Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

22,421 to 22,440 of 38,350 messages
08/12/2012 at 08:42

Minni's team is starting to sound more attractive. When does she give the shag on the rocks?

08/12/2012 at 09:05
I joined Guls early morning club today for my long run. This is the last of my slow steady non progressive runs. Marathon training begins on Monday. 19 miles today all at 70% heart rate.
TR
08/12/2012 at 10:30

Blisters - I'll give you cuddle factory, get yourself down here for a big man love cuddle ! Minni is more JFDI than me now, she dishes out the tough love. I'm more QLF with myself nowadays. I can feel the quad pain of low mileage marathons that malcs has been feeling, I too was a big dude with not much idea and no endurance, I'm still there but have a diesel engine to go with it.

Malcs - if you dont get picked for the supersonic 6 or whatever else it is, come back here and the good folks here will see you right, or I will hold your hand myself.

Edited: 08/12/2012 at 10:30
08/12/2012 at 12:30

Clive Welcome. Your 5k time points towards a sub 3:15. Your 10k and HM times don't. You have the speed, but not the endurance. As others have stated the long run followed by the medium mid week run are what will massively improve your endurance. I went from 3:24 to 3:08 following the P&D upto 55 schedule (first 6 weeks of schedule average less than 40 miles a week), on 5 runs a week. So it is more than possible.

5 very slow and hung over miles this morning. I really should ease myself off the wagon, rather than jumping and landing with a bang. 

08/12/2012 at 12:39

Brutal 10K for me this morning in army territory near Farnborough. No chance of anything close to a PB as there were hills that you could only walk up / slide down, loads of mud and some cheeky little stretches of waist high water - one such stretch must have been about 100m long and it probably took the next mile for me to get any feeling back in my feet, let alone higher up.

All in all it was great fun and I've still got a big smile on my face, especially now that I've warmed up.

Unofficial time around 59 mins, but 15th place overall so happy with that.

Off to see the mighty Maidstone Utd this afternoon as they're playing locally.

08/12/2012 at 14:12

I'm not sure all this is doing my reputation any good!  I'm really a very shy and reserved type.....

08/12/2012 at 14:50
Oh it can only be good for your reputation Minni - trust me
08/12/2012 at 17:15
Lorenzo, are you from maidstone? That brutal 10k looked fun in a masochistic post of way.
08/12/2012 at 17:33

Isn't Maid Utd like Man Utd - only supported by people who don't live there? 

When I lived in Maidstone certainly nobody admitted to supporting the home team!

08/12/2012 at 17:38

Greetings all,

have spent best part of a tear out of here, as promised to myself I havent done and will not be doing a marathon this year....... but next year....!!!

Next year I do have a plan and it will be at VLM again to try and lay to rest my demons there.

From those still posting and remember me, I had a bad end to last year with a tear in my Hamstring Tendon (right up in base of the left buttock) not recommended, this was also followed by an op at the same time in my bladder. So had a long rest.

The one aiim I had for the year was a sub 1:25 Half... came close half way through training at Solent with 1:25:59, the got full marks at Gosport with a 1:23:56.

Into base before taking off on full 16 week plan with bits and peices thrown in from various plans that work for me. Looking forwards to it and hope to post reasonably regular over the coming weeks and months

Take care all

08/12/2012 at 17:42
RFJ - welcome back. That's a tough injury to recover from but sounds like you are bouncing back to fitness. Great half PB.
08/12/2012 at 17:45

Welcome back RFJ, that's a great couple of HMs there. I doubt I'll be finishing ahead of you this time round. 

08/12/2012 at 17:48
Keir - not sure many people admit to it nowadays either. You may not know this but when I was in my late teens they got into the football league. Had a couple of mates that played there but they didn't do very well.

We all thought they were great players but shows how good top football is.
08/12/2012 at 17:56
A quick thank you to al those that have voted for me on the Asics target 26.2. All extra votes would be appreciated. We need someone off the sub 3.15 thread through after Knight Rider last year. The others in the GFA category aren't on here.

Also, a little pitch for Malcs and Clive. Great blokes and IMHO deserve a chance. Also, I think they'll remain regulars on here whether they get through or not.

A bit cheeky, I know but gotta try.
08/12/2012 at 19:43
Welcome back RFJ! Do you have a particular VLM target time in mind ? Sounds like you've been very productive on the HM front which must give you a lot of confidence and a solid speedy platform. What will your VLM training plan look like?
08/12/2012 at 20:35

RFJ- it's always good to welcome back a lost soul who has strayed, suffered and found a way back to the path of rightousness

Hey Minni we are lovin you tough love phase....

Another step on the gentle slide down for me today. 19 mins at the parkrun on a good calm day. Meanwhile the younger generation did well. My 15 year old improved by 3 minutes in her 2nd parkrun in 25:20, 11th from 31 ladies. I see some budding young OO talent there      

08/12/2012 at 21:36

RFJ Welcome back

OO Very impressive from younger OO

08/12/2012 at 21:48

Thanks for the welcomes back... was not quite the lost sheep but just wandering....!!

The only time I want to beat is 3:13:46, my current PB... but would like to significantly dent that down and with the PB half 2 weeks ago, I feel that if I can stay injury free then there will be no issues in doing that.

off to look at voting buttons

Edited: 08/12/2012 at 21:48
08/12/2012 at 21:57

Welcome back from here as well RFJ - that's an impressive HM time you've knocked off there. 

Keir / DS2 - I was born in Maidstone but moved away when I was a few months old, but have nevertheless followed the Stones as none of the other places in England I've lived in have had any kind of team worth following. The highs of getting promoted to the Football League, the pain of going bust, the hope stemming from re-forming etc etc. Don't know about not having any local support though. Since they've moved back into town with a new stadium, they've averaged around 1,600 - one of the highest, if not the highest in non-league.

Anyway - they ground out a 1-0 victory today so still second in the table, two point behind the leaders but with 3 games in hand.

Hoping to have the energy tomorrow morning to get out for a run - finishing position earlier today confirmed as 14th.

08/12/2012 at 22:00

Brilliant running from the youngster OO.

Hello again RFJ.

I'm ditching my fell race tomorrow because of the ice that's still on the tops.  This was from my run today...

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/46278/gallery/ice_paths_2012_0.jpg?width=478&height=359&mode=max

16m on the road planned instead.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.