Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

23,661 to 23,680 of 39,003 messages
16/01/2013 at 08:08

As a very light sleeper I must admit I sympathise with Mrs. Moof and Mr. Minni.  But am very impressed by the times at which Moof and Minni are prepared to get up in order to get their running in.  It'll be an evening run for me tonight, combining exercise with collecting orchestra music from a friend's house.

16/01/2013 at 08:36

Having to laugh at Minni and Moof having issues with where to sleep.  I'm lucky that Mrs H will slep through anything and if not she is dead to the world again 30 seconds after I have gone out!!

Two runs in the first two days for me this week.  8 miles early Monday morning as I had a local meeting.  So peaceful running at 6am in the snow.  And then 6.5 miles last night sliding around on the ice with the club.  Not so fun.   Rest day today.

16/01/2013 at 08:56

Forgot to log my run on Jantastic, so nipped back to see what's happening. Like Martin, I don't have issues with waking a partner; another good reason not to use an alarm clock though! The car needed de-icing this morning (Mrs GD drives to work) and it registered -8C
Jools - Thursday morning is usually when I do and out and back to the in-laws to drop off piano music for evening piano lessons, but might need to make alternative arrangements this week. The return journey is always more enjoyable as I'm then hands-free.

16/01/2013 at 12:28
Gul- " I don't think the stationary shops are

moving anywhere", indeed! That made me chuckle.
16/01/2013 at 12:32

I tend to disturb my wife every day as I leave early and wake earlier. But at least she gets a goodbye kiss!

16/01/2013 at 13:22

When I'm doing an early morning run I set the alarm to wake me up, however, it usually Mrs KR who gives me a nudge to get me to get out of bed!

moof wrote (see)
Gul- " I don't think the stationary shops are

moving anywhere", indeed! That made me chuckle.

Went to see Jimmy Car the other year and he did a 3 word joke:
Stationery Store Moves.

3 x 2 mile reps last night done & dusted in 13.14, 13.05 & 12.51.

16/01/2013 at 13:27

7m for me this lunchtime - wouldn't be normally worth a mention but happy with that after my calf and ankle troubles.  I've just got to run at a reduced pace to avoid straining it again whilst things settle down.  I'm finding I got quite a bit of knee lift going on instead of hip extension - my physio will be happy as he has been encouraging me for a long time to develop more knee lift.

My wife doesn't mind if I wake her when I leave.  I've just got to avoid waking my 10 month old daughter as she needs a lot of work to get back to sleep.

16/01/2013 at 14:30

I tend to wake the wife when I get up early, with either the alarm or sneaking around getting my gear. First comment when I return is how the good wife could not get back to sleep . I like to think this is because I am missed so much, but not 100% sure.

Good news BikeIt

14 miles today at 7:58 pace, HR seemed a bit low at average of 70%, seemed slightly harder work than that.

16/01/2013 at 14:44

That's great news Bike It - hope you continue to improve.

Nice reps KR.

Mrs. Ant is quite a heavy sleeper so I never disturb her. What normally wakes her, in fact, is me showering after I get back!

I've been playing the "Toughing It Out" card a bit too much recently, I know, so I won't say too much about my 10.5 miles this morning, which were a terrible slog in horrible weather. Really felt tired and dying to sack it early. I was very happy to stop at some traffic lights at mile 6. Anyway, 7.43mm, and it's in the bag.

An easy 5-miler tomorrow...

Edited: 16/01/2013 at 14:45
16/01/2013 at 15:23

You need to get this sorted out. Occassionally, bring back a treat for the other half, particularly if you are going to traipse mud around the house. Don't make the mistake of bringing something everytime

Two successes today. Regular blood test this morning, and the nurse said "I bet you are a runner". I think I have lost some of the Christmas excess weight. That was followed up at lunch time with a first sub 40min 10k row, in which I over dramatically fell off the rower at the end gasping for air, Steve Redgrave style (but not Redgrave times)

16/01/2013 at 16:36

Ooooshhh, Bk in from a 8 mi Tempo @6.52 pace.

