Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

21,181 to 21,200 of 35,606 messages
20/10/2012 at 09:39

Wardi - I got straight though.  Paid via Paypal and got confirmation but then my name didn't appear on the list and the entry was still in the shopping basket.  I tried to contact the administrator though the site but the message crashed.  After an anxious hour I processed it again using my card and its now through... but I've paid £40.

20/10/2012 at 10:15

Good wishes to all tomorrow's marathon racers . . . . .
Good to hear from Keir & TAR once more

20/10/2012 at 10:19

MsE - just had a skim through the Hanson plan - best of luck if you decide to try it - I wouldn't have the confidence to cap the long runs at 16 miles. Also I'm not convinced that anyone (Hanson's partner) would deliberately follow a marathon plan they insisted wouldn't work, just to prove their point -

Edited: 20/10/2012 at 10:21
20/10/2012 at 10:48

I see Rase Jase has entered the BM too.  If I didn't know better I'd think he was stalking me!

20/10/2012 at 10:49
On the road later and v busy so:
Hope to see some of you at Abingdon, as ever I'm the tall baldy geezer in the yellow Stockport kit, no 119. Good luck to all.
Ditto Lorenzo, have a good one and make it sub4 at the very least.
Edited: 20/10/2012 at 10:49
20/10/2012 at 12:50

Oxford english dictionary;

"There are two possible pronunciations of the word scone: the first rhymes with gone and the second rhymes with tone. In US English the pronunciation rhyming with tone is more common. In British English the two pronunciations traditionally have different regional and class associations, with the first pronunciation associated with the north of England and the northern working class, while the second is associated with the south and the middle class."

Guess I am a northern Oik then.

20/10/2012 at 14:55
Go for it tomorrow chaps - looking forward to tales of heroism and glory tomorrow night!!!
20/10/2012 at 16:46

XC for me today. Ouch. Got a stitch towards the end of the first lap and had to run poking my finger into my side for the next 2.2 miles. Managed to hold my position but got distinctly slower and slower. There was some good mud though, and I got covered in it!  Rubbish time but 16th is OK for the North Mids league - fairly easy courses, lots of speedy folks. East Mids League tomorrow - shorter but tougher courses that the fast runners rarely bother with. Should finish a bit higher up the field!

Good luck to the Abo crew tomorrow!

20/10/2012 at 18:23

I got into BM too. Sounds like I might see a few faces there

18:41 at the park run today. I'm going slowly backwards 

20/10/2012 at 18:28

Speedy - was that at Derby? My son was running there - said it was muddy.
How were the legs after last week?

20/10/2012 at 19:39

SD - nice running; not such good typing!
Speedy - double fixture weekend. All the best for tomorrow. You must love the mud. And of course all the best again to the Abo crew and Lorenzo toughing it out at Greensand.
I'm not really fussed about how your pronounce Scone, as long as it comes with jam and clotted cream I'm a happy bunny
11 slow miles for me this morning to make a total of 38 for the week.

20/10/2012 at 20:08

I'll be the tired one at Abo wearing 798 in white vest with a red stripe.  Might oversleep and be late.  Daughter ill and 24-hour cryathon has been ongoing

Hope to see a few of you

Edited: 20/10/2012 at 20:27
20/10/2012 at 20:25

Birch - yes, that's the one. There were a couple of decent mud patches. My legs were fine, but my breathing wasn't quite keeping up with me and then the stitch scuppered me!

Bike-It - sounds like ideal preparation 

20/10/2012 at 20:27

Best of luck to all those racing tomorrow. Give it some. I am expecting some great results for the thread as the weather is looking pretty good and, well, you're all great.

Poacher - this is your time.

Minni you know I love a bit of a squeeze before the start of a target race btw thanks for my hug last week. It calmed the nerves a little.

TAR - you are not quite as funny than the Edinburgh festival, but a little more quirky.

20/10/2012 at 21:41

Belated well done to Moof,KR for their half's and anyone i may have missed.

Speedy you toughed the Munich mara out and got a great time under those circumstance,great work and good luck on the xc racers.

All the luck in the world to the Abingdon racers.

DM if you have trained for -3 get to halfway around 1h30 and see how you feel then up the pace if ok you will know by 18m if its on, good luck.

Poacher you know you want to...AVIT..

good to here from Keir,TAR,RJ,Blisters too....

21/10/2012 at 08:39
Just popping in quickly to say good luck to all those at Abo today and racing anywhere else.

Don't be sh*t!!!!
21/10/2012 at 08:51

Rase Jase you're making me blush. And if you were nervous it didn't show.  As cool as a cucumber I'd say.

21/10/2012 at 11:44

Went out this morning - my weekly outing whilst awaiting op - what a glorious morning. Took my favourite trail - just the sound of the stream running alongside, birds singing in the trees, dappled with the sunlight.
Did the 6 mile loop (will record 5 as had one or two walk/contemplation breaks), and my knee will hurt later, but good to remind myself of the joy of simply putting one foot in front of the other on such a golden autumn day. 

21/10/2012 at 13:20

Proper XC this morning - mud, more mud, some knee deep marshes, more mud... Started too far back (quite by accident - we had no idea in which direction we'd be running from the start line) and it took me ages to catch up to girls I'd normally be well ahead of. Also the Uni had turned out in force. I picked my way through the field as best I could, but the paths were mostly quite narrow and lined with spikey bushes and nettles. In the last half mile there were two Uni girls in my sights, but 5 men inbetween them and me. I managed to get passed all of the blokes eventually, but ran out of course to chase down the two girls. 9th place, which is a bit rubbish for this league, but at least I didn't get a stitch this time. 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/525963_10152192829630514_514532005_n.jpg

Photo from one of the few dry bits. It was a tad foggy...

Edited: 21/10/2012 at 13:25
21/10/2012 at 14:47

Minni have you been misbehaving again?

17 miles this morning, 41 for the week. Absolutely gorgeous day here in the North East.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.