Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

21,021 to 21,040 of 35,802 messages
12/10/2012 at 19:59

Scooby - If you use sports tracks this is a brill app - There is an instruction section on the app (although it aint easy to find) I find this plug in the best indicator for fitness/fatigue ratios and an indicator od under or over training etc. enjoy!

12/10/2012 at 20:52
Minni wrote (see)

Good luck Speedy!

GD, KR - see you in Peterborough, maybe! Have a good one!

Thanks Minni, hopefully I'll see knocknig about the start or finish!

12/10/2012 at 21:33
Mennania, Scoobs and anyone else who uses Sports Tracks - having had a quick look at the site, it does look impressive so a couple of quick questions:

- in the FAQ it always refers to a PC, but is this also compatible with a Mac / Safari browser?

- is there any way of importing data from Fetch into Sports Tracks?
13/10/2012 at 06:52

LR - sounds like a plan; just keep it nice and slow as you increase the mileage.
Minni - wish I was running in Peterborough this weekend! But I'll be with you in spirit. Good "luck" to you, KR, Martin, RJ and probably half of the sub 3:30 thread!!! And of course to Speedy and anyone else out racing this weekend.
My Saturday morning general aerobic run has now morphed into an MLR. 11 slow miles for me today making a total of 37 for the week. Off to marshall at parkrun in a while.

13/10/2012 at 07:54
Sorry Gul I thought you were doing it too!
13/10/2012 at 08:56
Thanks Menna, that looks like a really powerful tool. Just need to do some of that there "training" to put into it now...!

I am on the brink of pulling out of Abo

Foot is improving but don't think it will be ready in time and even then I'll only have run 20 miles total in the previous 4 weeks of the race. Not really the ideal preparation for a serious sub3 attempt. I have Preston booked in for the following weekend so will run that and see how it goes with a slightly more recovered foot and slightly less fitness again but will enjoy the atmosphere of the Preston Guild celebrations. Hey ho. Maybe sub3 next year. Manchester....?
13/10/2012 at 09:17

Hi all, thanks for the namecheck PMJ.

Yes,not sure how things will go tomorrow as it's all a bit scary to think of running 13.1 miles at 5:20 pace but it's worth a pop, even if it goes horribly wrong. Training hasnt been as consistent as I was hoping these last three/four months and I have struggled to get down to true race weight. Oh well, it'll all be fun. Look forward to seeing you Minni & KR. .

Havent had too much time to keep up with the thread recently but saw that Col put in a sterling marathon time. Well done fella. And also spotted Poacher continuing to defy his years with a great half. For the record sharing the podium with the guy who was first V50 is not to be sniffed at. He really is a quality athlete. Think he was third in his age group at VLM and would probably have come second had it not been for fairly poor pacing!

13/10/2012 at 09:42

Slokey . Its so hard making that decision but you often feel better once you've made it.

RJ - I'm also overweight.   You're training might not have been consistent but you still seem to have spat out some pretty fast training times recently.  You did a storming HM at 4am a couple of weeks ago?!  Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

13/10/2012 at 09:59

Yeah that was quite a nice session, Minni but to be fair I started at 5:12am. 1 mile WU, 20mins at 5:19mm, 4 mins easy, 15 mins at 5:17mm, 3 mins easy, 10 mins at 5:19mm, 2 mins easy, 5 mins at 5:18mm, cd. Covered 9.42 miles in the 50 minuntes of effort but the thought of putting it all together without recovery and adding on an extra 3.5 miles is more than making me feel a touch sick!

I'm sure neither of us are 'overweight' but I know what you mean, just carrying a few extra pounds can dent the confidence a little.

Slokey - sorry to hear about Abo fella. But most likely the wisest decision.

13/10/2012 at 11:51
Hey RJ! Long time no hear. Good luck tomorrow
13/10/2012 at 13:04

Hope it goes well to all running tomorrow. Had a further jaunt out for half an hour with no leg issues but shoulder is now proper sore, but is easing with some ibuprofen. Plan another easy session tomorrow.

Lorenzo - Not sure if it runs on a MAC but would have thought it was in their interst for it to do so.  I know it takes it straight in from the Garmin, but I dont know if the fetch application modifies the file in anyway. Hope it works out.

13/10/2012 at 19:08
Well, good luck to all the racers tomorrow - AVIT!

Take it easy Menna, sounds like an awkward one
13/10/2012 at 19:25

All the best to those racing tomorrow, whether it's in Munich or Peterborough (I think I know where I'd rather be!!)

Good to hear from you RJ - are you going to be hanging around here?

SJ - sounds a tough but correct decision.

7 off-road miles for me as I'm about to enter the final week before Greensand.

13/10/2012 at 19:52
Race Jase wrote (see)

For the record sharing the podium with the guy who was first V50 is not to be sniffed at. He really is a quality athlete. Think he was third in his age group at VLM and would probably have come second had it not been for fairly poor pacing!

Have a good one RJ. Can't understand the above though, can you drop in some names so it makes sense.

13/10/2012 at 19:56
Indeed all the best to racers, commiserations SJ. Look after it Mennania

Jase you are a gent, but "defy his years" makes me sound proper old. The other guy who really impressed last w/e was the V45 whose WAVA exceeded 87.....that's quality. Best of luck with your target, you know you can do it. After the
pain of 26.2, holding on for 3 or 4m at the end of a half should be doable.

Lorenzo what is it that you love so much about P'boro?
13/10/2012 at 20:03
PMJ it's this fella, he's fairly nippy esp over the shorter stuff. Can't complain about being beaten by him.

http://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=42481
13/10/2012 at 20:03

Now I see RJ was talking about a V45 it makes sense.

13/10/2012 at 20:12
No he's (even) older than me....
13/10/2012 at 20:30
SJ - sorry to hear that, but making the decision in advance shows the sort of maturity that you have, and that I am in need of. I should have decided early in the week. I'm still playing the novice runner card.

Thursday afternoon and the great drought came. It was possibe to step away from the toilet. And then a great abundance of carbohydrates rained down on me and quenched my ailing glycogen stores. And I used that glycogen to indoor row myself a whole 2000m - and then I was able to walk.

I walked far into the wilderness and there I was met by a magic man who ran his healing hands over me, rechecked my gait, and sent me away (but booking me in for several sessions of deep tissue massage). Then I ran for 3 miles, and shouted out to the world, "I can run, he healed me". Of course 1 hour later I was hurting like hell, but that is not the point.

So here I am, taper madness at its height, recovered from illness, recovering from injury, having eaten my own bodyweight ( which admitedly wasn't much), done a bit of rowing, visited physio, and now motorcyled (good adductor stretch) up to near Leicester Marathon. So close.

Hamstring and Adductor tendons are nicely calmed, and various strappings and compression tested today. Lets see what tomorrow brings
13/10/2012 at 22:04
AR, you are a brave man! Good on you for giving it a go, I'll have my fingers and other things crossed for you tomorrow. Make sure you celebrate afterwards with a massive pie, I think you will have earned it
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.