World will sponsor me the odd pound or two!

Any amounts gratefully accepted!!

http://www.justgiving.com/neachell

Please make it look like I have some friends!!
22/12/2006 at 11:41
Christmas is a fantastic time for raising sponsorship.
Your likely to see long lost friends and family who are all in a very generous mood and probably slightly worse for wear!
Take advantage of them and the situation and get your sponsor form out.
One other sponsorship note, send everyone in your email address book a New Year card and attach a loink to your justgiving site
Good Luck everyone
Mery Christmas to you all.
23/12/2006 at 10:41
Hi all,

Thought I'd pop in and invite you all to join the Million Miles Marathon thread in the Clubhouse forum. You might find it's worth it...
23/12/2006 at 19:23
hi everyone,

i'm running the London marathon 07 in aid of VICTA (visually impaired children taking action), all the money that VICTA receives is from runners and other sponsered events, and all money goes to the charity.

Please sponser me, my web page is...

nicky's sponser page
23/12/2006 at 20:44
Hiya, I'm running the Flora London marathon 2007 and raising much needed funds for Little Havens hospice in Essex.
Please take a minute to visit my page and make a donation.
Thanks.

http://www.justgiving.com/stet

23/12/2006 at 20:45
Hiya, I'm running the Flora London marathon 2007 and raising much needed funds for Little Havens hospice in Essex.
Please take a minute to visit my page and make a donation.
Thanks.

<>
23/12/2006 at 21:05
Hi Y'all.

Virgin at the FLM next year, and I will be running on behalf of the Meningitis Trust.

Having suffered with meningitis as a child, this is a charity very close to my heart, so any donations towards my target would be appreciated!

Thanks and good luck one and all!

Pastie
23/12/2006 at 21:07
Hi Y'all.

Virgin at the FLM next year, and I will be running on behalf of the Meningitis Trust.

[http://www.justgiving.com/midnightfox]

Having suffered with meningitis as a child, this is a charity very close to my heart, so any donations towards my target would be appreciated!

Thanks and good luck one and all!

Pastie
28/12/2006 at 20:25
By six degrees of seperation, it would be fair to say that we all know someone with, or affected by, cancer.As a Nurse for almost 20 years, I've seen my fair share of sadness and grief.
When it gets down to just two degrees of seperation, the devastating effects of this disease can be seen far too clearly.

THAT'S why I'm using my place in next years FLM to raise money for Cancer Research UK. Please do all you can, either by sponsoring me or anyone else running for this charity, or running for them yourself.

Doing it for Jen, and praying she'll still be here in April.

Thanks
KKD
28/12/2006 at 20:50
Its fab that all you great people have done so much good for others!! Well done!

Every day in the UK, 6 teenagers will be told the devasting news that they have cancer. At a time when their life is about to really bloom they have to dea with all that cancer brings.

The Teenage Cancer Trust helps these kids and their families and by being treated in a unit specific to teenagers their chances of recovery improve by 15%.

FLM 07 will be my first marathon which I'm running in memory of Andrew and Claire - two 15 year olds who died of cancer.

Please sponsor me or if you can't, pass my details onto someone who can.

Thank you very, very much! x

TeenageCancerTrust

KKD
28/12/2006 at 20:58
After a break of a few years I've decided to run FLM again in 2007 and will be running for SENSE - the National Deafblind and Rubella Association.

If anyone out there would like to sponsor me I'd be seriously grateful!! As the saying goes 'every penny helps'.

Many thanks. ;o)
141 to 160 of 345 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.