Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

23,961 to 23,980 of 35,663 messages
23/01/2013 at 22:13

Moof - I've had my 305 replaced for 50 quid so you should be ok?

23/01/2013 at 22:38

My faithful 305 seems to be struggling as well moof. Although I haven't been abusing mine by treating it like a Swansea ball boy!

I don't know whether it needs a service or what but I'm reluctant to go buying a new one at the price they come in at now! be interested to hear how you get on with the replacement attempt.

Minni - glad you've managed to get a few miles in. It does help a little but I've felt sad for you ever since I read about the tragedy. I am, and always have been a dog lover.

Had a bit of bad news yesterday myself - a friend finally lost her battle with breast cancer. Aged just 45 and two young children. I'd played hockey, initially with her Dad and then with her brother for 20 odd years so had pretty much grown up with the family. I needed that run this morning.

Blisters    pirate
23/01/2013 at 23:00

DS2, that really is rotten news, and our combined thread love, sympathy and prayers go out to all who knew her. 45 is too young.

No run for me tonight, but managed to get an hour's swimming done. It's slow, but 80 bagged.

23/01/2013 at 23:09
DS2- that is sad news. My mum died of breast cancer at the ripe old age of 45 as well. It is way, way too young. I am now 45 and feel like I'm in my prime. Life can be cruel.
23/01/2013 at 23:36

6 for me tonight also at the coast. 3 out in 8min miles, 3 back in 7:40.

My dad died at 43 from lung cancer. 40 a day smoker. If anyone needs a motivation to stay fit...

23/01/2013 at 23:47

Sorry to hear your news DS2 - 45 is really young. Feel sorry for the kids and hope there is good family & support for them. It's always weird when as middle aged people, friends die too early makes you realise life is too short.

24/01/2013 at 04:18

DS2 - That seems very unfair.  Sorry to hear it.

Another 8 miles for me this morning at plodtastic pace. Bring it to 36 so far for the week.  I'm not used to that volume and feeling a bit tired now.  It's a rest day tomorrow as I'm flying home.  Unless I go out at half past stupid before I start travelling, but that would be taking things a bit far at this stage.

24/01/2013 at 05:58
DS2 - that is so sad and so young.
24/01/2013 at 06:00
We must all be thankful that we are fit and healthy, and slightly mad.
24/01/2013 at 06:05

Moof - Well done, that was really clever. I got a 50 quid replacement last year, and now I'm terrified of anything happening to it, for the same reasons as you. Didn't Poacher get sent a newer model? The micrphone on mine has packed up, so no alerts (bit annoying when doing reps).

DS2 - Grim news, and all too common, sadly. Best wishes.

24/01/2013 at 06:53

OO - good plodding, plus out and back.
Mennania - nice ascent.
AR - are you going to publish a guide to Maidenhead gyms? Cracking session on the dreadmill.
Jools - hope the glute/hip is OK.
Martin - good finish.
SD - pacey MLR.
DS2 - pleased you managed to get out for a run yesterday. Sorry to hear your sad news - tragic.
LR - never tried gels myself, but I don't like artificial sweeteners either.
TR - sounds promising; steady as she goes.
Minni - hope the running helps.
GE - looking good.
Ant - hope the knee/hamstring are better today.
Moof - good sludging.
Blisters - 80 lengths?
Bike It - have a safe trip.
7 miles @ 7:28m/m round the field d&d.

24/01/2013 at 07:25
DS2 - really sorry to hear that - you have my sympathies

Moof - do you have an iPhone? Garmin do an app which might help you out till your replacement is sorted - it talks to garmin connect so will keep all your runs logged - I'm assuming obviously that you already upload to Connect....

An audit at w*rk today means busy times still - I'm trying to get a run in when I can but its messing a little with consistent consistency. Hopefully it will calm down a bit before I lose too much momentum.
24/01/2013 at 08:05
DS2 - very sad news. As has been said on here a number of times, when you here something like that it puts a lot of things into perspective.

Minni - wise words.

Ant - the beep on my 305 has packed up as will. I'm taking it as a sign that I shouldn't do intervals!

Bike It - safe journey home.

Light flurries of snow while I was out this morning. 9.5 miles, most of which were uphill or downhill, in the bag.
24/01/2013 at 09:07

DS, it's a truism to say there can't be many families unaffected by cancer thesedays; all sympathies to those concerned.

Ant van Oviedo wrote (see)

Moof - Well done, that was really clever. I got a 50 quid replacement last year, and now I'm terrified of anything happening to it, for the same reasons as you. Didn't Poacher get sent a newer model?

I sent back a kaput 305 + £50 a couple of months ago, Garmin waited 8 days then called to say sorry no direct replacements in stock, would I accept a brand new 310XT instead. 10/10 for service. I think that the standard £50 replacements are technically neither used nor "new", but may have parts cannibalised from various units.

Edited: 24/01/2013 at 09:08
24/01/2013 at 09:07
Fingers- I've never really bothered with Garmin connect as I upload all my runs to fetch which gives lots of running geek stats, Plus you can manually log runs on it.
The Strava app I've loaded on to my smart phone does seem pretty good for logging the miles but I do hate lugging my phone around with me on runs and I like to keep an eye on the data on my wrist.
May do me good to run to feel and be free of all that bollox for a week or so.

Gul-nice fielding.
24/01/2013 at 09:09
Poacher- I'll keep my fingers crossed that they are out of stock.
24/01/2013 at 09:11

Xpost, actually yes running without a watch is liberating, I have done several maras like that and it's a good way to listen to the body, develop pace judgement etc. 

24/01/2013 at 09:38

10M into work this morning taking in everything from totally ice-free pavements to the Clifton Suspension Bridge Ice Rink to 6" of snow on top of the plateau in Ashton Court.  Hip/glute still a bit stiff from yesterday but loosened off so a bit more stretching required, methinks.

24/01/2013 at 12:08

Long run day for me, did 19mi unfuelled last week so might do 17 -18 fueled and alot quicker today although the terrain conditions may dictate 

24/01/2013 at 12:55

And in other news, finally booked my VLM hotel (the glamorous Premier Inn Waterloo - just the name sends a thrill down the spine!).  By the looks of things (just re-checked the website for a friend) I got the last room on the Saturday night.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.