Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

22,281 to 22,300 of 38,700 messages
03/12/2012 at 23:15
Good to see the milage creeping up again.

I find myself looking forward to the structure of a marathon campaign, following a plan does take the stress out of planing what to do and how to run it each day.

Well done DS2 on getting to the next stage.

Gul. Take care, forgot about your fluorescent leggings, brilliant !!!

Ant. Good to hear from you again and yes I will be joining consistent team, got to give team minni a bit more of a fight this year...
03/12/2012 at 23:56

Just made a note of all the dates for the 18 week P&D campaingn and noticed it all kicks off in a fortnight's time. Won't be folliwing t slavishly, but like Col, I quite like a bit of structure.

Downloaded the myfitness app and tracked week's worth of food - balance seems about right, but could do with a bit more protein. Think I'll stop doing it now as it was getting a bit much for Mrs L when I was analysing all percentages while in bed (say nothing Keir!)

04/12/2012 at 06:27

Freemers - well done on the parkrun PB. How did you get on in the Norwich Half?
Mennania - take it easy; I'm sure you'll come bouncing back soon.
Keir - I'm afraid the leggings went in the bin. Knee is a bit sore but did 8 slow miles this morning and seems fine.
Nice to see the list again. No marathon planned for 2013; main targets will probably be sub 40 and sub 90.

04/12/2012 at 06:46

Its a bit addictive Lorenzo?!  I'm still working on getting my carbs up, which is weird because if you'd asked me before I'd have said carbs are all I eat!  The pan of Veg Broth I've just made has 78% carbs so that should help for the day.

Gul - I had a topple on the ice last night too.  I was running 6m using a loop that is just under 1k, round and round, but the road had been gritted so it was the best place to be.  Then for some bizarre reason I decided to add a bit of variety and went down another street. [I'm blaming Motorcycle Emptiness that was playing too loud on my iPod at the time].  Black ice, I started to go and ended up doing some kind of slide on my belly that resembled my father-in-law deliverig his curling stone.  Thankfully I hit pause on my garmin as soon as I felt myself go.    No damage done but a red knee!

Yesterday morning I ran in the snow for the first time this winter.

04/12/2012 at 06:54

DS2 Congratulations

Gul and Minni take it easy and look after yourselves.

Poacher Good luck with the new job.

I also prefer to follow a schedule and even during base weeks I basically run a schedule week but without any speed sessions. Looking at a weeks holiday at start of Jan so I may just take a week off running then.  

Keir Good man, I have a lot of affinity with the RNLI

Edited: 04/12/2012 at 06:55
04/12/2012 at 07:28

Minni: that's a 'you know you're a runner when...' moment: '...you remember to stop your Garmin when you have an accident'.

04/12/2012 at 08:52

Nice one DS2 - we'll all be rooting for you at the next stage 

Gul Darr wrote (see)

Freemers - well done on the parkrun PB. How did you get on in the Norwich Half?

It was nasty Gul - gale force winds meant for a tough day...came away with 1.38.51 which wasn't exactly what I was after but in the conditions wasn't a complete disaster!

Minni - I had the report back from that medical I had the other week...my diet was low on carbs too, high on protein. Not deliberate, I've just never really thought too much about what I eat.  I probably need to work on that.  And I hope you haven't done any real damage with that fall - the manics are clearly bad for your running health

Cheerful Dave    pirate
04/12/2012 at 08:57
Joolska wrote (see)

Minni: that's a 'you know you're a runner when...' moment: '...you remember to stop your Garmin when you have an accident'.

Just for you jools, one of the running shop chains has an offer on: buy a garmin and you get a tshirt that says "If I collapse please press pause on my garmin",

TR
04/12/2012 at 09:08

Seeing as the team name has my catchphrase as the name, then I'll be adding my miles, although may not be as many as last years campaign.

04/12/2012 at 11:11

I could add that to my cheesetastic 'your pace or mine?' t-shirt , CD.

