Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

20,981 to 21,000 of 35,692 messages
10/10/2012 at 20:51

I hope all this injury and illness on here isn't contagious  I'm avoiding ill people like the proverbial plague, and there are plenty of them at work. Thankfully I don't have to go back there until Tuesday, but I do have to contend with a plane, train and tram tomorrow. 

Best wishes to all of the ill and injured and good luck to those attempting the post illness/injury comeback. 

Last session tonight - 6 miles with 3 @ MP. It was OK actually, for a taper run. I do feel fat and sluggish though. No wildlife to report but I did get beeped at by some blokes in a little green car, and also a particularly loud and enthusiastic whoo-hoo from a passing white van.

Now, must go and finish packing. 

10/10/2012 at 22:09
Sending good luck vibes to the sickly and injured.

Always a total bummer

Bet you're a right old porker father a few easy days Speedy;-)

Have to say I'm feeling fairly relaxed about this one. Quite inspired by poacher and efc- col's performances sp trying to keep it low key and just turn up and run. Even seriously contemplating going totally watch/garmin- less! Krazee kat that I am
10/10/2012 at 23:13

more commando than krazee Fraser.

MsE
11/10/2012 at 04:49

Birch  - you are absolutely right about perspective.  And in fact I am learning a lot about how much cross training and conditioning work is probably needed to prevent a recurrence of an injury from my current stint on the bench. It is good news to hear there is light at the end of your very long tunnel!  I can only imagine how difficult it has been not to run all these months with your tumultuous year!  Running is probably my best friend in the whole wide world* and has always been there to support me and put me right at times of need.  I suspect I am not alone in this feeling.

I ran in the Wrong Trousers for an hour today and it felt really nice to be running albeit as a 60lb weakling. I was a much better mother today as a result, I am sure of it. But I did have to change out of my sweaty shorts after that. For a change.

* I do have friends, of course.

11/10/2012 at 06:01

Birch - Good luck with that and hope the op can be sooner rather than later.

There's only one thing you must not be during a race and that's too hot. If it's really cold I wear gloves, but still only the vest/shorts combo. Anything more than that will be far too much after a couple of milrs, or you're not giving it enough! The old t-shirt and/or bin liner pre-start options always work, too.

I see people in training mainly, but also in races sometimes, wearing jackets and all sorts in temperatures of up to 18-20ºC, just because it's raining a bit. Madness.

11/10/2012 at 06:31

Race kit - hot day - shorts, vest, sunglasses. 

Perfect day - shorts, vest

Cold day - shorts, vest, ditchable gloves

Absolutely baltic snowy day - capris, T-shirt with vest on top, ditchable gloves.

Munich looks like 'cold day'. Not sure if I'll be able to get on the net at all while I'm away. I might die from forum withdrawal!

11/10/2012 at 06:38

OOlg - bad luck; I'm sure your form will return very soon.
Mennania - hope the fizz gives you the green light. I see he did, so hope the 2 mile test went ok.
AR - you're keeping remarkably positive; all the best.
SJ - 10 out of 10 for effort. Hope it works out for you.
JD3 - I like the cold; I sometimes wear a vest under my top and some gloves if it's really arctic. Wet is not so good and I have no experience of racing any distance in the rain. But hot has got to be the worst.
Bike It - well done on getting through P&D; enjoy the easy stuff from now until race day.
Birch - light at the end of the tunnel! At least you know where you stand now and can get the op done soon.
Speedy - I would say bon voayge, but you're off to old Munchen in Germany if I'm not mistaken. All the best.
FW - sounding very laid back.
MsE - ah, the return of the Wrong Trousers!
Ant - nice to see another early bird. I can't match your wild boar spotting, but I did see a deer in the leafy suburbs this morning.
7 steady miles done and dusted.

11/10/2012 at 06:39

x-post Speedy at 6:31!!!

11/10/2012 at 07:18
Good luck Speedy!!!!
11/10/2012 at 08:00

Best of luck, Speedy.  Hopefully a big pb is on the cards.

MsE: at least you can do some Wrong Trousers running - better than nowt.

11/10/2012 at 09:11
MsE good to hear from you,and being benched can be so f,,,,frustrating but looks like your making all the right moves with various exercises not too sure of the pelvic floor one though!

AR you have being training so well and then the recent bout of problems is a bummer, get fully recovered before the next target I have high hopes of of your next race.

FW yes laid back is the new tactic for running races, all the very best of luck.

Gul. Another nice early 7m,Toulouse was brilliant btw, an international weekend of events. All free which was even better, the next one is in Hamburg in 4 years time,I hope to get on that one too, but not the running event, had to be careful how much free wine and champagne to consume!

Speedy have a storming run in Munich, hope and expect you to smash your PB...

Birch. Finding out the injury is the first step to recovery but you already know that, good luck.

Good luck to any other races this weekend and get well soon to the ill and injured,
Off on a weekend trip to Amsterdam (stagg do) going to be interesting....
11/10/2012 at 09:13

Execute well Speedy. You are in great shape.

20 mins at 8.30mm last night and all is well.

11/10/2012 at 09:34
Good luck speedy, hope the conditions are kind. You've certainly put in the miles so let's hope you reap the rewards from a solid training campaign.
11/10/2012 at 09:51

Woke up today puking and the other stuff. Back on the immodium - just when I thought it was over.

Walked the dogs a few gentle miles to think things out. By the time I got home I felt more energised and the great thing was, I hadn't thought about the hamstring/adductor tendons pulling at the knee. Will speak with physio later, and seek out a rubber bung.

Excellent news Mennania

Go Speedy Go

11/10/2012 at 11:30

Speedy Remember to enjoy it

Best wishes to all who are ill and or injuried or hopefully on the road to recovery.

I am the opposite at the moment. I have not run since Friday, I just can't motivate myself, lack of fun/interest. However, I also have not running guilt. Hopefully a week and a half off and I will start to enjoy it again. I think quite sadly, it has coinsided with my HRM giving up completely, and my Garmin misting up during my runs. 

I saw a Heron land on our garage roof yesterday, very impressive. Rushed to get the camera, just as it unleashed the largest s**t I have ever seen come out of a bird. It then took off approx half a stone lighter, leaving evidence of it having been there.

11/10/2012 at 11:32

x post

Shoaming;

The foaming you get in shorts when you run in the rain and the shorts are not free of soap from the last time through the machine.

11/10/2012 at 12:24

I often get pooped by the birds above the tree outside my house. Some seem to have the same digestive issues as also-Ran . Get well soon matey.

Good luck speedy we all wish you well and hope you reach your promise after the GNR disappointment.

11/10/2012 at 12:25
I just want to know where he got the cup from
11/10/2012 at 13:18

Who wants a cup when you can get a Stein for that post run drink when sitting in a pair of shoaming shorts:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/products.php?term=shoaming&defid=6390791

11/10/2012 at 16:33

Best wishes for Munich Speedy.  You've worked very hard and I'm sure it will pay off

and good news Birch and Mennania

Oh dear AR - get better soon

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.