Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

23,641 to 23,660 of 38,224 messages
15/01/2013 at 15:54

There's an 8 miler with 10 x strides in it but no intervals.  P&D aren't that fond of intervals.  Neither am I, which must be why I love their schedules so much!

15/01/2013 at 16:00
Nice progressive run from you Jools. Did it feel all fairly controlled?

Good posive spin there Scoobs. Like it. Really well done for having a word with yourself and essentially getting the prescribed session in. Fighting that feeling of "feck this I simply can't be arsed" is what it's all about.

Good miles from AR. Still don't how any of you can face a two our run pre work.

Likewise Ant. You still did it. I was reading on Keir's thread about not stressing the actual pace for all these kind of efforts. More about perceived effort on the day and going outSide the comfort zone

I did a session with 2 efforts of 1.5 mp, 0.5 HMP, 0.5 tempo. Inspite of not looking forward to it rather enjoyed it inthe end. Slightly over cooked the mp (6.26) and hence HMP and tempo bits felt a bit harder. Anyway. In the bag.

Coming down to your manor again on fri Minni. Get rid of that nasty while stuff will you!
Blisters    pirate
15/01/2013 at 16:05

London marathon 2014 on Easter Day?

That would be most unusual, and would break with tradition. The last time that there was a potential clash the organisers ran the race on Palm Sunday instead.

15/01/2013 at 17:55

Jools, are you using the edition 1 P&D plans. I remember there were a few intervals snuck into the second phase of the plan when I used it (second edition). If it is, then the 1st Edition plan sounds more me

15/01/2013 at 18:46

Perfect running weather this week, coming from someone who sweats by the bucketload.

Hoping to break my weekly record this week by doing a 45 mile week, has been at 41mi for las 2 weeks.

Got a 10k multi terrain race on sunday too xd!!!

15/01/2013 at 19:17

AR: yes, first edition, but with a few extra cross-country races and parkruns than P&D recommend.

FW: it felt pretty comfy, but that is to be expected because I had a cut-back week last week and the week before I'd switched my LSR to the Thursday, therefore legs have had an easy time of it of late.

15/01/2013 at 21:03
Fraser - pack your skis! I have a spare entry for the BM HM on Sunday if you fancy it? I'm picking someone up from your weekend retreat and there's room for another.

Snow and ice stopped me doing my intervals outside but managed a 3 mile frozen warm up before hopping into the tready. Early doors for me tomorrow but only a 10 to do so don't need to start till 5am.
Blisters    pirate
15/01/2013 at 21:09

Just 1 mile for me, but it was a swim, at something like pb "pace".
That's OK for tapering isn't it?

15/01/2013 at 21:25

Minni - What did your mum tell you about offering lifts to strange men? And I thought you were supposed to be tough up norf? "Snow and ice stopped me". Meh. Anyway, enjoy your lie-in.

Blisters - Actually, that sounds a bit full-on for a taper...

15/01/2013 at 21:54

Hi all,

Havent read back, as been busy

5.5m easy last night and 7.79m of kenyan hills tonght (3 x 8mins)

Pops back out again.....

Ant van Oviedo wrote (see)

I am apparently (and "officially") 2cm shorter than I was when I got married 13 years ago. What could this be down to?

Very slippery out there, but a beautiful, clear night. 8m 8x up hil strides. 1hr 10min.

Minni. Thanks for the BM offer but I'm far from race fit plus meeting builder and plumber on Sun. Assuming I and they can get there ok! Are you doing it as a full on effort?

Good miles from Carbloader. Stay strong and make sure you keep the easy miles eeeezzeee
15/01/2013 at 21:57
Scooby- those tempo runs do feel pretty tough at least with intervals you get a rest every so often. Well done for still getting a tough workout in.
I had the same run tonight, 9 with 5 a LT and it is tempting to bin it in the first mile or so, just need to get to half way.
I've set up a program on the Garmin of mile repeats (*5) and a HR zone of 88 to 92% of max. I find it easier just to keep focus on the hr band.

Managed an average of 6.21, so pleased with that.

I'm 5'9", some would say I'm a 5'8" short arse....they lie!
15/01/2013 at 22:10

6 miles in the snow as club GP was cancelled tonight. A magnificent pace of 10 mins. per mile!

15/01/2013 at 22:18
Running in the snow is tough on the legs with the extra knee lift required. I'm glad our one day dusting has now been washed away.
Nice pace btw.
15/01/2013 at 23:34
Keir wrote (see)
Ant van Oviedo wrote (see)

I am apparently (and "officially") 2cm shorter than I was when I got married 13 years ago. What could this be down to?

How did I know you were going to pick up on that?!

Minni - looks like it'll be a cold 'un at 5.00 tomorrow. I'm not planning on going out until 6ish. Can I brave it in shorts, or will the leggings get a run out?

16/01/2013 at 06:09

Ant - well executed reps.
Jools - busy week; no time for intervals by the sound of it.
Minni - take care in the snow and ice. Enjoy your lie-in
Frazer - good session.
Blisters - yes, I hope I'm wrong about VLM2014.
AR - not sure which edition I had, but there were a few 600m intervals I seem to remember and far fewer MP runs than most people seem to include!
Carbloader - hope the multi-terrain race is OK; any snow your way?
RFJ - nice double.
Keir - slippery hills; take care.
Moof - great tempo run.
OO - good slow snow run.
Lorenzo - shorts for me still.
6 and a bit laps of the field done this morning, which is approx 3 miles.

Edited: 16/01/2013 at 06:09
16/01/2013 at 06:31
6m done on the TM. Couldn't stand any more! Will do the rest outdoors tonight.
16/01/2013 at 07:15
Fraser - full effort but the forecast isn't looking good. -9 here this morning so pack your thermals for weekend hill running.

My husband made me sleep in the spare room last night because he's sick of being woken up early and still he complained that he'd heard me moving around upstairs. I tried to turn it around to him being a grumpy git until he said 'I'm sure anyone would complain', and then I got a vision of moof lying fully clothed on the lounge floor waiting to go out for his run and couldn't help laughing to myself! The lengths we go to....
16/01/2013 at 07:44
Minni- I'm sure you must have caught him on an off night because us men don't usually complain about anything.
An inflatable bed (17.99 arg.os) is this years must have running fad.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.