Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

23,681 to 23,700 of 38,251 messages
16/01/2013 at 20:59

Minus 9 Minni. It was warmer than that when I took my kids to Lapland a few years ago!!!

16/01/2013 at 21:08
Fraser - the main road is clear but icy. The snow is forecast to come in again on Saturday. The hills look absolutely beautiful . I'll try and upload a pic in a mo. hope you feel better soon. I have been reading that a cut onion can help keep the bugs away.

OGL - I'll be coming up to Edinburgh in March to do the Meadows half but probably at MP... unless I get carried away!

Cooked Mr Minni a nice meal tonight to try and make up for his lack of sleep. Another early morning start tomorrow so looks like it'll be the spare room again.
16/01/2013 at 21:41

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/46278/gallery/snow_0.jpg?width=350

16/01/2013 at 21:48

Minni - That's a beautiful pic. Were you out running in that?

Frazer - Physician, heal thyself, and all that. Get well soon.

DS2 - Once I went out on a cold day and after a few miles I noticed someting pulling on the hairs of my legs...it was the (I can see I'm going to get abuse for this) body milk I'd put on, frozen solid. And white.

Well done everyone for getting the miles in, in what looks like increasingly dodgy conditions.

16/01/2013 at 21:49

Wow. That's beautiful Minni.

16/01/2013 at 21:50

Ant - this is taken about 8 mile from where I live, which is almost at the bottom of the those hills.

16/01/2013 at 21:50
Body milk!! WTF!
16/01/2013 at 21:53

There - it's started already.

16/01/2013 at 21:54

16/01/2013 at 21:57
Wondered how you maintained that silky soft exterior Ant. No one would guess you're 63

Great pic Minni. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. I'll make sure I'm free of body milk before venturing out- a chap can never be too careful
16/01/2013 at 21:58

I'm really trying hard to be restrained, but I think you do need to explain Ant. Is this some magic running potion (like cherry and beetroot juice)

16/01/2013 at 22:16
Just got back from 14 miles, a bit chilly out there but ok once you get going. Double gloves and leggings being a southern softy. I'm just grateful I didn't have any body milk on my legs.

Nice pic Minni.

Frazer- you came into contact with someone all germed up! Only let them in if they have broken bones as I don't think that is contagious.
17/01/2013 at 06:03

Frazer has it - how do you expect me to look quite so damn gorgeous if I don't moisturise?

17/01/2013 at 07:35

great effort moof in the cold at that time of night. I stayed in and ate pasta

Much better at the coast Minni- only minus 4

17/01/2013 at 08:15

Body milk!  Ant...

Minni: wow.  That is absolutely beautiful.

Still no snow here but the forecast is for it to arrive from the early hours of tomorrow morning.  Kind of hoping they're wrong.  20M in the snow on Saturday would be hardcore.  And that, folks, is how you know you've become a grown-up: you become pragmatic about snow and its negative side-effects.

17/01/2013 at 08:22

Ant - body milk?? Funny though. It was minus 7 in my village this morning when I left for work. Warmer here in South london though (about minus 3) so will venture out for my 5 mile recovery at lunchtime instead.

Minni - lovely picture. I hope it stays up north though. Good idea to keep Mr Minni happy. The way to a mans heart and all that.........

Fraser - hope you are feeling better soon.

moof - respect for getting out for a 14 miler at night when it's this cold. If I didn't do those runs before I got into work I'm not sure they would happen.

OO - pasta sounds a better idea!

17/01/2013 at 08:47

5m. Icey. Very slow to avoid slippage. 

17/01/2013 at 08:51

KR - good 2 mile reps.
Bike It - please to hear things are going well.
SD - nice MLR.
Ant - they all count.
AR - good cross training - never done any rowing, but sounds like a tough session.
CL - good tempo run; that was bound to feel like hard going.
OGL - well done on the frozen MLR.
DS2 - too much gel?
F - get well soon.
Mennania - sounds like the fizz did a good job then.
Minni - great pic.
Moof - I must confess, I'm considering doubling up the gloves too. Still in shorts though.
And don't worry folks, I'm not slacking (well not too much). Out as 5am for 8 steady miles which equated to 17 laps of the field. Still freezing here - apparently on Tuesday night it was -13C down the road at RAF Marham

17/01/2013 at 08:53

x-post Keir - aren't you tempted to try a few laps of a near-by field

17/01/2013 at 08:59

I'm not sure if it is a good idea Gul. The fields all seem a bit rutted, which is dangerous when frozen. Even running along the middle of the lane today I stumbled over a frozen solid pile of horse shit! If there was a flat, smooth village green style field it might be an option. Of course, I did buy the treadmill for days like this, but I am saving the 'pleasure' of that until it is really bad! 

Well done on getting the 8m in. Your building up mileage really nicely. You must be feeling pretty fit now. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.