Edited: 04/12/2012 at 11:11
04/12/2012 at 11:16

Hi all,

Many, many apologies for not catching up earlier. I see there have been some great performances, as usual, on here. As you can imagine it has been a bit manic these past few days following bootcamp.

Thanks for all the good wishes in respect of this. I really didn't think I would get through to this stage. I ran as I expected to but was one of the slower ones in my group so I guess it's fair to say they weren't looking just at that. Also, I've been running a lot of slowish stuff after listening to the advice on here and that didn't translate to much speed on the track. I was running around the track thinking 'don't be sh!te' honestly, I was! The good news is I've got up to 40mpw with no injuries so that advice is proving very good!

I will keep you updated. The voting commences tomorrow - so please, please support me.

I have to attend my uncle's funeral this afternoon but will catch up with you all later - happy running!

04/12/2012 at 11:31

Good luck DS2, it wont be just about speed, it will be about the story, and the balance of the group as a whole.

Snowing now in the Pennines, people are filming a big TV drama opposite Poacher Towers, the poor frozen crew are really earning their money today.   Must go for a run to warm up, due to hot water and heating being kaput.

Relieved to know we wont have to see Gul's tights again....

04/12/2012 at 11:49

Good work, DS2 - I'm sure you weren't sh1te . . . .
Welcome back, Gul - I hope Santa is bringing new leggings !
Nice ice sliding, Minni - good reflexes, too !

steady progress here - 11 miles today - much better (not quicker though) than Saturday's debacle; Poacher to thank - instead of thinking "feck me, this is slow", I had "I am a Warrior" in my head . .   

04/12/2012 at 12:07

The power of positive thought eh??? Nice going Birch.

Poacher - that don't sound too grand - no hot water or heating and snow outside. I hope it gets fixed soon - you can't keep running forever!

We had a tiny sprinkling in my village darn souff this morning. Once I got onto higher ground there was no sign of it. Hope it stays away - I hate the stuff!

04/12/2012 at 13:00

You'll get my vote DS2

Freemers - look at the MyFitnesPal App or on your computer. It works it all out for you. 

04/12/2012 at 13:06

Well done DS2 for getting throught to the voting stage. It's not necessairly how fast you are on the day at bootcamp, but listening to what the coaches say, what you have done in the past, what ambitions/goals you have and most importantly what you can bring in to the mix!

Good luck for Wednesday - you got my vote!

04/12/2012 at 13:08

Cheers Minni/KR - I hope for the chance to emulate you KR.

Off to funeral now. Will catch you all later. have a good day!

04/12/2012 at 15:13
Well done DS2, count my vote

I'll throw my name into TCCSTFTeam too if you'll have me although my presence does guarantee Minni's crew a victory - apologies in advance...
04/12/2012 at 15:49

Great stuff DS2, my vote's heading your way.

Minni - Luckily you had the presence of mind to stop your Garmin, otherwise the consequences don't bear thinking about...

Gul - Sorry to hear about your leggings...and your knee.

TCCSTFT has got a awe-inspiring line-up so far (myself not included).

Is anyone else following the Marathon Talk Advent Challenge? Nice little sharpeners every day to get us in the mood for when the big boys' stuff starts next month. Today's was to incorporate 5 x 1 min fast efforts, concentrating on form, posture and balance. Done!

04/12/2012 at 16:10

Ant - I managed the first day of advent - to run the last 5 minutes of your run the fastest (as my last bit of parkrun was the quickest!). But then Sunday was all about doing hill work which didn't really work for me (a) because it was my Sunday long run and I wasn't really in the mood to work hard up any hills, and (b) we don't really do hills in north Suffolk anyway.  Well, that's my excuse

Sorry, but Team Minni is where it's at

I've had to skip my run completely today - there was a gas leak near where I work and where the gym is, meaning none of the buildings have had any heating or hot water all day. I could have gone without the shower but couldn't face the bad hair afternoon that would have resulted  Anyway I'll throw in an extra easy mile or two for the rest of the week to make up.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.