Felt really hard today, im hoping its because of the increased milage i have been doing so the accumlated fatigue makes it feel that bit harder.Last time i did a quicker tempo was in December when i was running about 28 mi per week.

16/01/2013 at 16:45

Carbloader: Have you done your planned TT to calculate your training paces yet? And if so, how did you get on?

Envious of all those that are running in snow free climes. Went out this morning when it was -3, double socks, tracksters, shorts, three tops, jacket, hat, two pairs gloves, shoes with grip-trax on, must have been carrying an extra couple of kilos and felt like I was a mitchellin man.

Anyway another 13.4 miles @ 7:58mm, starting to itchy feet to get started with doing 20s, but that is still a few weeks away.

16/01/2013 at 16:56

OGL-No i havent done it yet, plan to do it next week when im fresher as i have been working nightshifts for the last 6 nights. i still run when i get up from my nightshifts but limit myself to around 8 miles ie todays tempo for time reasons etc.

Plan to do a 18 miler on friday in the snooowwww and got a 10k multi terrain race on sunday,so that should be interesting......

16/01/2013 at 17:06

Been bliddy busy for a few days at work so no time to post but been lurking and following whats going on. On the height thing, I always thought I was 6 foot until I was 25 when I went for a medical and the Doc told me I must have shrunk and inch!!! Most disappointing at the time!

Good to see everyone getting stuck into the early weeks of their respective programmes.

I have listened to all of your comments about doing my long runs a bit fast at this satge so did my best to slow it down this morning on my MLR of 12 miles. It was so cold though that I kept wanting to run a bit faster. Anyhow averaged 8;11 (as opposed to 7:54 on Sunday) so trying hard.

It was really foggy first thing this morning and minus 2 at the same time - for the first time ever my hair froze over (must have been the dampness of the fog and the freezing temp)! it was totally frozen with white ice. Anyone else experienced this?

16/01/2013 at 17:29
OGL - how far North of me are you? It was -9 here this morning.
16/01/2013 at 18:07

Fridays long run will be interesting, forecast heavy snow

Staffordshire based.

16/01/2013 at 19:10
Brrrr....it's cold eh

Freezing hair, indoor camping, incredible shrinking men, shrivelled todgers ( or did I imagine that one).....it's all happening on here

I have picked up a cold from some bugger breathing over me at work. Disgraceful. Crappy feverish sleep punctuated by lemsip a at midnight and 4am. No run today. Bugger. I hate being even vaguely ill. At least it makes you appreciate feeling on good form

What's the roads and snow situation supposed to be like on Friday Minni??

How did the nurse guess that AR?? Very astute of her/him

Keep your chin up Ant. You know it'll all be worth it

Sounds like a corner has been turned Bikeit

Good session from CL

Are you still in Lothian OGL??
16/01/2013 at 19:43

It appears I am the only one who has grown then. I dont wake up my other half when I go for an early run as I dont go for an early run. Well, not often anyway.

10 miles at 7.15mm for me tonight - to the fizz and back (to sort out my disfunctional shoulder) in my tights fot the first time as it was parky out there.Strange run. really tough at MP of 6.50 on the way out and totally cruising at 7.00 on the way back.

From the tone of the  gloom merchants on the tweather there aint gonna be much outside running done this weekend.

Good news bike it.Get better soon Fraser.

16/01/2013 at 20:01

Minni: Just south of Edinburgh, but halfway up the Pentlands. Have a micro climate thats colder than Edinburgh by a few crucial degrees. When Edinburgh gets a dusting of snow that doesn't lie we get four inches.

-9 beats the temp here, it was -6 first thing but I waited till mid-morning before my run, it was better conditions on the roads across the moors than in town.

Frazerelli: Is that the running curtailled for the weekend then?

Time now to send some race entries in.

16/01/2013 at 20:21

Carbloader Great tempo run

Mennania It is strange this running business.

Ant Enjoy the recovery run.

Frazer Get well soon

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.