Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

23,441 to 23,460 of 38,192 messages
10/01/2013 at 22:05

My cousin's husband is a paediatrician. He told me of a couple who had 4 kids, but for some reason decided to go for 1 more. Then ended up with triplets! 7 kids! Now those people must know what time management means.

Impressive what you are able to juggle there TR

TR
10/01/2013 at 22:12

DS2 - sounds like you have a busy life too. Team sports like Hockey are good for kids they get a lot out of them. Getting my kids into cricket will hopefully give them a sporting/social life wherever they end up living or working, hopfeully it'll be local enough for me to sit back and watch them on Saturdays when I'm old and worn out.

10/01/2013 at 22:24

FINgers Great sounding session. Must be a big confidence boost

Martin Nice and pacey few miles.

TR Wise words and very impressive organisation as always.

I have a meeting with a mortgage adviser tomorrow. I have already had two 30 min conversations so far, I am expecting to lose a couple of hours tomorrow. That is about as busy as my time at home gets.

Edited: 10/01/2013 at 22:27
10/01/2013 at 22:30
Cheers for the comments on the session, yes it's nice to get that under the belt so early. I plan to do a similar session weekly in place of the tempo runs in the Paula Plan - she would have had me doing 2m warmup 7m tempo 1.5m warm down - for her Tempo is race pace as far as I can workout from her book. The tempo bit gets a mile longer each week but I forget what maximum distance she takes it up to.

In response to Fraser's question, I try not to look to much at the garmin but try to gauge on effort, although I do find myself glancing down more regularly. The pace indicator always takes a little time to settle after each split comes up anyway so have to do a little judging and then just check after 30secs or so that I'm on target.

On the subject of kids, I think I mentioned we're expecting number 2, due in march in fact the day after I'm supposed to be running in Reading... That could make for an interesting weekend.... And I suppose there may be a little more traing interruptions nearer VLM, although I tend to try to do most of my running at lunch - it will be the sleep that I guess will be less than ideal!
10/01/2013 at 22:48
OMG keir! I would need sectioned if that happened to me.
Blisters    pirate
10/01/2013 at 22:54
TR wrote (see)

Getting my kids into cricket will hopefully give them a sporting/social life wherever they end up living or working, hopfeully it'll be local enough for me to sit back and watch them on Saturdays when I'm old and worn out.

At your rate of training that's not going to be long now...

Anyway, just back in from a VERY gentle 5 miler. It must have been a late start, even the 16 year old had voluntarily gone to bed.

10/01/2013 at 23:21
Minni wrote (see)
OMG keir! I would need sectioned if that happened to me.

I agree, c-section would be the way to go.

10/01/2013 at 23:22
Keir wrote (see)

My cousin's husband is a paediatrician. He told me of a couple who had 4 kids, but for some reason decided to go for 1 more. Then ended up with triplets! 7 kids! Now those people must know what time management means.

We had friends who had 3 lads and decided to try for one more in the hope of having a girl. Result = triplets: 2 more boys and one girl. Think they decided to stop after that!

A few hill reps for me tomorrow methinks. Still very proud of the fact that I've yet to run in leggings this campaign.

10/01/2013 at 23:52

Nice 10 miler FINgers and 5 miler martin. Are you still able to get much in the week?

TR, your kids schedule sounds like my lad  - in a football team, training twice a week and matches every Sunday. Tyring to figure out the logistics of doing an XC race this Sunday and getting him to his match too (away!) - think the XC race might not be an option .

6 miles tonight with the middle 2 in 6.45 & 6.42 pace. Nine days back 2 back running since last week and looking forward to a day off tomorrow .

11/01/2013 at 06:45

Up 0345 again, but the CNBA fairy banned running; wonder who win today's "Gul Dar Early Masochist of the Day" award...

11/01/2013 at 06:51

Poacher - that's a long day at work!
Keir - good session
TR - I've been running more to feel lately, and my pacing is all over the place. Probably just, errr, getting the feel for it.
SD - no snow please!
Martin - hope you can find some time to get the runs in. Nice one last night.
Poacher - good luck with the Ultra. What time do you start on Saturday?
FINgers - very impressive progressive run.
Lorenzo - 11 miles before breakfast even after a not quite as early start!
Minni - well done for getting out at 6pm.
Another lie-in for me before a 3 mile recovery run @ 8:47 m/m.

Keir: 5.15am
Lorenzo: 5.14am
Gul: 4:30am

11/01/2013 at 06:59
Minni - 4:29am.

Kidding!
11/01/2013 at 07:11

Slackers

Minni get off your a**e - do you want that 3.14.59 or not?

11/01/2013 at 07:47

6M recovery in the bag. I am definitely running slower these days. I'm also finding doing 6 runs a week quite challenging at the moment - hopefully I'll adapt sooner rather than later.

I must do something a bit quicker tomorrow, before a 16-mile slog on Sunday.

11/01/2013 at 07:54
Morning all,

Some impressive early morning running, and I agree with DS2 that it is inspiring to see how many of you make time to get the runs in despite hectic lives.

I have reluctantly dragged myself onto the injury bench,and told myself I can't get off until I've been for a sports massage, and maybe seen a physio.

The niggling pain and discomfort in my calf is not getting better, and I actually cut my last MLR short after 4 miles as I was concerned I was doing more damage than good. Hopefully it's just tightness (I am crap at stretching) but I've decided to be sensible and to take the time now to make sure I haven't done anything more serious.
11/01/2013 at 07:56
Minni - it's there in writing. 4.29am it is.

Poacher - is it the C2C that you're doing this weekend?

Ant - keep your pecker up.

Gul - hope you enjoyed the lie-in!!

5.5 miles for me this morning, including 4 x 400m hill reps.
11/01/2013 at 08:40
Poacher wrote (see)

Slackers

Minni get off your a**e - do you want that 3.14.59 or not?

Brings a whole new meaning to sub 3:15 (am?)

11/01/2013 at 08:53

Lorenzo, C2C yes, as you know the first 23m or so is mainly trail with a touch of XC so hoping it gets really cold and the mud freezes. Not in racing shape but a solid block of TOTF will be handy

Good running this weekend everyone, have a lie in (till 0500 if you like)

11/01/2013 at 09:02

Gul - are you suggesting a 3.15am challenge? Perhaps on a set day (15th March - but writen the american way) we should all make an effort to set the alarm stupidly early and leave the house bang on 3.15am.

12m inc 4m @Mara HR effort this morning. came in at 6.37m/m for the 4m splits. 

11/01/2013 at 09:24

Woke up early, looked at clock, and wierdly Gul came into my thoughts. I'm worried.

Set off at 5.13am (unverified Gul, but I will take it) for a 14miler.  At 10 miles ran into a flooded field, so as its the year of flexibility, turned around and made it a 20m.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.