Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

23,781 to 23,800 of 37,071 messages
18/01/2013 at 06:02

AR - great tempo session on the dreadmill.
EFC-Col - easy on that knee.
Birch - sounds promising.
OO - King's Lynn parkrun cancelled too.
Bike It - nice one.
Mennania - enjoy the snow and dreadmill.
Jools - any snow yet? Great running on the prom.
SD - hope the legs are OK; be careful. Sensible decision.
Badbark - gruelling schedule! Sounds like a well-earned holiday.
Blisters - all the best for Sunday.
DS2 - hope the snow doesn't scupper your plans.
CL - good slow running
Minni - respect.
RFJ - top session.
Lorenzo - well done on resisting the leggings.13 slow miles planned tomorrow but will stick with the shorts. Gonna have to dounble up the gloves though.
3 mile recovery run this morning (6 and a bit laps).

18/01/2013 at 06:59

Snow has arrived and is still falling.  From peering out of the window I'd say several cm already (and I live in the city, so there must be a fair bit more in the surrounding countryside).  Not a bad day to take my rest day...

18/01/2013 at 07:32

Goods job you got a good session in y/day Joolska. Congrats on the fast pace and prize.

I had a 5 miler on a snow covered track. Nice but way too short. I've taken it easy this week due to the race on Sunday. If it gets cancelled I'll need a mega miles run to compensate...getting above 35 may be a challenge now

18/01/2013 at 08:24
Blisters, it isn't looking good for Sunday! http://www.beyondthelimitations.co.uk/1.html

I am lurgified Although I went to my first Pilates class last night and found it quite good. Foot, leg combo feels strong and relaxed today so I think it will do me good. Who knows, maybe next week my runs might be longer than 1 mile....

Enjoy the snow - none here yet (south lakes) but it is expected to arrive by lunchtime. No cycling either!!
18/01/2013 at 08:38

I think I see where I made my schoolboy error in BodyMilkGate. What, then, does a chap put on his knees and elbows when these become a bit dry due to chafing etc? I think maybe there was a problem in translation, and your dirty minds feared the worst...

Anyway...

AR - Kudos for getting in such a good treadie sesh. In my gym the treadies are set to 20 minutes max, so no chance of my ever doing that. Phew.

Badbark - I'd say you've earned that trip to the Canaries. Enjoy it!

Carbloader - Well done on being patient and doing those slower miles. I can never bring myself to do slower than 8mm - it mucks up the stats!

Jools - Really impressive 5-miler and very well paced considering you didn't look at your Garmin.

I should get out and do that tempo run now. I am slightly struggling with a bit of sub- (or pre-) lurgy, so I don't expect great things...

12ºC here.

18/01/2013 at 10:05

Ant, I went to my wifes gym. The treadmills had 90mins as the max session - between 6:30am and 7:30am the place was like a ghost town. I was expecting it to be full of new years resolutionaries - maybe 17th Jan is when resolutions are broken. First time I have set foot in a gym for some time. Take care with the lurgy.

Shifted my work and runs around and put in my long run this am. Navigational errors changed it from 18 to 21. All run at 75%  heart rate. Snow started falling when I got to the highest point, and it then raced me back home

18/01/2013 at 10:26
Up at 5.15 and out of the door at 5.30 for a hilly 12 mike commute this morning. Hit the inclines fairly hard but took it easy on the declines. Started snowing heavy after six miles. Glad to get it out of the way as no chance later me thinks.
18/01/2013 at 14:25

3.4 miles in the snow for me this lunchtime - laps of the local footbal pitch.  Just really to say I had done it. 

18/01/2013 at 14:45

3rd lesser spotted last night.  That's 2 bottles of wine the Weston Prom Run owes me now...

18/01/2013 at 15:43

Looks like some of you have got it much worse than us here in the South East.

Good prize-running Jools!

moof - nice early running and beating the snow to boot!

bike it - I feel I will be doing something similar tomorrow - just to say i did it!!!

