Sub 3:15

the one in the middle of 3:00 and 3:30

1 to 20 of 3,411 messages
17/10/2004 at 20:51
Hi, having just done 3:14:47 at Cardiff and feeling elated to get a female championhip place, I've now decided to take that place and do London.

So once again I'll be looking to break 3:15, so thought might as well start a sub 3:15 thread for like minded runners to share training and support.

Not about to start training just yet as obviously still in recovery mode-well sort of with a 10 mile race next weekend!

The plan is to use my fitness between now and Dec to race a few key races and hopefully pick up the odd pb, then start specific marathon training early in Jan.

Who else is aiming for this time?
Blisters    pirate
17/10/2004 at 21:56
Wellllllll, I've got to say Hi, haven't I?

It was a bit quiet on this thread last year, so I've been bouncing between the 3:30 thread (offering encouragement) and the sub 3:00 thread (being frightened).

Are you going to do a mini-taper for your 10 miler? You can then give it a real "what for".

17/10/2004 at 22:15
Hi hilly/blisters. I reckon I might be in with a chance of this. Won't know whether I'm in FLM until December, but doing Rome anyway.

A marathon prediction story from the past.
18/10/2004 at 06:04
Hi folk,

Reckon this might be my target for FLM too. Starting from zero fitness at the moment though, so will have to wait and see how things go. I should be in on GFA from my one previous marathon I hope. Training starts next Monday :-)
18/10/2004 at 12:47
Does this mean that we can't post on the sub 3:30 thread.
In any case count me in for a sub 3:15 target. Hopefully I'll have a better appreciation of the chances of sucess after next monday (dublin).
18/10/2004 at 13:13
Count me in! I'll be bouncing between this and sub 3:30. Having achieved 3 PB's in consecutive weekends of 42:54 (10k), 1:34:58 (half marathon) and 1:10:58 (10 miles), with an increase in mileage from the 15-20 I've been doing throughout the summer, I'm feeling really confident that this is achievable.

18/10/2004 at 14:46
Hi Hilly, I've been following your thread in the training forum avidly and was so pleased for you when you achieved your goal.
I ran my first marathon on sunday and much to my surprise really enjoyed it, and was even more surprised to run under 3.15.
Am forty two, so quite decrepit but because of my age i want to enjoy my running as much as i can whilst still relativly competitive.
I think it's great that you have decided to run London and i wish you the best of luck.
18/10/2004 at 20:02
Hi guys, not trying to steal you away from the 3:30 thread, honest!:o)

I just fancied a sub 3:15 thread:o)

blisters-I'm not ready to give it "what for" so will be happy just to run strong. Hope to do the "what for" for my half marathon in 4 weeks. The week after yours I believe?

emer-didn't you move abroad last year, or am I thinking of someone else?

Foo Bar-that was a long story! So do you plan on doing both Rome and London if you get in?

Toucan-good luck in Dublin-is it your first?

SusieBee-well done on your new pb's and off such low mileage-very impressed!

sapper-thanks and well done on your own marathon performance! Which one did you do? Please don't tell me your decrepit at 42 as I've only got 2 years to hit that mark!:o)

Blisters    pirate
18/10/2004 at 20:03
Sapper. That's just not fair. It's taken me 3 years and 4 marathons to crack 3:15. It's probably taken Hilly longer.
18/10/2004 at 20:05
6 marathons for me to get there!
18/10/2004 at 20:17
Hi Hilly. Interesting prediction stuff eh? Instead of just taking your best race time and performing a multiple, with the info that was presented you can do a lot of "what if" stuff, like suppose I did x miles per week or did one more long run, what difference could it make?

If I get through the FLM ballot, I do plan on doing both Rome and London 5 weeks apart. Should make an interesting debut :) I'm awaiting delivery of "Advanced marathoning" which discusses strategies for running marathons close together. Anyway, we'll see what happens.
18/10/2004 at 20:53
Hi everyone

I thought I'd join this thread from its birth although no idea whether I'll get a marathon place. If not I may run Taunton which is apprx the same time as London so at least I can share your enthusiasm and training pains!

Besides, I promised Hilly not to 'lurk' and to get involved......happy now????
18/10/2004 at 20:59
Hilly it was Abingdon, and it was very flat!.
18/10/2004 at 21:03
I'll stick to McMillan calculator, it's easy!:o)

Yeh, YL is no longer a 'lurker'!:o) Now all I need to do is convince you to want that time!
18/10/2004 at 21:04
what time did you do sapper and are you male or female? Reason I ask is if you're female then you could be on the same start as me at London!
18/10/2004 at 21:09
Ill follow my 2 buddies on another thread.

Brief history.

Flm 04- 3:28 and my nose still hurts.

But im not expecting to get in again.

18/10/2004 at 21:11
So if you don't get in LLL are you going to do another marathon? Didn't you mention Taunton a while back?
18/10/2004 at 21:14
Yes i did think about Taunton but after meeting up with Trin the other night she said it can get quite lonely like you said before.

So im still searching for another one.Do you know any.
18/10/2004 at 21:19
Sapper's female.
18/10/2004 at 21:23
Hilly Sorry for slow reply, am trying to get a very over tired, stroppy three year old to stay in BED.
Am female and ran 3.10.26 and have spent today shuffling around very slowly much to my childrens amusement.
1 to 20 of 3,411 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.