Sub 3

For anyone trying to crack the 3 in any marathon anywhere in the world

94,201 to 94,220 of 109,544 messages
22/02/2013 at 21:33

RS.. hope you're on the upward recovery trail mate, sounds promising.  Bought your plane tickets for the last 16 of the Europa Cup yet?    Not that I would know where Anzhi Makhachkala is!

Good miles & lido time TR, you should just stay ahead of Jools in April I reckon.

Jools.. cracking 5m PB, 6:11's on a cold night is very good indeed.  Hope the upward curve continues for you.  Infact you have inspired me to have a rest day - 10m race on Sunday!

22/02/2013 at 23:19
TR - you are worrying me. I am having the perfect build up, thank you. One of the greatest Strava runners the world has ever seen in January, slayer of Biggsy, undefeated in the v50 dodderer's division.

Ps, at the moment the whole family is watching, with rapt attention, my mate Waldemar J charting the history of the Baroque across Europe. iPlayer. Great stuff.
TR
22/02/2013 at 23:26

Dids - plenty of time for fortune to take a dump in your toaster yet.

23/02/2013 at 08:37

Wardi - to Russia this time, no chance I'm going though I'm a poor student let alone the fear of being done over by some nutter Russian fans. Krul out 5 weeks, gutted.

Jesus, not the best weather for the Nationals up here in Sunderland. Snow is really coming down now, hope they manage to get the event on in terms of people getting here alright.

23/02/2013 at 10:26
Super Saturday Added Bonus - kippers for breakfast after the Parkrun. Ooohhhh baby.
23/02/2013 at 10:56

RS78 - I've been out already this morning and it's runnable and the roads aren't too horrendous here in Newcastle. It's still snowing but not so heavily now. Only problem I had earlier was that it was snowing into my eyes and I couldn't see where I was going. Nearly collided with a lamp post. 

23/02/2013 at 11:05

Doesn't matter how many times I read it, "dump in your toaster" always makes me laugh out loud.

My "Icing first" plan seems to be going quite well, parkrun PB this morning in 15:01 , happy with that considering miles in the legs. 

Good luck to all doing the Nationals, should be fun in the white stuff!!

23/02/2013 at 11:32
Marigold - what's the point you even being on here? 15 mins for a 5K .... "Not bad considering...."? I reckon you are going to delight yourself at London with something special this year. Just a psychic feeling I'm getting. (Also, a person with the initial "J"?)

Yet again Manchester bucks the national trend and serves up perfect running weather.

I ran the parkrun as a tom cruise interval session. 5 mile warm up, then 2x1.5 miles at 10K/HM pace, then the race itself at 10K/HM pace.

Have to say I came away feeling disappointed with an 18:13 time as i would have liked to be 30 secs inside that. but maybe I'm asking too much given the hard running that preceded it.

I feel in great shape, (pre shitting in my kettle disaster) but lacking in 5k/10k speed. That's where my focus now lies.... So watch out you lot that beat me today - I'm coming to get ya!
23/02/2013 at 11:34

Well done, Marigold.  Hope you bought this week's AW - nice pic of you at the 10M in the results section.

23/02/2013 at 11:35
Just noticed I did the York parkrun back in early December - was 30 secs faster back then. That means I'm going backwards on the face of it. Interesting.
23/02/2013 at 11:41

Dids - Should be good as long as long as I keep TR away from my toaster. On the subject of disappointing times, it was only a couple of weeks ago I struggled round the parkrun 70 seconds slower. I knew my fitness was considerably better but my legs were just adapting to the current training levels. They seem to be coping much better at the mo but will probably have more ups and downs before the A race...... wouldn't worry about 30s

Jools - oooh , haven't seen it *runs off to buy 10 copies*

Edited: 23/02/2013 at 11:41
23/02/2013 at 12:02
Marigold - right, looking forward to dismantling my PB next week.

and i know who to blame if I don't.
23/02/2013 at 12:13

.........TR and his toaster

23/02/2013 at 12:16
Actually, next weekend poses a dilemma.
Saturday night = Manchester nightclub birthday party. (For a 21 yr old). Beer, mega dancing, 3am finish.
Sunday morning = Haweswater half.

I've yet to stay out til 3am without being legless. So, thought about amphetamines, but now decided it will be a life challenge with a new mindset. May even open a justgiving page jobbie in aid of AAA (that's alcoholics anon, not that thing careless George just lost).

Going to run in a "Don't worry I am just f@cking arseholed" t-shirt, with a hair of the dog waiting as soon as I cross the finish line. (And claim the V50 prize).

Will require the considerate co-operation of me Julie to drive the car and dress me for the race.

This could be my kettle dump moment of course, or one to tell the grandchildren, or just the road to hell paved with good intent as I sober up in bed til lunchtime let down. Who knows?
23/02/2013 at 12:27

Aaaargh, ill again!

Bless our little children but they do love to pass on their ailments to we parents... When I woke up on Thursday I felt absolutely shocking - fever, sore throat, aching joints, the lot. I have been existing thanks to paracetamol & ibuprofen ever since... Worse still, my wife got tonsilitis and she's in really bad shape. Of course the kids are fine now having got their illnesses over and done with!

So that's 3 days off running so far and I'm not sure about tomorrow yet.

Anybody got any echinacea?

TR
23/02/2013 at 13:04

ha ha, I'm not wishing doom on anyone, just saying that the perfect campaign and race doesnt exist, you have to get to the start line as best you can and suck it up on the day.
My usual downfall is a calf strain - lost the first 10 days of March last yr with it (and then got a cold for race day and struggled a bit), missed 2 weeks of the last 5 in 2009, in 2010 I walked home with a sore calf 8 days out, had a test run on the Thurs and toed the line and struggled round.........but I did them all and am proud of them.

TR
23/02/2013 at 13:07

Marigold - top bombing in the 5K there. What changes do you make from the icing first for the next 8 weeks ?

2hrs on the turbo earlier, felt grim by the end probably the mixture of sweating my nuts off and freezing at the same time.

23/02/2013 at 13:14
Kippers? Damn, overcooked the blighters.

TR - not sure why you think it doesn't exist. A couple of years I missed no training and ran a race with a slight positive split. Ok, I was hoping for two mins quicker, so technically it wasnt perfect. Must admit that every other friggin race has had some disruption or other. Other people must have had a perfect campaign.
TR
23/02/2013 at 13:19

Dids - you've had your day then, you had best quit now ! A slight +ve split is ideal too. We've got no chance of convincing TT to run now though !

23/02/2013 at 13:31
TR - Don't forget I'm now V50. A new world of challenges ahead.....
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.