Sub 3:15

the one in the middle of 3:00 and 3:30

3,381 to 3,400 of 3,411 messages
Blisters    pirate
26/04/2005 at 23:18
Hi all
8 miles clocked tonight in glorious sunshine. 60 minutes. The heavens opened up afterwards :-)

Shiny head feature is now beginning to peel after catching too much sun at FLM! Oh well.

Next race looks like being Stroud Beer race. Must get my permit sorted from Mgt.
27/04/2005 at 18:15
8.5 veery muddy x-country miles clocked in 70 mins.

ooooo! it's to be running for runnings sake.
Blisters    pirate
27/04/2005 at 18:49
I'm happy to be out and my excuse to myself is that I need to get my new trainers bedded in, and get some value out of them.

Perhaps it's time to work out some new routes?
27/04/2005 at 19:21
pizza man
Did you have your name on the front of your vest (white card?)if its you I passed you at about 17mile mark,how did you do?
I had a cwl vest on but so did hundreds more
27/04/2005 at 19:34
swanny-mate of mine bought a compined speed/hrm hates it sorry only info I have he is now buying a HRM on its own

Gary Stevens-I am in the process of recording or should I say rewriting on the computer so others can read it my 13 week training plan which I used for London
managed 3hr 8min using it e mail me with your address and I will send it you

Stephen Jones 11- I to past Pizza Man around the 17 miles mark what time did you do

if this gets confusing I have just changed my nikname from world champion
27/04/2005 at 20:40
dawbs
I did 3.08.03 getting a gfa place hopefully.
Attempting to go sub 3 hrs next year.
27/04/2005 at 21:25
I think everybody passed me at about 17 miles!

I recovered though and crept in in 3.19.

having "Go Pizza Man" on a laminated bit of paper worked a bit to well. Got a bit carried away with all of the cheers and died between 18 and 24.

Congrats on your times guys. I've got to go and do another one now ;0)
29/04/2005 at 08:47
Helllllllooooooo ?

It's too quiet in hear, where have all my friends gone ? :-)

Have had a nice easy week (in training terms) due to work commitments, but have a nice weekend of training planned.

Hope to rejuvinate this thread :-) (actually, I think it needs CPR !! )
29/04/2005 at 09:53
push 1000, push 1000, push 1000, push 1000 ....... ventilate, .............check for S.O.L ........... push 1000, push 1000 .........
29/04/2005 at 10:01
PM LOL !,

Glad to see someone else in the thread - think they must have all gone on their post FLM holidays :-)
29/04/2005 at 10:04
I wish.....;-)

Paul, I believe that someone has already started a Sub 3:15 thread for FLM '06!
29/04/2005 at 10:07
SB,

Yes, XFR Bear, I believe :-)

But there have only been 14 replies, so I was keeping an eye out in hear - perhaps I should migrate to Mike G's hard marathon thread :-)

Anyway, I'll go searching later on this evening - got some student dissertations to read, and some coursework to mark before then - Oh the joy... :-)
29/04/2005 at 10:26
Hi Paul,

why don't you post on the daily training thread on Training when this thread goes to sleep:o)

Also, Mike G is hoping to start a training clinic on the Training thread, so that will be good if it happens.

I'm back into training now the tiredness has fianlly gone.

Had a fitness test yesterday at the gym, which didn't really bring to light any really weaknesses in my health and fitness:o) The only thing the instructor suggested was doing a core stability programme to strengthen my back, which the physio also suggested, so that's what I'm intending to do.

Did 5 miles this morning and will do 6 this evening. First double since the marathon, but I feel ready for it now.

29/04/2005 at 10:29
Hi Hilly,

I'll come on over to the daily training thread :-)

Back to work for now though :-)
29/04/2005 at 10:31
planning a longish run for tomorrow but am just running as I feel at the moment as my tank still feels empty
did a bit of track speed work thursday
10 x 400m did it untimed so as not to put to much pressure on myself
tomorrow is the start of my return I hope
29/04/2005 at 13:07
RB, sounds like you're doing the right thing.

Hilly, I saw your post on Hard Training regarding the fitness test - sounds very positive. Your blood pressure is a lot lower than mine!

I've resumed training now after my heavy cold, which was such a relief as I was getting stir-crazy. I've entered a fun run on Sunday, which is exactly how I shall be treating it - 10k distance but x-country in the hilliest part of Surrey.

Have a great bank holiday weekend everyone.
29/04/2005 at 13:30
Good on you Paul, see you on the training thread:o)

running-blade, you changed your name again:o) I also did a bit of track work on Wed but it wasn't the lovely 400's it was little 100's!

SB, I've always had low blood pressure. When I was pregnant it was around 90/60 and I would quite often see stars on just turning my head-not nice!

Your 10k x-country fun race sounds like it'll be fun. I just love off road running. Hope you enjoy it!
sub
30/04/2005 at 08:50
Please someone tell me how to find the training thread? as i can't find it and I mis all mt running friends.
30/04/2005 at 09:28
Alan-At the top under the main titles there are 9 smaller ones.Click on the 3rd one along called training,then when the next screen appears look for the one with todays date and thats it.

Im still alive by the way.Have done no running since London but have been working out on the weights and rowing machine quite abit.Thinking about getting back out there this weekend although saying that the legs are feeling great at the moment with the break from it all.
sub
30/04/2005 at 10:27
LLL I am not finding it
sorry you are going to have to make it idiot proof can you past a link?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.