Sub 3

For anyone trying to crack the 3 in any marathon anywhere in the world

91,501 to 91,520 of 107,717 messages
20/10/2012 at 11:42

SL - down in Bristol a couple of weekends before Xmas.  A few quiet drinks on Friday, parkrun on Saturday, Bristol City v Derby in the afternoon, Little Angels Sat evening at whatever remains of the Mecca Frogmore Street, long run Sunday morning, and then the Wurzels at the Tunnels (new venue I think - never heard of it before) Sunday evening.  Welcome to join us for any or all of that - the beer will be quality if nothing else!

Wardi - nice parkrun.  Even better effort getting into BM!

20/10/2012 at 12:08

Njord.. not surprised you are going to see the Wurzels with all the cider drinking references.  How many of these do you remember?

20/10/2012 at 12:11
Back of the net Wardi. Very chuffed for you. You've been working hard for that. see you at brass monkey too.

Njord - wasn't me re Munich. I can really recommend hamburg though but it is in the spring. Cracking city, great marathon.
20/10/2012 at 12:25

Fantastic 50k news on Twitter.  Very proud of Marigold and Marders 

In other less exciting news, a steady 15M at 8.03m/m for me this morning.  Gwent League XC tomorrow.

20/10/2012 at 12:33

Good job on the pb Wardi - I saw you on the results after - but didn't get to chat again, sadly... was handing out "tokens" this time. 

I'm in for the Brass Monkey, too... so that's the next goal. I fancy sub-80 if training goes well between now and then. About 6:06m/m pace, is that? It's right about on my LT.

20/10/2012 at 12:48

Chrono.. I had stalked you as an Andy so did ask if anyone knew an 'Andy' at the finish but got blank looks!  I'm sure we'll meet eventually.

Nice run Jools & best of luck in the XC,

RJ.. cheers mate.  Actually the York Parkrun course is right next door to the BM start/finish so a bit of pre-BM visualisation was happening!

Hats off to Marigold & Marders, wow!

20/10/2012 at 13:39

16:52 for a 5k today to finish 7th. Not quite a PB but I'm happy with it. Very pleased with how comfortable it felt!

20/10/2012 at 13:48

Congrats to you Wardi on a superb race and time. Cracking performance. Thanks too for the good wishes. Most of the carp was at home. The other side went well enough: snuck into the top ten and all that. Just could have done without so much pain and hassle in my personal life .

Looking forward to the 50k results. And once again all best for folk tomorrow.

20/10/2012 at 14:21

Great stuff, Wardi - proof I can make it back from where I am now  . . .

TR
20/10/2012 at 16:06

flipping heck Marigold, that surpasses Padams 4th in the World ! Take a bow son.

20/10/2012 at 16:45

I take it the 50k went well?

XC for me today. Ouch. Got a stitch towards the end of the first lap and had to run poking my finger into my side for the next 2.2 miles. Managed to hold my position but got distinctly slower and slower. There was some good mud though, and I got covered in it!  Rubbish time but 16th is OK for the North Mids league - fairly easy courses, lots of speedy folks. East Mids League tomorrow - shorter but tougher courses that the fast runners rarely bother with. Should finish a bit higher up the field!

A.W
20/10/2012 at 17:15

Good Luck to all those racing this weekend.

Well done with your parkrun Wardi, and good running too B_Kins in your 5K, I'm not sure I've ever found a 5K comfortable!! Good effort CC2 so soon after you marathon.

Had my first experience of XC today which was interesting to say the least. Knew from the off it was going to be a struggle and that's exactly what it was the whole way. Legs just felt dead, must still be feeling the HM effort from last weekend. Still glad I done it and finished with 32.1x, not sure on exact time. Not a great time, but will count as hard session. Plenty of room for improvement for the next one!

Edited: 20/10/2012 at 17:18
A.W
20/10/2012 at 17:39
Njord, good to hear from you. Hope to catch up with you at York - could do with warming up with you two, you did such a good job at liversausage.
Chrono, sub80 train it is then. Bkins, good 5k. Aw, well done in the xc.
20/10/2012 at 18:59
Wardi - top bombing and well deserved.
Marigold - well impressed, enjoy the celebrations
Njord -sounds like a busy weekend, I'll check my availability with the boss.
20/10/2012 at 19:07

Marigold - Champion of the World!  What a legend.  Looking forward to a full report; sounds like a well timed & paced race. Scant twitter news, but I think Marders was in the frame.

Not sure, but just read a tweet that says a clubmate of mine won the women's race too.

20/10/2012 at 19:09

Wardi - nice one at York.  I entered Brass Monkey (and therefore passing up Gloucester marathon on the same day) in the car on the way up to Abingdon at 10am. No need for an early start.  Haven't raced a half for three years, so might try and get in shape for a 75 min attempt over the winter.  There, I've said it.

Edited: 20/10/2012 at 19:10
20/10/2012 at 19:53

Thought I'd stick my head back above the parapet to add my congratulations to Marigold. Presumably marders did something hugely impressive too.

I've only been dipping in to this thread now and again recently so I'm not up to date with all the gossip, but there seem to be lots of great things going on as always, in particular I noticed CharlieW's big PB with a convincing sub-75 recently, great stuff.

Charlie, you sometimes articulate on here the questions (will I ever improve on these times? etc) which I (and presumably most competitive runners the wrong side of 40) wonder. I came across this thread on letsrun recently, I thought Hobby Jogger's post near the bottom of the page makes very interesting reading. First marathon age 42, PB age 52, and at 64 ran not too far off the time he plateaued at in his mid 40s. Someone later on in the thread claims to know who Hobby Jogger is, if anyone here happens to know I'd be very interested just to be sure that it's genuine and to find the article referenced. I'd love to know more, especially how his training progressed through the years.

Can't decide whether to run Cabbage Patch 10 tomorrow, it was going to be one of my key sessions leading up to a late November marathon, but I've had a (very) slight thigh niggle all week after a 27 miler last Sunday. Struggling to weigh up the risks and rewards.

Best of luck to LS21 and anyone else running Abingdon tomorrow.

Anyway, today is Marigold's day so once again congratulations on becoming WORLD CHAMPION!!!

20/10/2012 at 20:09

Huge congrats to Marigold. World Champion... Blimey! (Dan - ladies winner goes by Loca online and runs for West 4 Harriers). 

20/10/2012 at 20:27
Did I miss marigolds post or has thread etiquette gone out the window?

Anyway it seems huge congrats are in order.

WELL DONE CHAMPION OF THE WORLD
Edited: 20/10/2012 at 20:30
20/10/2012 at 20:33

I think what Marigold has done today is kicked it really rather hard and not been shit.

Seriously chuffed for you fella. Why not have two cigars? In fact, fck it, think I might have one for you.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.