Start position in VLM

How are they determined?

21 to 28 of 28 messages
29/09/2012 at 16:52

Think if you are a sub 3:30 runner at London then you really cant blame the crowds too much for the time you run in - its down to you

29/09/2012 at 17:09

Millsy, by my reckoning that makes you Fast GFA as you are Good For Age in your category and sub 03:15.

Maybe I get offered the drinks because I an usually there very early.

Red versus Green start. The red is a slightly tougher start in that is is more undulating in the first 3 miles - there is even a slight hill, whereas the green is pretty much downhill/flat until the starts come together. When I have done it the problem with the green start is getting past the "celebrities". Getting past the Masai warriors running in a circle in full war gear was no easy task I can tell you!

29/09/2012 at 18:18

One Gear V Masai warriors....fight!!!

cougie    pirate
29/09/2012 at 18:43
Yeah tricky getting past those pointy spears !
01/10/2012 at 11:30

I entered a time of about 6hr 30mins on the entry but that was when i had no idea what place i'd make. SO i guess theyll put me close to the back and hopefully ill break away from the walkers i'd like to aim for around 5hrs for now

cougie    pirate
01/10/2012 at 12:12
Record a faster half marathon time and take proof of it when you collect your number. They may move you up a pen. It's worth asking.
01/10/2012 at 12:15

Wicked, cheers Cougie. i've got my first official half the end of this month excited much!

01/10/2012 at 13:26
Ultra cougie wrote (see)
Record a faster half marathon time and take proof of it when you collect your number. They may move you up a pen. It's worth asking.

Doing the Liverpool HM so will try this myself,going for a 4hr Marathon

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.