Got my 9 miler in at 8:14mm this morning before the snow came. Bloody cold though! For the first time this winter I had pleasant thoughts of treadmill running but after a couple of miles and getting warm those thoughts disappeared. Mrs DS went off to the gym and thought I was mad!

Blisters    pirate
18/01/2013 at 16:53

As predicted, Sunday's race is cancelled.

Jools, you are just going to have to hang around for the prize giving a bit more often now that you are a serial podium finisher.

Ant, I think that you can put whatever you like on your tender parts, KY, Pineapple flavoured happy gel, bodyglide, vaseline, or even things from the wife's bathroom cupboard. Protocol will dictate whether you get a ribbing for it, and the answer will always be yes. Personally I use Surgical spirit on any chafing.

18/01/2013 at 19:00

That's a shame Blisters, if not unexpected. What are you going to do instead?

Good point about hanging about to pick up prizes Jools. You seem to be flying this year. You must be pretty excited about your chances. Do you think all the extra strength that you built at the end of 2011 for the 'Running home.....' is now paying off?

18/01/2013 at 19:44

Gul: Is the 13 planned miles round the field? Do you always run in the same direction around your circuit?

Jools: enjoy the rest day with the wine and then the snow when you start running again.

OO: How are the legs from the 5 miles in snow (what depth?)

SJ: what's you current target/plan?

Ant: Bodymilk? and you didn't expect flak! your lucky there's only keir about and not windy.

AR: 21 miles at 75% HR, that's a strong (tough?) run, what pace did it work out at? and what's your plans for the next few days?

Moof: another 12, well done.

Bike it: 3.4miles, class it as a recovery run and count the miles done.

DS2: Pleasant thoughts of a treadmill are a sign of insanity.

Blisters: Shame about the race and all that training going to waste.

9 miles for me at mara intensity (HR), first attempt at mp this season and it was tough. Came out at 7:20mm but it felt much harder, definately couldn't keep the effort up for much longer.

No snow here yet but 4 inches fell on Tuesday before I did an interval session with the club. 12 x 500metres or so on soft spongy grass with the snow on top. Don't think my legs have recovered from that session.

18/01/2013 at 20:44

On the plus side, no snow here, qute sunny and warm in fact

On the minus side, "here" is Algeria which is not necessarily the best place to be working at the moment, if you've seen the news.  Training pretty much out of the question. 

Take care all and careful in the icy stuff.

18/01/2013 at 20:45
OGL, the plan was for a crack at a sub3 in Manchester followed by Outlaw triathlon in July. Best case for Manchester now is a GFA or at least a solid training session. Worst case I'll have to defer and save my legs for the summer. The real shame is that I am really missing the pleasure of just getting out for a run. At least there is plenty of vicarious pleasure on here!

Sounds like you are on track. 9 at MP is a hard session to tick off in January...
18/01/2013 at 20:46
Take care Poacher!
18/01/2013 at 20:47
What's the local "mood music" like for foreign nationals?
18/01/2013 at 20:53

some good snowy miles going in

Jools nice weston run and prize

Lorenzo, sorry tights when its gets cold.....

5.5m at te gym on the treadie, no issues with set times, if busy they may ask you, but most use them only for abouth 10 mins or so, so they tend to leave the serious runners alone to get on with it (there are 10 treadmills though)

Waiting to hear if Sundays 10k will be cancelled... inspection and decision due at 1pm tomorrow

18/01/2013 at 20:55
OGL - nice long MP effort at this stage from you. Plenty of training to come to push the speed endurance.

Todays pace came out as 7:42 on a flat route with a 130m hill up and back midway. Too much snow here, so tomorrow is a rest day, and Sunday will be a long steady row. No more running this week

Just hope the snow clears (killjoy)
18/01/2013 at 21:05

Poacher - Be careful out there!

Blisters - Hard luck, but inevitable I suppose.

No snow in sight here, just torrential rain for hours and hours...

Felt really dodgy this morning so scaled down operations and did 6M: 1M w/u, 2 @ 7:00mm and 3 @ 6:50mm. Feeling better now...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.